logo
Search
When You're Asian But Want A Black Hair Cut...  
   Forum Index ->
Click the image to Enter your Rating
First Page 1 2 Last Page 

Post Posted: 12 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down
Dear Diary,

I think it looks good. I don't really have a problem with "cultural appropriation" so long as it's not done in a disrespectful way. I think it's okay to appreciate another culture's beauty without disrespecting it. What do ya'll think?

Track Thumbs Up/Down
I'll give it up to that stylist. He's a beast..Smile

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

Dear Diary,

I think it looks good. I don't really have a problem with "cultural appropriation" so long as it's not done in a disrespectful way. I think it's okay to appreciate another culture's beauty without disrespecting it. What do ya'll think?

I never knew
It
was a cultural
Its just a hair cut
White dudes are locking they hair
I don't see nothing wrong here

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

I'll give it up to that stylist. He's a beast..Smile

Yeah I think it looks good

Track Thumbs Up/Down
. . .
. ..

. . . . . . . i feel like every blck homo should go get an Asian BF....

Track Thumbs Up/Down
Some peeps can enjoy real natural beauty while those that have it run and buy kits to go straight!! They will paint themselves dark next while you darikies buy up all the skin lightening gels

Post Posted: 11 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down
Lol....isn't this cultural appropriation?.... Laughing

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

. . .
. ..

You would lol
I dated an asian girl but never a guy.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

. . .
. ..

11 days ago

You would lol

. . .
. .

. .. . They. Will. Treat. You. Right.

Track Thumbs Up/Down
I think this actually looks good.

The stylist has some real skills.

And if this Asian guy wants to do this with his hair, why not?

I have seen much more extreme things done with hair in NYC over the years.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

I'm torn on the connotation. Aren't we suppose to want diversity to accept our customs within our community?

I guess this stems from who created "Rock N' Roll" dilemma.

My feelings on cultural appropriations is, I'm for it. It's fair to acknowledge the stigma once associated with it, if it becomes a pillar of a diverse society.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

Dear Diary,

12 days ago

I never knew
It
was a cultural
Its just a hair cut
White dudes are locking they hair
I don't see nothing wrong here

Alot of people have issues with other races changing their bodies to appear more "black"

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

Some peeps can enjoy real natural beauty while those that have it run and buy kits to go straight!! They will paint themselves dark next while you darikies buy up all the skin lightening gels

Nowadays nothing is natural, so who cares.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

I think this actually looks good.

The stylist has some real skills.

And if this Asian guy wants to do this with his hair, why not?

I have seen much more extreme things done with hair in NYC over the years.

Agreed

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

11 days ago

GUILTY. Lock him up

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

11 days ago

Are you trying to defend all you nigroes wasting all your hard earned money or sex changes and pills to make you sound and feel female?

Post Posted: 10 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

11 days ago

11 days ago

Are you trying to defend all you nigroes wasting all your hard earned money or sex changes and pills to make you sound and feel female?

Negro what?! lol

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

. . .
. ..

11 days ago

You would lol

11 days ago

. . .
. .

. .. . They. Will. Treat. You. Right.

We'll see

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

11 days ago

I'm torn on the connotation. Aren't we suppose to want diversity to accept our customs within our community?

I guess this stems from who created "Rock N' Roll" dilemma.

My feelings on cultural appropriations is, I'm for it. It's fair to acknowledge the stigma once associated with it, if it becomes a pillar of a diverse society.

I'm not against cultural appropriation but I also feel that it should ALWAYS be done with assistance from a member of the culture you are appropriating....and what I mean by that is....He could have gone to a black barber for a black hairstyle...If you're going to imitate the art form then you must go to THE SOURCE .....that would be the right way to do it......He clearly likes the hairstyle but he might have an issue with a black barber/stylist touching his head....or maybe he feels like he be "out of place" in a black barbershop.....I don't know what the issue is but all I'm saying is, he could have gone to a blackbarbershop for a black hairstyle.....

I'm native African and I've never had a soul food dinner before with collard greens...NEVER IN MY LIFE.....but I've seen pictures and I'm aware of it....but what I'm NOT going to do is go to the store and buy Collard greens to make it look like the pictures I've seen....I'm gonna go to THE SOURCE for the real experience....not a replica experience.....

The problem with cultural appropiation seems to be that people want to replicate what they've seen without wanting to experience the real deal...without wanting to deal with members of that culture...and to me, that's some foul shit.....

My lil 2 cents...

Track Thumbs Up/Down
What kind of voodoo magic did the barber use to change the texture of his hair? Laughing

It looks good though.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

Track Thumbs Up/Down
I have problem with it when they clown us for our hair texture and calling us nappy head niggers so and so forth but soon as it becomes cool they wanna be us bitch plz

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

I have problem with it when they clown us for our hair texture and calling us nappy head niggers so and so forth but soon as it becomes cool they wanna be us bitch plz

They don't want to be you. They want to be Asian. This is one person not the whole city of Tokyo or the whole country of Japan. All Asians from either country do not harbor hate for black people. I know that. There are many married into my family and thousands of other blk families. The darkest of Africans dye their hair blond. Does that mean all blk folks want to be white? Some of yall bleach your skin until you look like albino monkeys. Does that mean every blk wants to be them?

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

What kind of voodoo magic did the barber use to change the texture of his hair? Laughing

It looks good though.

Yeah I think it looks good on him lol

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

10 days ago

They don't want to be you. They want to be Asian. This is one person not the whole city of Tokyo or the whole country of Japan. All Asians from either country do not harbor hate for black people. I know that. There are many married into my family and thousands of other blk families. The darkest of Africans dye their hair blond. Does that mean all blk folks want to be white? Some of yall bleach your skin until you look like albino monkeys. Does that mean every blk wants to be them?

Baby that was a general statement about People who are not black as a whole not just this young man who wants naps kinks and coils because it's trendy and cool
First Page 1 2 Last Page 

Forum Index -> All times are GMT

Page 1 of 2
Watch this topic for replies

Jump to:   

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Change Online Status: Status Update: