logo
Search
What a shot! What a game, not of Thrones tho!  
   Forum Index ->
Click the image to Enter your Rating
First Page 1 Last Page 

Post Posted: 9 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down

Track Thumbs Up/Down
I would do the two guys squatting down.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

See, that's the shit that happens when you grow up speaking French. Once you do this, your adversaries always feel more at ease (when they have to face you.) Hence, the Germans ran right over the French, so fkn easily. Crying should only be allowed when you win.....Only.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

9 days ago

I would do the two guys squatting down.

^^^ What he said....

Track Thumbs Up/Down
Why was he crying?

Track Thumbs Up/Down

9 days ago

Why was he crying?

The agony of defeat.

Post Posted: 8 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down

9 days ago

Why was he crying?

9 days ago

The agony of defeat.

Which is gunna be every team, but one.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

9 days ago

Why was he crying?

9 days ago

The agony of defeat.

8 days ago

In sports we view things as megalomaniacs do. If you don't win the championship, your team is a loser. You failed. Second place is the best failure.

And that's the most simplistic, least complicated, and least convoluted way of seeing things in sports.

And that's what makes losing so heart aching.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

9 days ago

Why was he crying?

9 days ago

The agony of defeat.

8 days ago

8 days ago

In sports we view things as megalomaniacs do. If you don't win the championship, your team is a loser. You failed. Second place is the best failure.

And that's the most simplistic, least complicated, and least convoluted way of seeing things in sports.

Well, win you win your division 6 years in a row, then, finally make it to the world series 2 years in a row, and lose both times, then, you have to admit the Los Angeles Dodgers are losers, right?

Honestly, I don't understand the crying though. I understand anger and shame. I actually understand the crying when players finally get to what they've been working for. Idk, I guess I don't associate anger/ shame with crying. I've seen college basketball players do it during the ncaa tournament, but I guess I can understand Seniors doing it, because they will never get another chance. Embiid will get plenty other chances. He needs to work harder. Get every flu shot that he can possibly get (cuz his ass getting weak from flu hurt this team, a lot.) His dumb ass needs to talk much less trash, too. Don't fuel the opposition anymore than they would be fueled.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

9 days ago

Why was he crying?

9 days ago

The agony of defeat.

lol

Track Thumbs Up/Down

9 days ago

Why was he crying?

9 days ago

The agony of defeat.

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

Well, win you win your division 6 years in a row, then, finally make it to the world series 2 years in a row, and lose both times, then, you have to admit the Los Angeles Dodgers are losers, right?

Honestly, I don't understand the crying though. I understand anger and shame. I actually understand the crying when players finally get to what they've been working for. Idk, I guess I don't associate anger/ shame with crying. I've seen college basketball players do it during the ncaa tournament, but I guess I can understand Seniors doing it, because they will never get another chance. Embiid will get plenty other chances. He needs to work harder. Get every flu shot that he can possibly get (cuz his ass getting weak from flu hurt this team, a lot.) His dumb ass needs to talk much less trash, too. Don't fuel the opposition anymore than they would be fueled.

Code:
His dumb ass needs to talk much less trash, too. Don't fuel the opposition anymore than they would be fueled.

I never believed in "bulletin board material" as an extra incentive.

Yes it makes for great post-game or post-series dialogue. But that would seem foolish for the opposing team to admit, that motivated them to play better. So if a player didn't run his mouth, you wouldn't have "extra effort" to do what is required of you to help the team win?

Be honest it's like saying, it put u in position to give 100% effort or 110%, I would have only 65% effort if I didn't hear his motivational trash talk.

I would actually hate to hear something like that as coach or fan. I want my players to be doing that without trash talk.

Let's face it, if a player runs his mouth & they back it up on the field. Will the opposing team admit that it gave them extra incentive to win, but they lost because they were out executed by the player who ran his mouth, and backed it up?

Track Thumbs Up/Down

9 days ago

Why was he crying?

9 days ago

The agony of defeat.

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

Code:
His dumb ass needs to talk much less trash, too. Don't fuel the opposition anymore than they would be fueled.

Yes it makes for great post-game or post-series dialogue. But that would seem foolish for the opposing team to admit, that motivated them to play better. So if a player didn't run his mouth, you wouldn't have "extra effort" to do what is required of you to help the team win?

Be honest it's like saying, it put u in position to give 100% effort or 110%, I would have only 65% effort if I didn't hear his motivational trash talk.

I would actually hate to hear something like that as coach or fan. I want my players to be doing that without trash talk.

Let's face it, if a player runs his mouth & they back it up on the field. Will the opposing team admit that it gave them extra incentive to win, but they lost because they were out executed by the player who ran his mouth, and backed it up?
Did you think Tommy Lasorda got 2 world championships and a total of 4 world series appearances by being a good strategist, or had really good teams? He used everything that other people said about his team.

He was a master motivator, and, yes, he mainly used other teams comments, sports writers comments, etc. The '88 Dodgers didn't have the talent on paper to beat the Mets, or the A's. You know that....I actually think that's what's mainly missing from this Dodgers team. Yes, when you have 2 talented teams, the manager who can get his team to perform to their full potential is gunna be the winner. No, in game 4 of the World Series, not one of those Dodger relief pitchers performed to their ability. If they had a common belief that they were doing it for a mission totally outside of themselves would they have performed to their ability? Maybe. The Astros thought they had to win it to give the people of Houston a lift after the hurricane devasted the city. I know the Redsox were driven by their visit to Puerto Rico before the season started in 2018. So, in baseball, yes, motivational stuff works. Again, that's what's missing with the Dodgers. Dave Roberts is not a master motivator.

I know exactly what you're saying, but there is a difference between regular full effort and effort that comes from adrenaline. Dude, do you think David Price wn a World Series for himself? Right away, he said he did it to shut someone else up. Yes, I think , for sure, teams that are about equal to their opponents shouldn't talk trash. Unless Philly is better (markedly better) I do think it's a disadvantage to talk trash. Being confident in your body language is a different thing. The Houston Astros have mastered that. It's not the sane as trash talk though. It's actually more intimidating. Some things work, and some things don't. Direct trash talk will energize an opponent. Confident body language does not.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

9 days ago

Why was he crying?

9 days ago

The agony of defeat.

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

Code:

You do know that Bellichek had all sorts of quotes from various sources up on the board all week before that super bowl. All quotes about how the New England defense wasn't that good anymore. Well, they gave up what? 3 points? They were in the backfield rushing Goff all night. Don't be fooled Bellichek is a master motivator. It's not all x's and o's. That defense was totally energized that night.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

9 days ago

Why was he crying?

9 days ago

The agony of defeat.

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

Code:

"Be honest it's like saying, it put u in position to give 100% effort or 110%, I would have only 65% effort if I didn't hear his motivational trash talk."

Wouldn't you agree that a player known as Mr. Kyrie Irving is totally dependent on whether he can find a cause outside of himself? That player is not consistent in effort. When he was with the Cavs, he had that one stretch of 3 games where he found it, but it was probably caused by something Dravon Green, and/ or Lebron said. Something got him going.

Post Posted: 7 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down

9 days ago

Why was he crying?

9 days ago

The agony of defeat.

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

Code:

BTW, tell me (before checking the score) why the have starting in 10 minutes has the Dodgers at -150? They have to face a wicked starting pitcher with an e.r.a. of 1.55. Yes, Kershaw is pitching, but he usually gives up 2 or 3 runs, and then, leaves in the 6th, or 7th (in the hands of a shaky bull pen.) Who takes -150 on that?

Track Thumbs Up/Down

9 days ago

Why was he crying?

9 days ago

The agony of defeat.

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

Code:

7 days ago

BTW, tell me (before checking the score) why the have starting in 10 minutes has the Dodgers at -150? They have to face a wicked starting pitcher with an e.r.a. of 1.55. Yes, Kershaw is pitching, but he usually gives up 2 or 3 runs, and then, leaves in the 6th, or 7th (in the hands of a shaky bull pen.) Who takes -150 on that?

There are a lot of sucker bettors.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

9 days ago

Why was he crying?

9 days ago

The agony of defeat.

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

Code:

7 days ago

7 days ago

Lucky for those suckers, this pitcher for the Padres was missing location by a lot.
Kershaw gave up 3 runs (like I said he'd probably do.)

https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/video/joc-pederson-homers-13-on-a-line-drive-to-center-field-austin-barnes-scores?t=t119-default-vtp

https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/video/cody-bellinger-homers-15-on-a-fly-ball-to-center-field-max-muncy-scores?t=t119-default-vtp

This pitcher has not been missing location like that. I was surprised. If he'd of pitched the way he's been pitching up 'til now, the Dodgers wouldn't of won. They'd of lost 3-1, 4-2 etc. He had only given up 8 runs all season. Tonite, he gave up 6 runs.

Chris Paddack: "It'll be fun to watch my next start. That's all I gotta say."

Track Thumbs Up/Down

9 days ago

Why was he crying?

9 days ago

The agony of defeat.

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

Code:

7 days ago

7 days ago

When you quote me, it brings in the black maggots. Trust n' believe. Like roaches love them some piss.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

9 days ago

Why was he crying?

9 days ago

The agony of defeat.

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

Code:

7 days ago

7 days ago

Ignore that.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

9 days ago

Why was he crying?

9 days ago

The agony of defeat.

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

Code:

7 days ago

7 days ago

7 days ago

Lucky for those suckers, this pitcher for the Padres was missing location by a lot.

https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/video/joc-pederson-homers-13-on-a-line-drive-to-center-field-austin-barnes-scores?t=t119-default-vtp

https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/video/cody-bellinger-homers-15-on-a-fly-ball-to-center-field-max-muncy-scores?t=t119-default-vtp

This pitcher has not been missing location like that. I was surprised. If he'd of pitched the way he's been pitching up 'til now, the Dodgers wouldn't of won. They'd of lost 3-1, 4-2 etc. He had only given up 8 runs all season. Tonite, he gave up 6 runs.

I actually bet the dodgers last nite, and moved the line to 2.5 runs. But the rest of my parlay lost, which was hindered anyways because the yankees rained out, & I knew they would, that happened to the Mets the nite before with Noah the Sinner pitching. Damn rain is costing me money.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

9 days ago

Why was he crying?

9 days ago

The agony of defeat.

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

Code:

7 days ago

7 days ago

7 days ago

7 days ago

I actually bet the dodgers last nite, and moved the line to 2.5 runs. But the rest of my parlay lost, which was hindered anyways because the yankees rained out, & I knew they would, that happened to the Mets the nite before with Noah the Sinner pitching. Damn rain is costing me money.

They have -150 for the Dodgers, again, and it's with the very unreliable Maeda starting. I really would make that a toss up game. The Padres need to win it a lot more than the Dodgers, and Maeda tends to give it up early in those situations. Seriously, if anyone says they know what Kenta Maeda is gunna do when he goes to the mound, they are lying. I'm not saying the Dodgers can't win. I am saying the -150 is so steep. The Padres starter is a lefty, and the Dodgers certainly don't prefer facing that.

Post Posted: 6 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down

9 days ago

Why was he crying?

9 days ago

The agony of defeat.

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

Code:

7 days ago

7 days ago

7 days ago

7 days ago

https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/video/maeda-k-s-12-picks-up-2-rbis

Best he's ever pitched.

Why is he suddenly pitching well?

To be honest, our Korean Starting pitcher (Ryu) has been flirting with getting a no hitter. I think Maeda (Japanese) is suddenly pitching well because he wants to match the Korean. Those 2 countries are competitive like that. I mean, I don't think it's just a coincidence that Ryu's last 2 starts (the best he's ever pitched) have each been followed up by Maeda pitching the best he's ever pitched.

Post Posted: 5 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down

9 days ago

Why was he crying?

9 days ago

The agony of defeat.

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

8 days ago

Code:

Now, Hill pitched well, tonite against Cincy. 6 innings, 10 strike outs, 2 hits. I will stop there, because we all know he's a little bitch made, and can tire quickly. It's still much better than he's pitched since being off the DL. Kershaw has pitched decently (or great) ever since he came off the DL. Buehler started out slow (coming off the DL,) and has been lights out threw 6 innings (7 gets a little hairy with this youngster.) Ryu was so-so until the Tuesday before last. He flirted with a no-hitter, and pitched a complete-game shut out. . Then, last Sunday, he took a no -hitter into the 8th inning, and Dodger Killer Parra broke it up. Maeda seemed to take Ryu's great pitching as a personal challenge, ans has now pitched 2 great games in a row. So, that , for this one precious moment in time, has all 5 Dodger Starting pitchers performing very well. Granted, it hasn't been against the Cubs, Cards, Astros, or Redsox. My question to you is how much of this is due to success begets success. You tend to prefer to think that players perform within a vacuum, and success of other teammates shouldn't matter. I wish it was like that. I know my team is not like that, at all. Are you saying, with a good manager, performance of players will be less dependent on factors like how well other pitchers are doing? You saw in game 4 of the World Series how this team's pitchers don't work that way. They should, but they don't.
First Page 1 Last Page 

Forum Index -> All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1
Watch this topic for replies

Jump to:   

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Change Online Status: Status Update: