logo
Search
Have u ever heard of SLAPP lawsuits? What are your thoughts?  
   Forum Index ->
Click the image to Enter your Rating
First Page 1 Last Page 

Post Posted: 2017-12-12 16:55:44  

Track Thumbs Up/Down

Post Posted: 2017-12-12 21:49:27  

Track Thumbs Up/Down
You know these fags ain't discussing anything serious. LOL.

A strategic lawsuit against public participation (SLAPP) is a lawsuit that is intended to censor, intimidate, and silence critics by burdening them with the cost of a legal defense until they abandon their criticism or opposition. The typical SLAPP plaintiff does not normally expect to win the lawsuit.

Post Posted: 2017-12-13 15:28:16  

Track Thumbs Up/Down

2017-12-12 16:55:44

A strategic lawsuit against public participation (SLAPP) is a lawsuit that is intended to censor, intimidate, and silence critics by burdening them with the cost of a legal defense until they abandon their criticism or opposition. The typical SLAPP plaintiff does not normally expect to win the lawsuit.

That's an effective piece of propaganda, to silence & censor your political opponents with. And it's fundamentally capitalistic, even if the SLAPP lawsuits are frivolous, it has a clear objective. What could be done judicially to stop SLAPP lawsuits?

I think the last thing we need as a nation, is for our judicial system being used politically to intimidate opposing political initiatives because it's not feasible for 1 side to continue financially.

@bird-fu @trast what are your thoughts?

Post Posted: 2017-12-13 16:32:56  

Track Thumbs Up/Down
One of energy companies and land developers favorite tactics.
I think most states have antislapp laws that allow a judge to decide if the lawsuit holds water or just a bunch of bull shit.
I think people should be more concerned about signing arbitration agreement than slapp lawsuits.

Post Posted: 2017-12-13 16:44:16  

Track Thumbs Up/Down

I think most states have antislapp laws that allow a judge to decide if the lawsuit holds water or just a bunch of bull shit.
I think people should be more concerned about signing arbitration agreement than slapp lawsuits.

Code:

What is it that concerns u about arbitration agreements?

Post Posted: 2017-12-13 17:09:31  

Track Thumbs Up/Down

2017-12-13 16:44:16

Code:

You give up your rights. And we all have arbitration agreements. I advise you read them and understand how they work.

Post Posted: 2017-12-13 17:32:50  

Track Thumbs Up/Down
Thank you for sharing this information. Imperative indeed that people are aware of this, as more and more of us begin to use the vast political space that continues, for now, to exist here in the U.S to more effectively resist the attempts of the wealthy classes to make working class people and others pay for THEIR economic crisis.

Post Posted: 2017-12-13 18:57:27  

Track Thumbs Up/Down

2017-12-13 16:44:16

Code:

2017-12-13 17:09:31

You give up your rights. And we all have arbitration agreements. I advise you read them and understand how they work.

Duly noted.

Post Posted: 2017-12-13 19:00:11  

Track Thumbs Up/Down

Thank you for sharing this information. Imperative indeed that people are aware of this, as more and more of us begin to use the vast political space that continues, for now, to exist here in the U.S to more effectively resist the attempts of the wealthy classes to make working class people and others pay for THEIR economic crisis.

Post Posted: 2017-12-13 19:32:32  

Track Thumbs Up/Down
It does nothing to the average group of Americans citizens as we have proven. We can peacefully protest longer in the streets than they can sit in the courtroom. This something The trump team would use.

Post Posted: 2017-12-14 13:54:46  

Track Thumbs Up/Down

It does nothing to the average group of Americans citizens as we have proven. We can peacefully protest longer in the streets than they can sit in the courtroom. This something The trump team would use.

and not to mention, he'll send in troops of KKK to shut down such a thing! These dumb KKKrackkkerz who perpetually get used by their own just refuse to "get it"

Post Posted: 2017-12-14 17:01:41  

Track Thumbs Up/Down
Yes I have heard of it. Nice video. Yes, big business plays to win, and they do not have a conscience, just a mandate to make profits for their shareholders. I support ACLU when I have a few spare bucks.

Post Posted: 2017-12-14 22:33:39  

Track Thumbs Up/Down

Yes I have heard of it. Nice video. Yes, big business plays to win, and they do not have a conscience, just a mandate to make profits for their shareholders. I support ACLU when I have a few spare bucks.

Code:
I support ACLU when I have a few spare bucks.

Post Posted: 2017-12-15 02:23:39  

Track Thumbs Up/Down

2017-12-13 15:28:16

That's an effective piece of propaganda, to silence & censor your political opponents with. And it's fundamentally capitalistic, even if the SLAPP lawsuits are frivolous, it has a clear objective. What could be done judicially to stop SLAPP lawsuits?

I think the last thing we need as a nation, is for our judicial system being used politically to intimidate opposing political initiatives because it's not feasible for 1 side to continue financially.

@bird-fu @trast what are your thoughts?

Same category as Political Action Committees trying to buy elections.

Forum Index -> All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1
Stop watching this topic

Jump to:   

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Change Online Status: Status Update: