logo
Search
Who is Iconic Now?  
   Forum Index ->
Click the image to Enter your Rating
First Page 1 Last Page 

Post Posted: 11 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down
I'm just wondering coz I don't keep up with music nowadays. Me and my sister were talking about this and how times really have changed. You would rarely see music icons on TV except in videos and even before they became icons they were a big deal. People would see Michael Jackson, didn't even have to perform, he just had to be seen and people would fall the fu.. out. Same for Whitney, Tina Turner, Luther etc. People would know all of Biggie's songs by heart and they would live on it. Same for Tupac, same for Nas, same for KRS One, even up to Missy Elliot who was like a pioneer. When you went to their shows it was like you were going to meet God. Freestyling was like a skill and these folks could basically do a whole album on a radio show right off the top of their head to a beat they never heard before. I'm not saying everybody was as good as all this but you had people you could call icons, people that represented the pinnacle of their art form and really seemed like something more than human. Where is this now?

Track Thumbs Up/Down
I am sorry to inform you, but James Brown is dead, sir.

Track Thumbs Up/Down
Good music died after the early 2000's I have resurrected some it from the dead by downloading off of youtube. These days the radio is on just to drown out background noise or to keep me from falling asleep while driving.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

11 days ago

I am a huge James Brown fan..I'm gonna do a thread on the Godfather of Soul

Track Thumbs Up/Down
I'm strictly old school and rarely listen to today's music. Garbage sells, so people don't feel the need to separate themselves from the pack.In the past we had a song for every mood you were and it uplift you. None of this kill kill or degrading a woman. James Brown said I'm black and proud... say it loud.Eddie Kendrick said Tell Her Love Has Found The Need.

Aretha Said Give Him Something He Can Feel. Surface said Shower Me With Your Love. Stephanie Mills knew The Power Of Love. Gladys Knight asked you Save The Overtime For Me. Millie Jackson Hurt So Good. Chaka Chan asked Do You Love What you Feel.Smokey Robinson had a Quiet Storm.Teddy Pendergrass ask you to Come and Go With Me.I could go on and on. New Yorkers do any of you remember the Apollo booed LUTHER off the stage several times be fore he became an ICON.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

11 days ago

11 days ago

I am a huge James Brown fan..I'm gonna do a thread on the Godfather of Soul

Mr. Brown was the man!!!

Track Thumbs Up/Down
For real? I'm asking coz I genuinely don't know. Is there really nobody?

Track Thumbs Up/Down

11 days ago

I'm strictly old school and rarely listen to today's music. Garbage sells, so people don't feel the need to separate themselves from the pack.In the past we had a song for every mood you were and it uplift you. None of this kill kill or degrading a woman. James Brown said I'm black and proud... say it loud.Eddie Kendrick said Tell Her Love Has Found The Need.

Aretha Said Give Him Something He Can Feel. Surface said Shower Me With Your Love. Stephanie Mills knew The Power Of Love. Gladys Knight asked you Save The Overtime For Me. Millie Jackson Hurt So Good. Chaka Chan asked Do You Love What you Feel.Smokey Robinson had a Quiet Storm.Teddy Pendergrass ask you to Come and Go With Me.I could go on and on. New Yorkers do any of you remember the Apollo booed LUTHER off the stage several times be fore he became an ICON.

There's gotta be somebody out there. I'm being optimistic because I refuse to believe they not making icons no more.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

11 days ago

Good music died after the early 2000's I have resurrected some it from the dead by downloading off of youtube. These days the radio is on just to drown out background noise or to keep me from falling asleep while driving.

It used to be the same thing but people were more private so I think they were more likely to do a radio interview than a reality show.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

11 days ago

11 days ago

There's gotta be somebody out there. I'm being optimistic because I refuse to believe they not making icons no more.

I really can't answer that because I rarely listen to anyone today unless the can sing or play instruments or read music ect.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

11 days ago

I'm just wondering coz I don't keep up with music nowadays. Me and my sister were talking about this and how times really have changed. You would rarely see music icons on TV except in videos and even before they became icons they were a big deal. People would see Michael Jackson, didn't even have to perform, he just had to be seen and people would fall the fu.. out. Same for Whitney, Tina Turner, Luther etc. People would know all of Biggie's songs by heart and they would live on it. Same for Tupac, same for Nas, same for KRS One, even up to Missy Elliot who was like a pioneer. When you went to their shows it was like you were going to meet God. Freestyling was like a skill and these folks could basically do a whole album on a radio show right off the top of their head to a beat they never heard before. I'm not saying everybody was as good as all this but you had people you could call icons, people that represented the pinnacle of their art form and really seemed like something more than human. Where is this now?

Well I think for the new batch of girls in the game...ARIANA GRANDE is clearly incharge...she's this generation's #1....Ariana is carrying the crown....She's the undisputed Queen of Pop for this generation but I feel like people don't want to agree with that status because she's soo young.....but when it comes to pop and top 40 radio, ARIANA is the one....She's right behind Rihanna and Taylor swift....

Rap females....After Nicki, Cardi is next in command.....I personally don't care for Cardi but this generation sees her as that bitch....they said Meghan could replace cardi but I don't think so....Cardi's movement is much stronger....

Rap males.....Drake held that icon for a long time...Drake lowkey took the crown from JayZ.....and after Drake, I think it will be a clash between Dababy and Lil Baby since Tekashi69 is in prison....but if 69 manages to get released, the rap game will belong to him if he keeps the momentum he had before the court cases.....but I would say Tekashi69 has the resume to be the next rap icon after Drake.....

R&B females....now this position is very tough to fill because BEYONCE has made it damn near impossible to compare anyone else to her....but I firmly believe that if NORMANI lined her ducks in order and worked her ass off with some vocal training, she can rise.....Now ofcourse, she won't come close to being another Beyonce but she could fill those shoes.....I don't think this generation has an icon for their generation when it comes to R&B yet but I think Normani could be the one if she's tough and fierce enough.....cuz it went from Tina Turner to Diana Ross to Beyonce...so the bar is really high.....whomever fills that position has a lot of prove and a lot of work to do.....but I would nominate NORMANI....Normani has a lot of work on her shoulders.....poor girl.... Laughing

R&B males....it took a while but I think Chris Brown has this on lock for this generation.....it went from R.Kelly to Usher....and Chris Brown slid in out of nowhere and has remained very consistent with hit after hit after hit for years now.....His live performances still lack luster but Chris Brown is clearly incharge and lowkey a Mini-Icon...almost there but not yet....

Pop males....Justin Timberlake fell off and this position has been left unfilled for many years now....Bruno Mars tried to fill it....Jason Derulo tried to fill it....Shawn Mendes tried to fill it...Juit...Bieber tried to fill it.....it's a tough position to fill....Micheal Jackson had it....then Prince snatched it...then Justin Timberlake held it for many years...and now it seems like nobody can hold on to the crown.....but I think Adam Levine from Maroon 5 has half of that crown....for this generation, I think Maroon 5 is carrying the torch but the position is still not filled.....

LGBT music icons....Madonna had it....the Gaga held it for many years.....but Gaga was my/our generation.....I haven't seen anyone from this generation measure up to Madonna and Gaga...that position is still unfilled....Miley Cyrus is really trying but it's not working honey Laughing

Soo many icon jobs but this generation just can't seem to filled applicants to fill these positions...this generation has a shortage of icons and we'll have to give it another 10 years to see what will happen.....

Track Thumbs Up/Down

11 days ago

11 days ago

Well I think for the new batch of girls in the game...ARIANA GRANDE is clearly incharge...she's this generation's #1....Ariana is carrying the crown....She's the undisputed Queen of Pop for this generation but I feel like people don't want to agree with that status because she's soo young.....but when it comes to pop and top 40 radio, ARIANA is the one....She's right behind Rihanna and Taylor swift....

Rap females....After Nicki, Cardi is next in command.....I personally don't care for Cardi but this generation sees her as that bitch....they said Meghan could replace cardi but I don't think so....Cardi's movement is much stronger....

Rap males.....Drake held that icon for a long time...Drake lowkey took the crown from JayZ.....and after Drake, I think it will be a clash between Dababy and Lil Baby since Tekashi69 is in prison....but if 69 manages to get released, the rap game will belong to him if he keeps the momentum he had before the court cases.....but I would say Tekashi69 has the resume to be the next rap icon after Drake.....

R&B females....now this position is very tough to fill because BEYONCE has made it damn near impossible to compare anyone else to her....but I firmly believe that if NORMANI lined her ducks in order and worked her ass off with some vocal training, she can rise.....Now ofcourse, she won't come close to being another Beyonce but she could fill those shoes.....I don't think this generation has an icon for their generation when it comes to R&B yet but I think Normani could be the one if she's tough and fierce enough.....cuz it went from Tina Turner to Diana Ross to Beyonce...so the bar is really high.....whomever fills that position has a lot of prove and a lot of work to do.....but I would nominate NORMANI....Normani has a lot of work on her shoulders.....poor girl.... Laughing

R&B males....it took a while but I think Chris Brown has this on lock for this generation.....it went from R.Kelly to Usher....and Chris Brown slid in out of nowhere and has remained very consistent with hit after hit after hit for years now.....His live performances still lack luster but Chris Brown is clearly incharge and lowkey a Mini-Icon...almost there but not yet....

Pop males....Justin Timberlake fell off and this position has been left unfilled for many years now....Bruno Mars tried to fill it....Jason Derulo tried to fill it....Shawn Mendes tried to fill it...Juit...Bieber tried to fill it.....it's a tough position to fill....Micheal Jackson had it....then Prince snatched it...then Justin Timberlake held it for many years...and now it seems like nobody can hold on to the crown.....but I think Adam Levine from Maroon 5 has half of that crown....for this generation, I think Maroon 5 is carrying the torch but the position is still not filled.....

LGBT music icons....Madonna had it....the Gaga held it for many years.....but Gaga was my/our generation.....I haven't seen anyone from this generation measure up to Madonna and Gaga...that position is still unfilled....Miley Cyrus is really trying but it's not working honey Laughing

Soo many icon jobs but this generation just can't seem to filled applicants to fill these positions...this generation has a shortage of icons and we'll have to give it another 10 years to see what will happen.....

Tekashi69 gunna have to go into witness protection, or be killed.

Post Posted: 10 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down

11 days ago

11 days ago

Glad to hear there is some hope. I was a bit surprised by Drake though. Didn't know he was that good
First Page 1 Last Page 

Forum Index -> All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1
Watch this topic for replies

Jump to:   

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Change Online Status: Status Update: