logo
Search
Teen Vogue's How To on Anal Sex  
   Forum Index ->
Click the image to Enter your Rating
First Page 1 Last Page 

Post Posted: 10 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down
So Teen Vogue has been wilding out! I saw a video floating around on fb of this lady burning magazines. Completely brushed it off, until I actually saw the article. Uhhh... I get the importance of young people knowing sex stuff primarily for the purpose of not exposing themselves to disease, unwanted pregnancies or injuring themselves. But, I'm not sure that it's ok for a magazine with the purpose of entertaining teens give a how to guide to any type of sex, not just anal sex.

I will say that it is well written for anyone who is inexperienced in the anal sex area... As the article reads, "This is anal 101, for teens, beginners, and all inquisitive folk."

But I think teens should be primarily learning what sex is and what it is not, also what consent means. Teens should be learning to protect themselves and others in terms of sexuality. Just my thoughts...

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/anal-sex-what-you-need-to-know?mbid=social_facebook

Track Thumbs Up/Down
I hope they go out of business.

Track Thumbs Up/Down
It's better to have credible teachers on the subject that to let the chirren pick up bad habits on the street.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

10 days ago

It's better to have credible teachers on the subject that to let the chirren pick up bad habits on the street.

And what makes these people credible?

Track Thumbs Up/Down

Track Thumbs Up/Down
Taking one for the TEEN??? Smile

Track Thumbs Up/Down

10 days ago

10 days ago

The writer of the article is a credible sex educator for starters. :/

Track Thumbs Up/Down

10 days ago

10 days ago

10 days ago

The writer of the article is a credible sex educator for starters. :/

You people are easily bamboozled

Track Thumbs Up/Down

10 days ago

FACT: teens are going to have sex, we'll have the power to stop a hurricane before we'll be able to stop adolescents from exploring their sexuality

ideally i would rather they learn safety from school and not a magazine but it's all a means to an end, if they're gonna do it (and they are) i'd rather them have the knowledge to do it properly and healthy.

100 %

Track Thumbs Up/Down

10 days ago

FACT: teens are going to have sex, we'll have the power to stop a hurricane before we'll be able to stop adolescents from exploring their sexuality

ideally i would rather they learn safety from school and not a magazine but it's all a means to an end, if they're gonna do it (and they are) i'd rather them have the knowledge to do it properly and healthy.

Spoken like non-parent and someone with the moral aptitude of a cookbook.....

Sex education should ideally begin at home with the parents giving their children a general understanding of love and how it is expressed. As they get older and can better grasp biology & physiology, parents then get into the human reproductive process & how sex organs function (this is the area where public education can assist or explain in more detail). Once you are dealing with an older teen or young adult, you get into the more subtle nuiances of love, sex, dating, relationships and in that, you should be relaying to them your own personal values & moralistic codes.

As a parent, I dont mind teen magazines or social media explaining what fetishes, sex toys, anal or oral sex, ect. are BUT dont be giving no anal sex for dummies lessons to my adolescents. Knowing and understanding the basics & responsibilities of normal sexual congress is tough enough for teens (trust me, I know!!!) without adding non-reproductive sexual kinks or gay sex into the picture. #theend

Track Thumbs Up/Down

10 days ago

10 days ago

Sex education should ideally begin at home with the parents giving their children a general understanding of love and how it is expressed. As they get older and can better grasp biology & physiology, parents then get into the human reproductive process & how sex organs function (this is the area where public education can assist or explain in more detail). Once you are dealing with an older teen or young adult, you get into the more subtle nuiances of love, sex, dating, relationships and in that, you should be relaying to them your own personal values & moralistic codes.

As a parent, I dont mind teen magazines or social media explaining what fetishes, sex toys, anal or oral sex, ect. are BUT dont be giving no anal sex for dummies lessons to my adolescents. Knowing and understanding the basics & responsibilities of normal sexual congress is tough enough for teens (trust me, I know!!!) without adding non-reproductive sexual kinks or gay sex into the picture. #theend

10 days ago

you let your brother go to jail for failing to pay child support

*stamps null and void all over your post*

Track Thumbs Up/Down

10 days ago

10 days ago

10 days ago

And your mother knows that you steal (and not even good at it) and will never produce her any grandchildren......#anotherreasonwhyyouopinionisinvalid

Track Thumbs Up/Down

10 days ago

10 days ago

10 days ago

10 days ago

10 days ago

psycho bitch unblocked me just to argue about who should teach teens about sex? Confused probably felt like wonder woman when those fingers were flyin across that keyboard, that bih needs help Idea

Im not arguing. Im telling your opinion is not correct and inexperienced....

Track Thumbs Up/Down

10 days ago

10 days ago

10 days ago

10 days ago

Sorry. I didnt see you there:

Track Thumbs Up/Down
I see it as sex ed...

Track Thumbs Up/Down
I think the Teen Vogue article is indeed well written and IN NO WAY encourages teens to have any more sex, (let alone irresponsibly) than they may or may not be having. It merely takes into consideration the REALITY that many teens -heterosexual and lgbt- are sexual or at least interested in exploring sex. The article does not encourage anything that many are not already exploring-usually WITHOUT adequate info on safety and consent. Nevertheless, I DO believe, as Smileofthen indicated that more might be emphasized-in this article (though again a pretty good job is done) and in general-regarding the issue of CONSENT. Also, I think more information regarding ABSTINENCE as a healthy choice-emotionally and otherwise-should be presented as well. Traditionally, abstinence would be -and still is- "encouraged" merely to DISCOURAGE sex, forcing teens/others to be self-repressive-NOT HEALTHY. Nowadays, it is understood at least among some, including myself, that the choice of abstinence should not-and for many teens, including myself at the time, often DOES NOT-have anything to do with suppression but everything to do with a genuine desire to forego sex until a future time. Also, many teens-both past and present-often consider abstinence but at the same time are OFTEN PRESSURED by society to be sexual (males especially), as a "rite of passage from boyhood to manhood"; every male-gay or straight-knows this to be true. conservatives are right when they talk about abstinence; traditionally, they just INCORRECTLY TALK ABOUT IT. Fortunately, however, it IS a choice that more TEENS openly and comfortably make. There are even brochures regarding abstinence in nurse's office at high school at which I work. Therefore, the issue of CONSENT IS indeed important, . Nevertheless, I think the article is decent, an important opening for necessary discussion regarding sex in general and consent in particular. Thanks, Smile...for info.

Post Posted: 9 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down
I forgot...FEMALES are even MORE pressured to be sexual-with a MALE of course; she is traditionally encouraged to NOT BE PUBLIC ABOUT IT, however. This reality goes hand-in-hand with the historic sexual objectification and general oppression of the female gender. It explains how 1/4 of ALL females at some point in their lives are sexually assaulted and at least more than 75% are at least touched inappropriately at some point in their lives. Nevertheless, more females are sexual-or NOT- because THEY make the choice and not because of pressure.

Post Posted: 9 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down
First Page 1 Last Page 

Forum Index -> All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1
Stop watching this topic

Jump to:   

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum