logo
Search
Whitney Houston's Longtime Friend Robyn Crawford Says......  
   Forum Index ->
Click the image to Enter your Rating
First Page 1 Last Page 

Post Posted: 15 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down
Whitney Houston's Longtime Friend Robyn Crawford Says They Had a Physical Relationship
Entertainment Tonight
Rachel McRady‍
Entertainment TonightNovember 6, 2019
Whitney Houston's Longtime Friend Robyn Crawford Says They Had a Physical Relationship
This is Crawford's first time speaking out about the longtime rumors.
More
New details about the rumored relationship between the late Whitney Houston and her longtime friend, Robyn Crawford, are coming to light in Crawford's new memoir, A Song For You: My Life With Whitney Houston.

In excerpts from her book released by People magazine, Crawford opens up about her relationship with the late singer, saying they were romantic partners in the early '80s -- an admission she's making for the first time.

"We wanted to be together, and that meant just us," Crawford writes in the book.

She later adds that it was Houston who ended the physical part of their relationship in 1982.

"She said we shouldn't be physical anymore, because it would make our journey even more difficult," Crawford says, adding that Houston gifted her with a Bible when she told her this. "She said if people find out about us, they would use this against us, and back in the '80s that's how it felt."

Crawford adds that Houston's mother, Cissy Houston, was against their bond, claiming, "Whitney told me her mother said it wasn't natural for two women to be that close, but we were that close."

She also notes they "never talked about labels," but writes, “Whitney knows I loved her and I know she loved me. We really meant everything to each other. We vowed to stand by each other.”

Though this is Crawford's first time speaking out about the rumored romance, she's not the only person in Houston's life to comment.

Houston's ex-husband, Bobby Brown, also claimed the singer had a same-sex relationship with Crawford in his 2016 memoir, Every Little Step: My Story.

"I really feel that if Robyn was accepted into Whitney's life, Whitney would still be alive today," he told Us Weekly at the time. "She didn't have close friends with her anymore."

In a 2013 episode of Oprah's Next Chapter, Whitney's mother Cissy said she "absolutely" would have had a problem with her daughter being gay.

The potential romance was also depicted in the 2015 Lifetime original movie Whitney. At the time, director Angela Bassett opened up about the rumors between Houston and Crawford.

"I can’t tell you," Bassett said at the time. "There always has been [rumors] and they still persist and I don’t know. But, there was always the speculation, so my thing was, let it remain. But it'd be however the audience sees it. If they read into it, that's what they read into [regarding] their life – two women who are close and love each other and support one another."

ET has reached out to reps for Cissy Houston and Bobby Brown for comment on Crawford's memoir.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/whitney-houston-apos-longtime-friend-151355412.html

Track Thumbs Up/Down
Poor Whitney, she was not able to be herself due to her mom and career

Track Thumbs Up/Down
What?! Whitney was a lesbo?! Who knew?

Track Thumbs Up/Down

15 days ago

Entertainment Tonight
Rachel McRady‍
More
New details about the rumored relationship between the late Whitney Houston and her longtime friend, Robyn Crawford, are coming to light in Crawford's new memoir, A Song For You: My Life With Whitney Houston.

In excerpts from her book released by People magazine, Crawford opens up about her relationship with the late singer, saying they were romantic partners in the early '80s -- an admission she's making for the first time.

"We wanted to be together, and that meant just us," Crawford writes in the book.

She later adds that it was Houston who ended the physical part of their relationship in 1982.

"She said we shouldn't be physical anymore, because it would make our journey even more difficult," Crawford says, adding that Houston gifted her with a Bible when she told her this. "She said if people find out about us, they would use this against us, and back in the '80s that's how it felt."

Crawford adds that Houston's mother, Cissy Houston, was against their bond, claiming, "Whitney told me her mother said it wasn't natural for two women to be that close, but we were that close."

She also notes they "never talked about labels," but writes, “Whitney knows I loved her and I know she loved me. We really meant everything to each other. We vowed to stand by each other.”

Though this is Crawford's first time speaking out about the rumored romance, she's not the only person in Houston's life to comment.

Houston's ex-husband, Bobby Brown, also claimed the singer had a same-sex relationship with Crawford in his 2016 memoir, Every Little Step: My Story.

"I really feel that if Robyn was accepted into Whitney's life, Whitney would still be alive today," he told Us Weekly at the time. "She didn't have close friends with her anymore."

In a 2013 episode of Oprah's Next Chapter, Whitney's mother Cissy said she "absolutely" would have had a problem with her daughter being gay.

The potential romance was also depicted in the 2015 Lifetime original movie Whitney. At the time, director Angela Bassett opened up about the rumors between Houston and Crawford.

"I can’t tell you," Bassett said at the time. "There always has been [rumors] and they still persist and I don’t know. But, there was always the speculation, so my thing was, let it remain. But it'd be however the audience sees it. If they read into it, that's what they read into [regarding] their life – two women who are close and love each other and support one another."

ET has reached out to reps for Cissy Houston and Bobby Brown for comment on Crawford's memoir.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/whitney-houston-apos-longtime-friend-151355412.html

Both you and my mom are late when it comes to this news That news came out when W.H. was still alive. Plus it was confirmed when Robyn's book was first being talked about.

Track Thumbs Up/Down
There had been speculation of Ms. Whitney's sexuality. Ms. Cissy expressed on Ms. Oprah's Next Chapter that she wouldn't have accepted the thought of Whitney being a lesbian, which has a lot to do with her religious beliefs. That's normally a very sensitive topic for most black mothers to accept.

I can't wait to get my copy, because I would like to read Robyn's take on their relationship. Ms. Cissy book was very beautifully written. I'm sure this will be a very deeply heartfelt read.

Robyn truly had "Nippy's" back. I don't think she'll demean her memory for the sake of revenue, unlike the rest of Ms. Whitney's family members.

Track Thumbs Up/Down
This is interesting but I don't like this trend of digging up stuff from 40 years ago and after the person has died. It may sell books and get you some relevance but it's not very convincing.

Track Thumbs Up/Down
I womder why she speaking now...

Track Thumbs Up/Down

15 days ago

Entertainment Tonight
Rachel McRady‍
More

THIS WOMAN PROBABLY DONE BEEN DUMPED BY A FORMER LESBIAN LOVER VERY RECENTLY SO NOW SHE HAS THE NERVE TO SPEAK TERRIBLY ABOUT A DEAD DIVA WHO CANT DEFEND HERSELF. SHE HAS SOME NERVE. NOW SHE WANTS MONEY BECAUSE THEY OTHER WOMAN SHE HAD BEEN INVOLVED WITH PROBABLY TOOK EVERYTHING SHE HAD AND SHE NEED A QUICK FINANCIAL MAKEOVER. DIDNT HAVE TO BRING WHITNEY INTO HER FUCKED UP FINANCIAL AND PERSONAL STRUGGLES ESPECIALLY WHEN SHE CANT VERBALLY DEFEND HERSELF OR SUPPORT THE RUMORS.

IM SURE WHITNEY DID EXPLORE BUT WHAT FAMOUS ARTIST FROM THE 1980s all the way up to the CURRENT 21st CENTURY ARTIST HAVENT OR DIDN'T.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

15 days ago

This is interesting but I don't like this trend of digging up stuff from 40 years ago and after the person has died. It may sell books and get you some relevance but it's not very convincing.

I have the same view on this as you do. People always have some type of agenda. They just can't leave the dead alone.

Post Posted: 14 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down

15 days ago

I womder why she speaking now...

She deserves to tell her story

Post Posted: 14 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down

15 days ago

This was needed because the media and other folks keep speaking on Robyn and her friendship with Whitney for years, and some of her family spoke badly on her in the Whitney documentary.

Post Posted: 13 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down

15 days ago

14 days ago

This was needed because the media and other folks keep speaking on Robyn and her friendship with Whitney for years, and some of her family spoke badly on her in the Whitney documentary.

So she's getting back at them by outing Whitney and selling the story? Why is this necessary?
First Page 1 Last Page 

Forum Index -> All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1
Watch this topic for replies

Jump to:   

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Change Online Status: Status Update: