logo
Search
RIP Chuck Berry. The inventor of Rock & Roll.  
   Forum Index ->
Click the image to Enter your Rating
First Page 1 Last Page 

Post Posted: 7 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down
I bet yall thought Elvis invented Rock n Roll. Absolutely not. It was Chuck Berry, who died last nite, at the age of 90.

Track Thumbs Up/Down
Elvis invented music, dancing, and the dick print. He is alive and well in Las Vegas.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

I bet yall thought Elvis invented Rock n Roll. Absolutely not. It was Chuck Berry, who died last nite, at the age of 90.

I know they posted the news yesterday i was so upset hes legendary ive always wanted to learn his techniques and Princes and Rick James ,Jimi Hendrix on playing riffs on the bass guitar i just wish i didnt break my daddies bass guitar when i was little i use to stay awake listening to him play while my siblings were asleep

Track Thumbs Up/Down
If it did not happen 5 minutes ago, the average homo is not interested.

Track Thumbs Up/Down
R.I.P. Chuck! He was also one of the pioneers of fighting back against
plagiarizm, when the Beach Boys (considered to be the preeminent American rock group at the time, being the main rival of the British deities, the Beatles) stole his licks from Sweet Little Sixteen, and penned new lyrics for their Surfin USA. It took years for him to get a songwriting credit for music that he wrote!

Hopefully Little Richard can hold on for a little while longer...

Track Thumbs Up/Down
R.I.P.
The architect of Rock and Roll.
They do what they always do... make an idol a rival so they can conquer, steal and rewrite the history.

Post Posted: 6 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down
RIP... Y'all better get ready for all the books that are going to be written about his freaky lifestyle..

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

plagiarizm, when the Beach Boys (considered to be the preeminent American rock group at the time, being the main rival of the British deities, the Beatles) stole his licks from Sweet Little Sixteen, and penned new lyrics for their Surfin USA. It took years for him to get a songwriting credit for music that he wrote!

I did not know that, I'll try and read up on that if I can find articles online.

Code:
He was also one of the pioneers of fighting back against
plagiarizm, when the Beach Boys (considered to be the preeminent American rock group at the time, being the main rival of the British deities, the Beatles) stole his licks from Sweet Little Sixteen, and penned new lyrics for their Surfin USA.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

6 days ago

I did not know that, I'll try and read up on that if I can find articles online.

Code:
plagiarizm, when the Beach Boys (considered to be the preeminent American rock group at the time, being the main rival of the British deities, the Beatles) stole his licks from Sweet Little Sixteen, and penned new lyrics for their Surfin USA.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

RIP

Post Posted: 5 days ago 

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

Elvis invented music, dancing, and the dick print. He is alive and well in Las Vegas.

Elvis invented copycatting.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

6 days ago

Code:

6 days ago

This is a good starting point..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/acomfort11.wordpress.com/2013/03/18/surfin-usa-vs-sweet-little-sixteen/amp/

Did u ever hear of the case between Michael Bolton & The Isley Brothers? About the song "Love Is A Wonderful Thing".

The Isley Brothers made a song with that title in the early 60's, about 30 years later Michael Bolton makes a song with that, and 97% of the lyrics were the same, and sung at the same pace, with the same background music.

Bolton & his lawyers claim that Bolton never heard that song and wrote the song himself, thus he wasn't guilty of plagiarism. The judge basically laughed at their defense, and ruled in favor of The Isley Brothers that the song was 97% copyrighted by them 30 years prior, and thus Bolton owed them 97% of the royalties. Laughing The quick dismissal of Bolton's case & plagiarism was spoofed on in living color skit.

Track Thumbs Up/Down
Gtfoh.

RIP

Track Thumbs Up/Down
it was actually a black heavy set woman guitar player... her name was Rosetta Thorpe.

Track Thumbs Up/Down
I am half-watching a movie about Chuck Berry and other artists of that period. The violence of the police back then was outrageous.

Track Thumbs Up/Down
Beach boys, Rolling STones, all kinds of white groups were stealing their music and getting away with it. SMH.

Track Thumbs Up/Down

7 days ago

6 days ago

Code:

6 days ago

This is a good starting point..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/acomfort11.wordpress.com/2013/03/18/surfin-usa-vs-sweet-little-sixteen/amp/

5 days ago

Did u ever hear of the case between Michael Bolton & The Isley Brothers? About the song "Love Is A Wonderful Thing".

The Isley Brothers made a song with that title in the early 60's, about 30 years later Michael Bolton makes a song with that, and 97% of the lyrics were the same, and sung at the same pace, with the same background music.

Bolton & his lawyers claim that Bolton never heard that song and wrote the song himself, thus he wasn't guilty of plagiarism. The judge basically laughed at their defense, and ruled in favor of The Isley Brothers that the song was 97% copyrighted by them 30 years prior, and thus Bolton owed them 97% of the royalties. Laughing The quick dismissal of Bolton's case & plagiarism was spoofed on in living color skit.

Lol yes I remember when the case first came out. The Isley Brothers song was obscure and not one of their big hits, and this was before the days of Spotify, etc, so Michael Bolton probably seriously thought he could get away with stealing their song and making it his own. FAIL!!! Smile
First Page 1 Last Page 

Forum Index -> All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1
Stop watching this topic

Jump to:   

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Change Online Status: Status Update: