logo
Search
Has anyone got your tax refund yet?  
   Forum Index ->
Click the image to Enter your Rating
First Page 1 Last Page 

Post Posted: 7 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down
It’s been three months and I haven’t got my money so far. What’s going on???

Track Thumbs Up/Down
I filed mines in early May 2020, and I got it direct deposited into my account back in mid May 2020.

Track Thumbs Up/Down
Yep. I filed back in February and had mine within a week via direct deposit.

This does beg the question of whether you should be expecting a tax return or whether your withholding's are jacked up.

One school of thought says that if you are getting a tax refund, you are essentially being foolish as you're giving the government an interest free loan. In my case, the extra $3k a year or so I get back as a refund could be invested, but honestly I already invest a lot each year and that wouldn't go to it.

If anything, this would probably be spent on foolishness; just being honest Laughing

Which brings me to my next point. Some people aren't very disciplined with money and, so, the tax refund acts as a sort of savings account (albeit a no interest savings account).

There is no right or wrong answer to this. Just know that there are different choices and that receiving a tax refund isn't inherently the best financial decision if you'd otherwise be able to make the excess you pay to the government each paycheck grow into something bigger.

Post Posted: 6 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down
i gotta pay taxes soon and got no money to pay taxes with so trying...
First Page 1 Last Page 

Forum Index -> All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1
Watch this topic for replies

Jump to:   

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Change Online Status: Status Update: