Search
UPDATE: How should I propose 2 my guy  
   Forum Index -> General Discussions
Click the image to Enter your Rating
First Page 1 Last Page 

Post Posted: 2007-12-23 19:48:08  

Track Thumbs Up/Down
Fellas,

Thanks for all of the advice/ideas on how to propose 2 my guy. After careful consideration, I decided to propose during our church service today.

I made arrangements with my Pastor to propose just before the sermon. I slipped a copy of Anita Baker's Sweet Love to the church musician. When the music queued up, I asked my guy to join me at the front of the church, I shared with the church that he and I had been together for a long time, that we had shared a lot of both bad and good times and that I felt that now was the time for us to make things right. Afterward I took him by the hand slipped the ring on his left hand and asked him to marry me. He agreed. We kissed and the church went up in praise.

Post Posted: 2007-12-23 19:52:16  

Track Thumbs Up/Down
simplistic wrote:
What church do you go to? Shocked

Pillar of Love Fellowship Church - We meet in the Center on Halsted

Post Posted: 2007-12-23 20:17:56  

Track Thumbs Up/Down
When is more like it...and that would be when gay marriage is legalized. If you're going the civil union route, put the ring on him while he's sleeping, at a family reunion or with people that accept you two being together. Write him a card and attach a ring to it.

Post Posted: 2007-12-23 20:30:36  

Track Thumbs Up/Down
fon wrote:
well unlike these uncooth bitches.... I'm gonna say... CONGRATS and may you have many years of blessings together. The real work begins now!

Thanks Man,

I appreciate that.

Post Posted: 2007-12-23 20:31:48  

Track Thumbs Up/Down
datshortyuwant wrote:
chiboi4u wrote:
Fellas,

Thanks for all of the advice/ideas on how to propose 2 my guy. After careful consideration, I decided to propose during our church service today.

I made arrangements with my Pastor to propose just before the sermon. I slipped a copy of Anita Baker's Sweet Love to the church musician. When the music queued up, I asked my guy to join me at the front of the church, I shared with the church that he and I had been together for a long time, that we had shared a lot of both bad and good times and that I felt that now was the time for us to make things right. Afterward I took him by the hand slipped the ring on his left hand and asked him to marry me. He agreed. We kissed and the church went up in praise.

aww congratulations!!! I hope u both have a happy marriage

Thanks

Post Posted: 2007-12-23 20:35:23  

Track Thumbs Up/Down
thekee469 wrote:
When is more like it...and that would be when gay marriage is legalized. If you're going the civil union route, put the ring on him while he's sleeping, at a family reunion or with people that accept you two being together. Write him a card and attach a ring to it.

We registered as Domestic Partners a few years ago. Thug that he is, my guy still wanted the public affirmation that comes with a commitment ceremony, etc.

Post Posted: 2007-12-23 20:36:54  

Track Thumbs Up/Down
hiyellaboi wrote:
chiboi4u wrote:
Fellas,

CONGRAT ON GETTING ENGAGED...I HOPE YOU TWO HAVE A LONG AND HAPPY RELATIONSHIP...JUST REMEMBER TO LAUGH TOGETHER...AND TALK ABOUT EVERYTHING, NO MATTER WHAT IT IS....EVEN IF ITS ABOUT WHAT TYPE OF TOILET PAPER TO BUY, BELIEVE ME. SOME OF THE BIGGEST FIGHTS YOU WILL GET INTO WILL START OFF ABOUT SOMETHING SMALL...AND THEN 25 MINS INTO THE FIGHT YOU FIND OUT THAT IT'S REALLY ABOUT SOMETHING THATS BEEN EATING AT YOUR ASS FOR 3 MONTHS BUT YOU NEVER TALKED TO HIM ABOUT IT...SO MAKE SURE YOU TWO TALK ABOUT EVEYTHING...GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS

Again, thanks. Appreciate the advice. It falls in line with what we heard from our Pastor.

Post Posted: 2007-12-23 23:29:05  

Track Thumbs Up/Down
midwood wrote:
I hate and jealous of you man, lol.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Oh my God when is the wedding? I don't want to be Bridesmaid Rolling Eyes lol.... Feliciatation, mon cher! Congratulation, my dear! Laughing Cool Be good and healthy... I hope some all of church accept who we are Very Happy

09/06/2008 - Seven years to the date that we first got together.
First Page 1 Last Page 

Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1
Stop watching this topic

Jump to:   

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Change Online Status: Status Update: