logo
Search
I made an Asian friend...is this a sign of things to come?  
   Forum Index -> General Discussions
Click the image to Enter your Rating
First Page 1 Last Page 

Post Posted: 7 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down
It obviously must be a sign of things to come. For the longest time, I thought I'd only be making Black friends because Black people were the only ones that had the potential to develop political stances complementary to my own.

I met an East Asian woman a couple of years ago though and recently we've been really building friendship and community together. One of the first things I said to her was that Black Nationalism/Black Liberation/Separatism were areas of great interest to me problematic. I let them know that I think the PoC identifier is trash that allows for those who exist under its umbrella to sidestep conversations on antiBlackness. Typically that's enough to let nonBlacks and their pet negroes to avoid me. She actually respected my political foundation and still pursued an attempt to develop a relationship. She even confided in my before anyone else when she experienced a loss.

We will literally talk about random things for hours on the phone. I honestly never saw myself building a meaningful friendship with nonBlacks before.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

It obviously must be a sign of things to come. For the longest time, I thought I'd only be making Black friends because Black people were the only ones that had the potential to develop political stances complementary to my own.

I met an East Asian woman a couple of years ago though and recently we've been really building friendship and community together. One of the first things I said to her was that Black Nationalism/Black Liberation/Separatism were areas of great interest to me problematic. I let them know that I think the PoC identifier is trash that allows for those who exist under its umbrella to sidestep conversations on antiBlackness. Typically that's enough to let nonBlacks and their pet negroes to avoid me. She actually respected my political foundation and still pursued an attempt to develop a relationship. She even confided in my before anyone else when she experienced a loss.

We will literally talk about random things for hours on the phone. I honestly never saw myself building a meaningful friendship with nonBlacks before.

See. Not everyone is put off by those who thinks and acts different from themselves. Good for you! You are growing, and I hope that you grow so much that you'll have friends from every ethnic background who allows you to still embrace your black pride.

Track Thumbs Up/Down
You have 1 thumbs up now.

Track Thumbs Up/Down
good. there are good people in every race. and as humans, we have a lot more in common than we have differences.

Track Thumbs Up/Down
Yep, one of my best friends at my old job, was the school nurse. She was Asian. Her son was in one of my science classes. A really smart kid, but never did his homework, but got high scores on all the labs, and tests. He and his lab partner, a pretty blond Dutch boy, the son of another staff member, did nothing but laugh and joke in class, were the two smartest kids in their class. I had to readjust the class grading category weights to get them the grades they deserved. They would have gotten A's had it been a college class, but in high school, homework is usually a big chunk of the grade.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

Why are you acting like that? This is how you and me first started hating each other. Why do you feel the need to intentionally pick on people? Those faces aren't the best expressions for his wonderful news. Please, show sone respect for his social growth. Or, just choose not to post anything. This isn't a new feud. I love you now (another way of saying: I like you more than I hate you), but we're still in our honeymoon stage, so my love for you doesn't make me blind to the wrong that you do to others.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

7 days ago

Why are you acting like that? This is how you and me first started hating each other. Why do you feel the need to intentionally pick on people? Those faces aren't the best expressions for his wonderful news. Please, show sone respect for his social growth. Or, just choose not to post anything. This isn't a new feud. I love you now (another way of saying: I like you more than I hate you), but we're still in our honeymoon stage, so my love for you doesn't make me blind to the wrong that you do to others.

YOU need to STFU!

Track Thumbs Up/Down
She needs a green card. Neutral

Track Thumbs Up/Down
My baby made a friend at school today. OMG. I am so proud of you. Let me call my friends to tell them this good news. Your grandparents will take you out for ice cream this weekend when they hear this.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

Wait...what?

You made a thread cause you talked to a person of a different race?

NIGGAH PUHLEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

YOU AINT SHIT FOR THIS THREAD!

FOH!!!

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

7 days ago

Wait...what?

You made a thread cause you talked to a person of a different race?

NIGGAH PUHLEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

YOU AINT SHIT FOR THIS THREAD!

FOH!!!

I talk to people of other races all the time clown. I do typically make sure that they know we won't be friends though. This is literally my only nonBlack friend.

Post Posted: 6 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

How could we ever be on the same page!

Post Posted: 6 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down
We black out here! We can't come out and do XYZ lel
First Page 1 Last Page 

Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1
Watch this topic for replies

Jump to: