logo
Search
Pros and Cons of dating a celebrity  
   Forum Index ->
Click the image to Enter your Rating
First Page 1 Last Page 

Post Posted: 12 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down

When I made my instagram earlier this year, some guy liked a pretty gay image of me. I thought it might be an accident and followed him, so I could see what else he liked. It wasn't an accident. He had been liking other gay ish.

So I tried to look up his twitter, because he didn't have much on his instagram. Turns out he's a pretty popular celebrity.

I unfollowed him, because I didn't want to bring attention to him. I thought about DMing him and asking why he liked my pic, but I figured he gets millions of those a day and wouldn't see it anyway.

I have also after cutting off a guy realized he has some sort of fame, by recognizing him in an ad/commercial, etc

I've also had people cover up tattoos during--encounters and later I realized why.

I don't think I'd want to date a celebrity as the scrutiny would be overwhelming. I would also be concerned about my safety/well-being. And most importantly feeling that because they have social capital/money they could tell me what to do, etc

Anyway, have you ever dated a celebrity and would you? What are the pros and cons?

Post Posted: 11 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down
I had an experience where sum1 contacted me and said he was
a popular actor and couldn't reveal himself. He just told me to continue
focusing on school and how much he liked me Confused

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

How did he contact you? Text? Email? Social media?

Are you done with school?

Track Thumbs Up/Down
. . ..
. .
. . . Yea.... I had a couple of ppl I had to google. . . . nice ppl...

.. . . but celebrity, wealth, education, looks.... none of which is a deal maker by itself... for me anyways.

Post Posted: 10 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

. . ..
. .

.. . . but celebrity, wealth, education, looks.... none of which is a deal maker by itself... for me anyways.

So you would date an ugly 90's has-been with no more than a high school diploma, small penis and blown out hole?

Post Posted: 9 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

. . ..
. .

10 days ago

So you would date an ugly 90's has-been with no more than a high school diploma, small penis and blown out hole?

. . .
. . what kind of middle school, hyperbolic question is that?

. . . . . . .

Track Thumbs Up/Down
This what I hate about society, with celebrity there is no DL or discreet any you have privacy. You belong to them. It's many times harder and unfair to those who love the fems and transgenders. I'm private person and would go off on the media to protect my privacy and mte's as well. Celebrity status has no gender because the public owns you. Whites have that privileges and money will make you respect it. Stupid as black don't care about how money you got(even if they want it) blacks live for drama and are jealous if you got someone they want too.

Track Thumbs Up/Down
Ive had guys on here. Some of which have been exposed since then. But not by me. They know who they are, lol.

Post Posted: 7 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

11 days ago

How did he contact you? Text? Email? Social media?

Are you done with school?

nope

Post Posted: 6 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

When I made my instagram earlier this year, some guy liked a pretty gay image of me. I thought it might be an accident and followed him, so I could see what else he liked. It wasn't an accident. He had been liking other gay ish.

So I tried to look up his twitter, because he didn't have much on his instagram. Turns out he's a pretty popular celebrity.

I unfollowed him, because I didn't want to bring attention to him. I thought about DMing him and asking why he liked my pic, but I figured he gets millions of those a day and wouldn't see it anyway.

I have also after cutting off a guy realized he has some sort of fame, by recognizing him in an ad/commercial, etc

I've also had people cover up tattoos during--encounters and later I realized why.

I don't think I'd want to date a celebrity as the scrutiny would be overwhelming. I would also be concerned about my safety/well-being. And most importantly feeling that because they have social capital/money they could tell me what to do, etc

Anyway, have you ever dated a celebrity and would you? What are the pros and cons?

I am around actors and people who are in the film industry all of the time...

This is how I feel based on my experience. My fiancée was an actor. He has recently stopped to try and find a career outside of it. He has worked with a lot of big names, including some of my favorite actors. Our circle of friends also work with big names. For example, one of our friends was a boom operator for the latest Spider Man, he is working on Black Lightening, and he has a lot of other stuff he has done. One of our gang actually ended up being on the cast of Black Lightening. For obvious reasons, I am not mentioning names.

Here is what you need to know about people in the film industry. They like to spend money. They are also highly, highly, highly emotional. They also don't have too much of a concept of boundaries. How it was told to me, everyone is constantly changing behind sets around each other and everyone is constantly touching you. They are very cliquish. They tend to be activists of some sort and their political views tend to swing very very liberal.

Here is what you need to know about their relationship to work. They will be working all of the time. They will be on call all of the time. They will be traveling all of the time. They will be expected to socialize and network. Sometimes, they may be working for 17+ hours a day, and shoots take forever. They are constantly redoing shots. They will spend days on something, and because there was lint in the shot, they will have to reshoot the whole thing. God help you if they replace a person.

Gay men in the film industry are highly, highly slutty and very disrespectful where they are likely to try and use their position to sexually harass other gay men.

As far as how this impacts me. I have my own career. I am a salaried Software Engineer for the avionics industry, so I am constantly being flown different places and am on call. Considering how fickle the film industry is, the stability of my career allows for my fiancé to explore things if he needs to. To be taken professionally as an actor, for example, you have to join Guilds and such. I am already scrutinized with my profession.

Actors tend to have highly addictive personalities or highly neurotic personalities and they "over do". They also tend to be highly extroverted. I am highly neurotic but highly introverted, so sometimes having to go to some stupid "wrap party" or go to every "shoot" or go to every "performance"(he is also a singer) is annoying, but I try to be supportive.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

I am around actors and people who are in the film industry all of the time...
This is how I feel based on my experience.

My fiancé was an actor. He has recently stopped to try and find a career
outside of it. He has worked with a lot of big names, including some of
my favorite actors. Our circle of friends also work with big names.
For example, one of our friends was a boom operator for the latest
Spider Man, he is working on Black Lightening, and he has a lot of other
stuff he has done. One of our gang actually ended up being on the cast of
Black Lightening. For obvious reasons, I am not mentioning names.

Here is what you need to know about people in the film industry.
They like to spend money. They are also highly, highly, highly emotional.
They also don't have too much of a concept of boundaries. How it
was told to me, everyone is constantly changing behind sets around
each other and everyone is constantly touching you. They are very cliquish.
They tend to be activists of some sort and their political views tend to swing
very very liberal. Here is what you need to know about their relationship to
work. They will be working all of the time. They will be on call all of the time.
They will be traveling all of the time. They will be expected to socialize and
network. Sometimes, they may be working for 17+ hours a day, and shoots
take forever. They are constantly redoing shots. They will spend days on
something, and because there was lint in the shot, they will have to reshoot
the whole thing. God help you if they replace a person. Gay men in the film
industry are highly, highly slutty and very disrespectful where they are likely
to try and use their position to sexually harass other gay men. As far as how
this impacts me. I have my own career. I am a salaried Software Engineer
for the avionics industry, so I am constantly being flown different places and
am on call. Considering how fickle the film industry is, the stability of my career
allows for my fiancé to explore things if he needs to. To be taken
professionally as an actor, for example, you have to join Guilds and such.

I am already scrutinized with my profession. Actors tend to have highly addictive personalities or highly neurotic personalities and they "over do". They also tend
to be highly extroverted. I am highly neurotic but highly introverted, so sometimes
having to go to some stupid "wrap party" or go to every "shoot" or go to every "performance"(he is also a singer) is annoying, but I try to be supportive

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

CHILE ALL THEM CELEBRITIES IS BIPOLAR. HONEY THE BITCHES ARE ALL CLOSETED AND THEY HAVE BEEN FUCKED UP THEY ASS AND THERE ARE RUMORS ABOUT ALL OF THEM. I HAD ONE WHO IS VERY POPULAR WHO FREQUENTED SINGLESNET.COM WHO HIT ME UP BACK IN THE MIDDLE 2000s when he was just making a name for himself. WHen i inquired about can I continue to make communication with him he did not respond but he was skeptical about it. He later deleted his profile HONEY but he still sent me a message from the ATLANTA area...HINT HINT that said He was interested

and I also had a phone conversation with HERKULES. He USED to be a popular D.J in the Washington D.C. and Virginia area

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

This what I hate about society, with celebrity there is no DL or discreet any you have privacy. You belong to them. It's many times harder and unfair to those who love the fems and transgenders. I'm private person and would go off on the media to protect my privacy and mte's as well. Celebrity status has no gender because the public owns you. Whites have that privileges and money will make you respect it. Stupid as black don't care about how money you got(even if they want it) blacks live for drama and are jealous if you got someone they want too.

That hasn't been my experience at all. They don't pay attention at all to me, and my boyfriend's friends and associates are well known celebrities...

Track Thumbs Up/Down

12 days ago

6 days ago

That hasn't been my experience at all. They don't pay attention at all to me, and my boyfriend's friends and associates are well known celebrities...

Consider yourself blessed and keep away from the haters...
First Page 1 Last Page 

Forum Index -> All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1
Stop watching this topic

Jump to:   

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Change Online Status: Status Update: