logo
Search
For the gym rats or occasional gym goers  
   Forum Index ->
Click the image to Enter your Rating
First Page 1 Last Page 

Post Posted: 7 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down
I have a naturally fit body, but want to tone up just a little bit, so I decided to hit the gym three days ago for a good hour. Everything was cool until I woke up the next day in utter pain. Mind you I was preparing myself for some kind of body soreness, so I did soak in the tub before bed. Here it is three days later and I feel like I got jumped. Not sure if I overworked myself, and I would love to continue going to the gym, but I don't want these problems. Whats the best solution or workout routines to avoid body aches after working out cause this shit really hurts forreal. Lol!!!

Track Thumbs Up/Down
Don’t stop working out

Track Thumbs Up/Down
Lol, that is perfectly normal, especially if you haven't worked out that way before or in awhile. After a week or so of working out consistently, your muscle soreness will decrease substantially..Smile

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

I have a naturally fit body, but want to tone up just a little bit, so I decided to hit the gym three days ago for a good hour. Everything was cool until I woke up the next day in utter pain. Mind you I was preparing myself for some kind of body soreness, so I did soak in the tub before bed. Here it is three days later and I feel like I got jumped. Not sure if I overworked myself, and I would love to continue going to the gym, but I don't want these problems. Whats the best solution or workout routines to avoid body aches after working out cause this shit really hurts forreal. Lol!!!

Thats only because you did not drink any BCAAs after the workout....branched chained amino acids....

You have to take a supplement that has both BCAA and EAA....

BCAAs are branched chained amino acids...

EAAs are Essential amino acids....

There are a total of 9....

So when you go to the store in the fitness aisle, look for a product that has all 9 amino acids.....look on the label and count how many amino acids are on the label...

If you take amino acids after a workout, you won't feel any soreness.....the soreness if from your muscles breaking down and lactic acid build up in your joints.....and amino acids will fix that.....

You gotta know what you're doing in the gym otherwise you will destroy your body and raise your cortisol levels....

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

Don’t stop working out

Yep. And if you stop now and then wait a while before going again, you'll deal with the same aching and soreness you're dealing with now. Work through the pain and your body will get used to the stress that you're putting on it and you won't have any more pain.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

If you haven't been in awhile take it slow and lift lighter. It takes about two for the pain to go totally away. Go to Youtube and checkout the Athlean series. Great info for all levels. Great job of taking your health seriously... drink plenty of water throughout the day. Get you some supplements unless you plan to do it naturally. Makes sure you do strength and cardio as well.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

7 days ago

Thats only because you did not drink any BCAAs after the workout....branched chained amino acids....

So when you go to the store in the fitness aisle, look for a product that has all 9 amino acids.....look on the label and count how many amino acids are on the label...

If you take amino acids after a workout, you won't feel any soreness.....the soreness if from your muscles breaking down and lactic acid build up in your joints.....and amino acids will fix that.....

You gotta know what you're doing in the gym otherwise you will destroy your body and raise your cortisol levels....

Great supplement advice... I buy mine on ebay which are cheaper(even name brand)... free shipping too.

Track Thumbs Up/Down
If you have room get you a portable sauna or steamer to relax the body after a workout.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

Don’t stop working out

Track Thumbs Up/Down
I bought a gym membership for my overweight boy. He overdid it over the weekend, and wanted to go to the doctor. SMH.

I need to start working out again. I might do that today. IDK?

Of course I would work out at home. I ain't paying to get sweaty and dirty by myself. NOPE! Pushups, situps, rollups, and jump on the treadmill for 1/2 hour, and um good.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

This may sound funny but try drinking a pint of chocolate milk within an hour after working out.

It has been shown to be much more effective in building muscles back/repairing them after the stress of working out than any of those expensive "supplement" drinks.

And yes, there are lactose-free variants, if you need.

But in general, you must go through the pain a bit to get the muscles acclimated to the new stresses put on them. After 2-3 times over, they will not hurt nearly as much as when you first started.

Hope this helps.

Post Posted: 6 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

Don’t stop working out

I agree.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

7 days ago

I'm going to have to try that out. I did a little research on it, so I am def going to give it a try. I think I also worked myself a little to hard for a beginner, so I'm going to find a routine that works for me, but thanks for the info

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

7 days ago

If you haven't been in awhile take it slow and lift lighter. It takes about two for the pain to go totally away. Go to Youtube and checkout the Athlean series. Great info for all levels. Great job of taking your health seriously... drink plenty of water throughout the day. Get you some supplements unless you plan to do it naturally. Makes sure you do strength and cardio as well.

Yea I think that's where I went wrong, I went a little too hard for my firs time in awhile.I don't mind supplements, but I'm really into doing things naturally, I just need to know what foods to eat and the intake. I'll definitely check that video out though

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

I bought a gym membership for my overweight boy. He overdid it over the weekend, and wanted to go to the doctor. SMH.

I need to start working out again. I might do that today. IDK?

Of course I would work out at home. I ain't paying to get sweaty and dirty by myself. NOPE! Pushups, situps, rollups, and jump on the treadmill for 1/2 hour, and um good.

Lmfao!!!! I know the feeling, that shit really does hurt, no joke. But I like the gym because of the variety of equipment they have, plus you get a little motivation seeing a little cutie up in there putting in work. Lol!!!

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

7 days ago

This may sound funny but try drinking a pint of chocolate milk within an hour after working out.

It has been shown to be much more effective in building muscles back/repairing them after the stress of working out than any of those expensive "supplement" drinks.

And yes, there are lactose-free variants, if you need.

But in general, you must go through the pain a bit to get the muscles acclimated to the new stresses put on them. After 2-3 times over, they will not hurt nearly as much as when you first started.

Hope this helps.

Lol!!! I have never heard of that, but I'll most definitely do some research on it and try it out if it sounds legit.

Track Thumbs Up/Down
Make sure you do your stretches before and after a long hard working.
But yeah.. like others have stated don't stop

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

7 days ago

6 days ago

Yea I think that's where I went wrong, I went a little too hard for my firs time in awhile.I don't mind supplements, but I'm really into doing things naturally, I just need to know what foods to eat and the intake. I'll definitely check that video out though

Looks like you're on track. Athlean has many videos... just subscribe to him and create you a library in a personal folder.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

Make sure you do your stretches before and after a long hard working.
But yeah.. like others have stated don't stop

I use to stretch, but after viewing ATHLEAN on Youtube... he said instead of stretching, start with lighter weights to warm the muscles and ease into it. Every body is different, so if stretching works for you do it. I would give both methods a try and see which one is most effective.

Track Thumbs Up/Down
that's normal. you're going to be sore for about a week or two each area you haven't worked out for a very long period of time. wait for the soreness to go away and then go right back at it and you won't experience soreness anymore.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

FIRST THING STRETCH OUT AND WARM UP SINCE YOU DONT WANT BULK LIGHT WEIGHTS WITH MORE REPS AND WORK OUT A DIFFERENT PART TILL YOUR BODY IS TRAINED AND USE TO IT PLENTY OF FLUIDS GOOD LUCK
First Page 1 Last Page 

Forum Index -> All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1
Watch this topic for replies

Jump to:   

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Change Online Status: Status Update: