Search

POST NEW3rdsun's Posts
Forum : General Discussions Topic : 

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2017-03-16 22:38:27     Post subject: This syphilis is driving me CRAZY! Something is in my head

What kind of nonsense is this?
Forum :  Topic : 

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2016-11-11 05:47:31     Post subject: White Liberals

sassysissy2016 wrote:
1478286742 I had to turn this shit off. I was listening to the Diane Rehm show about the lower turn out of black voters in Florida and North Carolina. She generally has great shows. There was an excellent chance to talk about the black communities relationship to the Clinton's and the Democratic party. Our relationship to the crack epidemic of the 80s and the crime bill of the 90s. Republicans are cutting back voting days and locations to suppress the heavily democratic black vote which is prudent in the short term but continues to alienate us from the republican party in the long run.

It could have been a great nuanced show. Just a few minutes in and the liberals speaking are trying their best to tie us to poverty. Liberals treat us like inferior puppies who need to be protected from the great and powerful white man. This one chick even alludes to rappers when she started talking about young middle class blacks. I was incensed. I use to have a high regard for liberals but as I get older I see their blind spots and desire to infantile blacks is insulting, distracting and unhelpful.
Just a thought some elite blacks like Correll West and Tavis Smiley do the same thing. They blame all of the problems in the so called black community on slavery, segregation, racism etc. They have railed on President Obama for failing to be a revolutionary.

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2016-11-05 16:59:19     Post subject: White Liberals

detto wrote:
1478286742 This is news to me. The insults I heard was from Trump. Saying we all live in Ghettos and can't walk down streets without getting shot and we are living in terror. Like many blacks I am well educated and stay in a affluent neighborhood and lets just say I am in a very high income tax bracket. As for as income, the amount of taxes I pay could support a family. So we all don't live in Ghettos or can't walk down the streets without getting shot. I am a Independent and have voted Republican before. But there is no way in hell I would ever support a man that been a racist all his life and all of a sudden he's going to be a defender of black. The KKK, ALT-Right, White nationalist and white supremacist groups are supporting this man. Hell even Russia president is supporting him. Now that should tell you something. Blacks think they walking down the street now with signs saying "Black Lives Matter" let Trump get in there. You ain't seen nothing yet. Remember Trump want to re-enact the rule of law like they had in NYC. Where a cop can just frisk and search you for no reason which was done to mostly blacks. Republican are even trying to stop the blacks from voting in NC.

I don't know what blacks were expecting from Obama. But he has really done a lot. Our economy was free fall and he brought us out of it. Over 20 million people have healthcare that wouldn't have never had it. Now all away up to 25yrs of age you can be on your parent health Insurance. The stock market is the highest it has ever been in years. A job report just came out today where 161K jobs been created and 2.8% income growth. unemployment drop under 5% and the list go on.

Say what you want about Hillary. But I don't see Trump with a plan thats going to send your children to college for free if you make under 120k a year. This a lone should make a lot of blacks vote. Again she is not my first pick either. But I can point to some things she has done to help people. For Instance, she was the one came up with the CHIP program that will allow all children to have free health care insurance if there parents are poor.

If anyone that should be voting Democratic this year, it should be blacks. Your not helping the White liberals, you are helping yourself. You also live in America too.
jacobs_fine wrote:
1478320282 Well said
sassysissy2016 wrote:
1478380959 Not really since he didn't address anything I said.
Hello, I beg to differ, I think he did address what you said in an indirect way. The point that I think he might be making, is this, yes, the so-called "White Liberals" will call on us and use us to get their agenda across, but I think we simply have to be smart enough to use them as well. The system is called politics for a reason.
For me the question is how can we use the system to shape policies that benefit our communities. Yes, some of them my look at us as puppy dogs that they have to rescue, but we have to be wise enough to work this system for the benefit of black folks in this country.
However as many of us as have obtain some kind of success there are many, many more that have not and have some very serious issues. As much as I am not a Trump supporter I think that is what he was trying to point out. In that situation I don't think he was trying to be racist, I think he simply displayed his ignorance because he looked at black folks as a monolith, as if we are all the same and have the same issues, and of course we don't. The African American table is one that he tried to come to, much too late.

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2016-10-17 10:14:49     Post subject: You ever did a threesome?

veale3366 wrote:
1476638708 I fucked this dude while his girlfriend watched us. It was so weird at first, but after a few minutes it wasn't. His ass just opened up to receive my dick. The girlfriend pussy got so wet as I was fucking her boyfriend.
Wish I could have watched that!

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2016-09-22 10:09:48     Post subject: What makes black people threatening?

dragon198806 wrote:
1474509081 http://vocaroo.com/i/s19gOcxu6ZHM
the_rear_view wrote:
1474510204 No offense, but based on your photos and your voice, you come off to me, someone online and have never met you in person, as being very whitewashed. So if you spoke in this manner to officers of course you would be viewed as non threatning.

Also, even though you didn't know it, in your second example you were in fact being racially profiled.

I guarantee had you been white walking at night that the officer would have never stopped to speak to you.
The first example was an officer doing his job and had nothing to do with your race, he was just investigating and as you mentioned you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I also live in Atlanta, and I recall a time, when I had just purchased a new SUV and I was driving on campus at GT, passed an officer and he turned around and pulled me over. At the time of purchase I had no idea that the dealership was supposed to place a silver strip with a date on my temporary tag, so he said that was the reason he pulled me over.

I asked him how did he see this when he was going in the opposite direction as me, and he said there had been a lot of car thefts in the area and he said that most young students dont drive the type of car that I was driving.

I believe I was profiled and I was pissed at the time, but I let him run my info and went on my way. That was my only incident with law enforcement ever.

Black people can be non threatning and still experience profiling. I think threatening and non threatening in the eye of law enforcement today has gone from criminal to racial in all aspects.
The generalizations and stereo-types are the major problem here. White folks do it to us and we do it to each other. I remember growing up and having other black kids say to me, you're acting white. Of course at the time it really bothered me, when I look back on it now, I realize they were just uninformed and ignorant to think that all black people had to walk, talk and behave the same. It is bigoted and biased to think that if someone is "rims and tims" their are a criminal, I have interacted with some highly intelligent goal oriented people who have that "swagger" about themselves. You can't judge a book by it's cover. By the same token, we should not make snap judgements about all white people, it is the same problem. We have to start talking to each other as opposed to talking at each other!

We have some real work to do!

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2016-09-12 18:58:57     Post subject: Debate on Toxic Masculinity

_cosber_ wrote:
1473447551 Thoughts?
I find Queer men, especially on online spaces, such as this forum, are just as guilty, if not more, of policing toxic masculinity.

A photo of a father and son relaxing together is still stoking a debate about masculinity months after it was originally posted.

Facebook user Eric Owens posted photos of himself and his son resting side-by-side throughout the years. In every photo shown in the post, which has more than 24,000 likes and hundreds of shares, the son is under the father's arm.

Some male social media users said they find an adult son being physically close to his father unnatural.

However, Twitter user @Pinkdot_COM tweeted that the adverse responses were "weird" and she shared screenshots of some of the most passionate comments.

One response said that the father and son in the picture were "the weirdest shit ever" and that "a man shouldn't be raising his son to be on him like that."

Another man said that he couldn't recall a time after 9 years old where he had been "up under" his father.

Another Facebook user commented that being physically close is acceptable for mothers and daughters but not for fathers and sons.

There is nothing wrong with this image at all. A father and a son showing physical closeness. The problem is we have a warped image of manhood, toxic as the writer said. We also have a warped and almost sick understanding of physical closeness, it seems we equate being physically close with sexuality, and that is warped and a little sick. Intimacy is not always about sex, it is about love and trust. One person commented "is the son gay?" We think to be a man means to be tuff, thuggish, a cowboy, to hide your feelings. I am not saying that we need to walk around crying all the time. But I do say that if we had fathers that were more loving and affectionate to their sons and daughters, the world (society) would be a better place.

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2016-08-16 21:27:50     Post subject: I really wish Black People Stop Getting MBA's

momentai wrote:
1471231910 why?
dragon198806 wrote:
1471232718 Because upon further questioning they feel forced into it. Getting into a STEM field pretty much requires a hefty hefty amount of mathematics where it seems like a lot of African-American students don't feel confident in or are lagging behind in it. The message they get is education is key, but in regards to the education that really matters, they feel, or are, behind in such a way that they end up forced into the humanities or business or nursing or something in communication. For example, getting a MCS

When you look at the degrees that give you money, it is more along the lines of specialized things beyond business degrees. For example, getting a MCS is ENTIRELY different, and more valuable, than an MBA, because it is going to replaced by it, eventually. The job of a Computer Scientists is pretty much to study, come up with, discover, etc. algorithms to solve problems. Pretty much, we come up with ways to automate things, and, thanks to Godels Incompleteness Theorem, mathematicians, computer scientists, and scientists will always have jobs whereas people with MBA's will gradually be replaced with algorithmic infrastructures.

It disappoints me because it seems like most black people are settling for what they can get.
momentai wrote:
1471233315 Well eventually sounds pretty vague, and I personally believe in our lifetimes an MBA will still be relevant and a good way to increase earning potential. Also from what I've heard, it's not just about the education you receive it's also about the network of colleagues you build while getting it. Lastly, MBAs do need some math to successful. Some of these go on to become in charge of managing finances and funds, like the funding you receive for your PhD program.
dragon198806 wrote:
1471233586 That is the bull shit African-Americans in America are fed. Look, black people are MAJ ORLY underrepresented in STEM fields, and a large part of that is the implicit feeling that a lot of black students have of not belonging there. When trying to convince black students to go into STEM fields, they have an interests in it and see how it would be good, but, at the same time, shy away from the heavy science and math courses.
3rdsun wrote:
1471393066 I agree with you that blacks are under represented in the STEM fields. When I was in college several years I almost switched to computer science as a major. It took me getting to college to find out that I was better at math than I thought I was, but I was not at all interested in it, being young and looking for the easy way out prevented me from going in that direction. I was an accounting major in the beginning and left that because I was truthfully kind of lazy. If I had it to do over again I would either go with computer science or stick with accounting or some combination of both. However, I will say this, the people who will do well in this technological age are those who can recognize trends and make the necessary, preparation to change as the trends change! There are other ways to acquire knowledge. Question, what will you do to create solutions and venues for black youth to be exposed to STEM?
dragon198806 wrote:
1471398029 Actually, the biggest obstacle is African-American culture, itself. To be frank, an African-American family is more likely to be religious than scientific in their thinking. You could say that science and mathematics are not really big within the African-American culture as everyday things whereas religion, faith, so on and so forth are. A lot of African-American students are exposed, for the first time, to actual science and actual math when they go off to school. This, of course, creates a juxtaposition between the everyday experience of said student within their culture. One could say this creates an implicit type of skepticism against institution of science, math, and technology which is reinforced, culturally. I'm a tutor, and I see it all of the time. A lot of the gains I make with the children are kind of negated with their parents. Their parents don't understand and are skeptical of the information where this thus influences the children. A big issue when it comes to AP Computer Science programs in high schools is lack of interests in it per African-American students partially because, as a culture, there is a low interests in science within African-American culture. Religion is a bigger force. Though, the same could be said for the bulk of American culture, just, statistically speaking, African-Americans have a lower interests than others.

For example, my father took me to museums every day. He also gave me my first college textbook on Genetics when I was 9 or 10. Over the summer, my family made me do assignments. Due to coming from an academic background, it reinforced the things I was learning. I would say the largest obstacle to African-Americans is themselves in terms of a culture that is more religious than scientific, mathematical, and philosophical more times than not.
There is a cultural component to what you are saying. People from a certain socioeconomic status are prone to think that way. I worked in human services for years and many black people have that view when their children are acting like bey-bey's child and really need some medication. They think all they need is a good whooping. Or the kids is as gay as Liberace and the family says that they will pray or beat it out of him. So I do understand, however, just as in your case people who are informed and exposed themselves tend to have child who are as well. So we have to keep pushing. Perhaps you will reach one out of one hundred, but that is one reached. It also depends on the religious background. I grew up in the A.M.E. church were education was valued and we were all encouraged and even expected to go to college and pursue academic excellence. However, I have seen what you speak of as well, but there is diversity in the way people perceive religion and faith.

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2016-08-16 19:17:46     Post subject: I really wish Black People Stop Getting MBA's

momentai wrote:
1471231910 why?
dragon198806 wrote:
1471232718 Because upon further questioning they feel forced into it. Getting into a STEM field pretty much requires a hefty hefty amount of mathematics where it seems like a lot of African-American students don't feel confident in or are lagging behind in it. The message they get is education is key, but in regards to the education that really matters, they feel, or are, behind in such a way that they end up forced into the humanities or business or nursing or something in communication. For example, getting a MCS

When you look at the degrees that give you money, it is more along the lines of specialized things beyond business degrees. For example, getting a MCS is ENTIRELY different, and more valuable, than an MBA, because it is going to replaced by it, eventually. The job of a Computer Scientists is pretty much to study, come up with, discover, etc. algorithms to solve problems. Pretty much, we come up with ways to automate things, and, thanks to Godels Incompleteness Theorem, mathematicians, computer scientists, and scientists will always have jobs whereas people with MBA's will gradually be replaced with algorithmic infrastructures.

It disappoints me because it seems like most black people are settling for what they can get.
momentai wrote:
1471233315 Well eventually sounds pretty vague, and I personally believe in our lifetimes an MBA will still be relevant and a good way to increase earning potential. Also from what I've heard, it's not just about the education you receive it's also about the network of colleagues you build while getting it. Lastly, MBAs do need some math to successful. Some of these go on to become in charge of managing finances and funds, like the funding you receive for your PhD program.
dragon198806 wrote:
1471233586 That is the bull shit African-Americans in America are fed. Look, black people are MAJ ORLY underrepresented in STEM fields, and a large part of that is the implicit feeling that a lot of black students have of not belonging there. When trying to convince black students to go into STEM fields, they have an interests in it and see how it would be good, but, at the same time, shy away from the heavy science and math courses.
I agree with you that blacks are under represented in the STEM fields. When I was in college several years I almost switched to computer science as a major. It took me getting to college to find out that I was better at math than I thought I was, but I was not at all interested in it, being young and looking for the easy way out prevented me from going in that direction. I was an accounting major in the beginning and left that because I was truthfully kind of lazy. If I had it to do over again I would either go with computer science or stick with accounting or some combination of both. However, I will say this, the people who will do well in this technological age are those who can recognize trends and make the necessary, preparation to change as the trends change! There are other ways to acquire knowledge. Question, what will you do to create solutions and venues for black youth to be exposed to STEM?

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2016-08-16 19:01:15     Post subject:

You have said a lot and most of it seems to be wasted on people who do not appreciate intellect or introspection. In the so called "Gay Life" we have no real teachers, ones that will teach us to be responsible loving men, who value one another. We call each other sissy, bitch and "she". We look down on each other and as you have said the self hate is at epic proportions. It seems that the thing we specialize at is bringing each other down. The fact that you are thinking about it means that we have hope! Keep thinking and writing. Perhaps there are other forums that will value your intellectual pursuits!

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2016-07-04 14:16:24     Post subject: Why do Men prefer sucking dick & getting fucked over dating

I think the answer is twofold. First, men are just more focused on sex than women in general. I wish I had the statistics about how often men think about sex in the course of a day as opposed to women. Also, I think that our society has become more and more casual and everything including sex has become too casual. It comes down to values, some of us have to at least try and hold up a standard, I must say however, it gets difficult especially when you are feeling a little horny yourself, but we need to try. Steve Harvey tells women to delay sex with a potential boyfriend for 90 days, do you think that is too long to wait to be sexual with someone?

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2015-09-11 07:47:13     Post subject:

I think I agree with you. I am a person of faith, a Christian. I have struggled with faith and sexuality all (of my life. I asked God the questions of, if this is sin why am I this way. I did not choose to be this way, these feelings are just here and as strong as those feeling are and maybe stronger is my love for God and Christian service.

It is so very interesting that many of the people on this site looked passed the point that you are clearly making to other issues, such as your religious/spiritual beliefs or the descriptive words that you used to describe the men you love, I think some of these guys just look for ways to be catty and argumentative. Like a person who calls himself bisexual on his page quoting scripture and calling you a sinner (born in sin, shaped in iniquity), really?

Years ago I did some reading of research from some scientist about homosexuality (which lean to the supposition that people are born with sexual orientation) and recently I have committed that I am going to look for new research that is hopefully objective to see what they are saying about this issue currently. As a Christian I do honor and respect scripture, but I think we need to look at what is said in it's context before we apply it to our current day situation.

Keep pressing your way my brother, just know someone is standing with you in your quest and beliefs.

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2015-08-23 22:08:05     Post subject:

BE CAREFUL, HE MIGHT WIND UP WITH YOUR CAKES! LOL!

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2015-07-23 11:21:02     Post subject: Boys in makeup...would you date a brother who wears make up?

For the most part I am not into guys with make-up. I like men to look like men in the traditional sense, perhaps that is narrow minded but it is what I like. The most I have ever done in the make up arena is a little foundation to stop the shine on my face when I was having profession pictures made, other than that I had to wear make up for a stage play several years ago when I was in high school. But as far as an everyday thing, never, never, never.

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2015-04-25 01:30:02     Post subject: On Black Nationalism

gfb96 wrote:
1429820965 So i've been thinking a great deal on this topic lately, and i've actually come to side and support with folks who believe that revolting or forming a black state/nation, or at least a nation devoid of European and White American influences in economics and culture is necessary.

To push for equality in this country would mean an equal effort by both black and white Americans. It would mean sitting down and having uncomfortable conversations with each other to truly push forward. However, white Americans refuse to discuss the topic of race, and bow out or result to petty insults. They don't see or fall victim to racism and therefore they don't believe racial disparities exist.

I think the fact is that White Americans will not face the topic of racism and oppression because it doesn't matter to them. These things don't affect them in their everyday lives so they either deny it's existence or pay it dust. I've really started considering the fact that white people are not going to improve over generations. They're not going to face this because they don't care.

And at this point, frankly, I believe waiting for White America to "come around" or believing that we will "get there eventually" just isn't cutting it anymore. Solid action needs to take place and in our current system White Americans refuse to acknowledge or discuss race issues so I think patiently waiting is not the right answer. Because I truly don't think White Americans are going to come around anytime soon. But that's just my opinion.
What you say is very idealistic, however I don't think it is realistic. There is a great deal of racism all over the world. There is sexism and other forms of inequality even within African American communities in the United States. The idea of a "revolution" would create unrest that would take decades to resolve. The so called socialist/communist revolutions of the USSR and other places I don't think really accomplished what they were intended. Cuba is a totalitarian society and so is Russia. The creation of a black state (nation state) would only create more unrest, civil unrest. I do not wan to be apart of such a thing. For many of us who have established lives, with property and economic ties, there would be great disturbance in our lives.

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2015-03-14 10:05:37     Post subject: Black Men

3rdsun wrote:
1420554307 I am trying to figure out how to respond to this. I think I have heard this line of reasoning before. I would seem to me that we as black men have a bit of control of this situation because we have control over whom we enter into relationship with. The question is this, is every interracial relationship based on a twisted sexual fetish? Can a black man and a white man be in relationship without it being a caricature of a real relationship? Can a black man and a white man have a meaningful relationship? But back to the question at hand. I think that it is up to us as black men to seek emotional, mental and spiritual health as we engage in relationships with each other. What will this do? As we develop healthy relationships with each other we will be models of appropriate interaction. There are examples out there of black men in love with each other and we simply need to lift up those images to the world. We also need to left up those images to ourselves. The world and I guess particularly the media does not lift up or celebrate male black love. The real question is do we celebrate it? When it comes to who we love and how we love it is something the we will have to take control of, in this respect it is always a personal and political issue. As black men we need to sign on to be in control of the politics of this situation at all times.

Hopefully you can read this now!
cosber wrote:
Code:
The question is this, is every interracial relationship based on a twisted sexual fetish?

No.

Code:
Can a black man and a white man be in relationship without it being a caricature of a real relationship?

What do you mean by caricature?

Code:
Can a black man and a white man have a meaningful relationship?

Yes, but none of these questions are either here or there.

Code:
But back to the question at hand. I think that it is up to us as black men to seek emotional, mental and spiritual health as we engage in relationships with each other. What will this do? As we develop healthy relationships with each other we will be models of appropriate interaction. There are examples out there of black men in love with each other and we simply need to lift up those images to the world. We also need to left up those images to ourselves. The world and I guess particularly the media does not lift up or celebrate male black love. The real question is do we celebrate it? When it comes to who we love and how we love it is something the we will have to take control of, in this respect it is always a personal and political issue. As black men we need to sign on to be in control of the politics of this situation at all times.

I agree
My point is that the questions about interracial relationships surround this issue. The other point is that the way black and white interactions between black men and white men get portrayed i.e. domination etc is a caricature. I think there are some blacks who see interracial relationships as inherently problematic that is why I brought up in this context. As I have said it is ultimately up to us as black men to define what our relationships with each other will be and celebrate our relationships with each other to each other and then celebrate those relationships to the world.

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2015-03-13 18:30:00     Post subject: Black Men

Hope this is more clear!

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2015-03-13 18:20:41     Post subject: Black Men

I am trying to figure out how to respond to this. I think I have heard this line of reasoning before. I would seem to me that we as black men have a bit of control of this situation because we have control over whom we enter into relationship with. The question is this, is every interracial relationship based on a twisted sexual fetish? Can a black man and a white man be in relationship without it being a caricature of a real relationship? Can a black man and a white man have a meaningful relationship? But back to the question at hand. I think that it is up to us as black men to seek emotional, mental and spiritual health as we engage in relationships with each other. What will this do? As we develop healthy relationships with each other we will be models of appropriate interaction. There are examples out there of black men in love with each other and we simply need to lift up those images to the world. We also need to left up those images to ourselves. The world and I guess particularly the media does not lift up or celebrate male black love. The real question is do we celebrate it? When it comes to who we love and how we love it is something the we will have to take control of, in this respect it is always a personal and political issue. As black men we need to sign on to be in control of the politics of this situation at all times.

Hopefully you can read this now!

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2015-03-13 18:10:10     Post subject: Black Men

cosber wrote:
1420554307 A Black man loving another Black man is still too much of a revolutionary concept in 2015.

Many amongst our own have this unconscious belief that love can only be found interracially.

A vocal segment of the Black community at large condemns us when we try to walk in our truth.

Whites, Asians and Latinos feel entitled to our bodies.

And still, many of us haven't even begun to truly love ourselves.

What can be done?
3rdsun wrote:
1426288005 I am trying to figure out how to respond to this. I think I have heard this line of reasoning before. I would seem to me that we as black men have a bit of control of this situation because we have control over whom we enter into relationship with. The question is this, is every interracial relationship based on a twisted sexual fetish? Can a black man and a white man be in relationship without it being a caricature of a real relationship? Can a black man and a white man have a meaningful relationship? But back to the question at hand. I think that it is up to us as black men to seek emotional, mental and spiritual health as we engage in relationships with each other. What will this do? As we develop healthy relationships with each other we will be models of appropriate interaction. There are examples out there of black men in love with each other and we simply need to lift up those images to the world. We also need to left up those images to ourselves. The world and I guess particularly the media does not lift up or celebrate male black love. The real question is do we celebrate it? When it comes to who we love and how we love it is something the we will have to take control of, in this respect it is always a personal and political issue. As black men we need to sign on to be in control of the politics of this situation at all times.
cosber wrote:
1426288053 baby ... shuga ... im gonna need for you to copy and paste this with readable font.
THANKS
I am not sure what you are seeing but I am reading it very clearly.

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2015-03-13 18:06:45     Post subject: Black Men

cosber wrote:
1420554307 A Black man loving another Black man is still too much of a revolutionary concept in 2015.

Many amongst our own have this unconscious belief that love can only be found interracially.

A vocal segment of the Black community at large condemns us when we try to walk in our truth.

Whites, Asians and Latinos feel entitled to our bodies.

And still, many of us haven't even begun to truly love ourselves.

What can be done?
I am trying to figure out how to respond to this. I think I have heard this line of reasoning before. I would seem to me that we as black men have a bit of control of this situation because we have control over whom we enter into relationship with. The question is this, is every interracial relationship based on a twisted sexual fetish? Can a black man and a white man be in relationship without it being a caricature of a real relationship? Can a black man and a white man have a meaningful relationship? But back to the question at hand. I think that it is up to us as black men to seek emotional, mental and spiritual health as we engage in relationships with each other. What will this do? As we develop healthy relationships with each other we will be models of appropriate interaction. There are examples out there of black men in love with each other and we simply need to lift up those images to the world. We also need to left up those images to ourselves. The world and I guess particularly the media does not lift up or celebrate male black love. The real question is do we celebrate it? When it comes to who we love and how we love it is something the we will have to take control of, in this respect it is always a personal and political issue. As black men we need to sign on to be in control of the politics of this situation at all times.
Forum : TV & Movies Topic : 

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2015-02-26 05:20:40     Post subject: Empire:The Lyon's Roar is the best episode of season

Last night was my very first time watching this show. I loved it!!!! I love how Jamal cracked his father's face by coming out in the performance. Loved it!!

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2015-02-10 10:27:06     Post subject: A Letter To The White Man ...

lovepeacesoul01 wrote:
1423360378 I've seen a lot of your comments...

When you say you are attracted to the "Black Man"...

Do you even understand who the "Black Man" is?

I advise most of the "Black Men" on this site to question the "validity" of a relationship with you!

I would want them to ask....

Are you truly interested in dating "The Black Man" for other than your own "selfish reasons?"

Do you really want to get to know this "man" and aide him in his struggles?

Because, If you really want to get to know him. You must first realize that most black men don't even know themselves, and most of the ones who choose to date outside their race, have no idea they are being "oppressed".

Sometimes, It will take someone like yourself to bring it to his attention and help him through it. You see...You are the one who truly knows what being "free" looks like, smells like, taste like, for the most part. Are you willing to take up his struggle for him?

You as a white man have many priviledges he will never know. So realize the black man comes with a lot of baggage whether he is truthful about it or not.

It is still there.

If you are in denial...Then he definitely cant find "shelter from the storm" in your arms.

Oppression and Racism in America is complex and deep and it would take another individual who understands all it's evils to really help a black man through this, and to help him to create the "healthy ego" to "sustain a healthy relationship".

Do you have what it takes?...Are you willing to learn?...If not please don't come around pretending you want a "relationship'...When all you want is a "ride"...J.S
Okay, so when I first read this it turned me off a little. However, on a second reading I think I get the point a little more. I personally am not really interested in a relationship with a white person, just not my thing, however this is not a hard and fast rule for me. If I happen to find someone who will love and support me and if he happens to be white, I guess it will be cool. I do have a problem with white guys who say they only date black guys or black guys who only date white guys. Some of that stuff is like a bad porn movie (we all know the kind, white guys worshiping black guys with big penises etc.). I will not say that every interracial couple is together because of some fetish attraction, but when you enter into an interracial relationship (specifically the white/black thing) there should be some serious contemplation. I am painfully aware that racism/discrimination is still a tremendous problem in the country. However, I am choosing not to view myself as a victim or oppressed. I see myself as engaged in a struggle for justice. I also understand that the real color of liberation is green, it is about economic empowerment. Something that I am working on for myself in a real way, if we are can find ways to individually and collectively empower ourselves this will bring about change. The old saying goes like this, "money talks, bullshit walks".

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2015-02-09 18:42:53     Post subject: A Letter To The White Man ...

lovepeacesoul01 wrote:
1423360378 I've seen a lot of your comments...

When you say you are attracted to the "Black Man"...

Do you even understand who the "Black Man" is?

I advise most of the "Black Men" on this site to question the "validity" of a relationship with you!

I would want them to ask....

Are you truly interested in dating "The Black Man" for other than your own "selfish reasons?"

Do you really want to get to know this "man" and aide him in his struggles?

Because, If you really want to get to know him. You must first realize that most black men don't even know themselves, and most of the ones who choose to date outside their race, have no idea they are being "oppressed".

Sometimes, It will take someone like yourself to bring it to his attention and help him through it. You see...You are the one who truly knows what being "free" looks like, smells like, taste like, for the most part. Are you willing to take up his struggle for him?

You as a white man have many priviledges he will never know. So realize the black man comes with a lot of baggage whether he is truthful about it or not.

It is still there.

If you are in denial...Then he definitely cant find "shelter from the storm" in your arms.

Oppression and Racism in America is complex and deep and it would take another individual who understands all it's evils to really help a black man through this, and to help him to create the "healthy ego" to "sustain a healthy relationship".

Do you have what it takes?...Are you willing to learn?...If not please don't come around pretending you want a "relationship'...When all you want is a "ride"...J.S
jumpste wrote:
1423432861 Hacked: Yes I am..... I love my handsome piece of wonderful black man Smile He's supportive, respectful to our differences and most of all a good person. I love you baby

Love Tanner
lovepeacesoul01 wrote:

These white men are "Cray Cray"...lol

Did you even read what I wrote...This wasn't about how your "house slave" caters to "your ignorant ass"...This was how you plan on supporting "him"?

P.S. ...I'm glad you finally showed up...Now I know ole dude is "trifling"!!!

So are you saying that whites and blacks cannot be in a mutual relationship? That seems to be what you are suggesting by call Tanner's partner a house slave. If we follow this logic that would mean that it is pointless to talk about how a white man can support his black partner.

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2015-02-08 23:15:22     Post subject: A Letter To The White Man ...

justin26 wrote:
1423360378 Are you kidding me with this
Hello, I am sure this is taking you off guard a little (warning this is a really long statement, sorry). Racism in America has a very complicated history. As a person who grew up in the 60s and 70s in the north, my experience of racism was very different from my parents who grew up in the segregated south. I still remember all of the stories that my parents told me about their experiences growing up here in the south were we all live now. The south today is so very different from 60 years ago. However, I have had my own experiences of racism. I went to predominantly white schools for college and graduate school, I learned that the fate of black men on that level was very difficult, black men seem to have a very difficult time specially at the doctoral level. At this level racism, can present itself in some very subtle ways, when it happens everyone is left wondering what just happened to you or to one of your colleagues. Sometimes the people who engage in the acts of discrimination would not want to be characterized in this manner, they may not see themselves as racist, however, they do things that are underhanded, spiteful and down right evil. This is not to say that every white person in America is racist. Racism is a form of discrimination just as sexism and many other isms, therefore any human being should have the capacity to understand it, if they are willing to do the work and all human being have the capacity to be discriminatory. I remember speaking with a young white guy that I was working with he was clueless, questioning whether or not the racism that my black co-workers and I talked about really existed. This was because in his mostly white growing up experience he never had to deal with it, or see it acted out or deal with people who were victims of racism. There were a few black kids that grew up in his (mostly white) neighborhood, but he said that no one treated them badly, people didn't really think about that kind of thing. He was a completely nice guy, pleasant to be around and likeable, however, he was extremely naÔve about the experience of black people outside of his social circle.
FIRST, LET ME SAY THAT AS A BLACK MAN, I HAVE A LITTLE ISSUE WITH SOMEONE WHO SAYS THEY ARE "INTO BLACK MEN". If I am to enter a relationship with someone, I would hope that it would be someone who loves me for me, for as Dr. King would say, for the content of my character, not just for the skin that I am in or some stereo-typed fantasy of what my genitals are like or what it can do to or for you. If you are with someone who is black, I hope you are with him not because he is black, but because you believe that you can build a good like with this man, that you love one another and have some common ground that you are on together. I am a black man in America and I have been effected by racism, I have experienced overt racist acts and behaviors directed towards me. I have been called the "N word". However, I do not see myself as oppressed as the gentlemen has said. The truth is there are lots of interracial relationship, straight and gay. Human beings have the capacity to be attracted to and fall in love with people who are different from them, this being said, I believe it always take work to make these kind of relationships work. Being gay and involved in an interracial relationship is a double whammy. I have said a whole lot and I am so sorry for going on and on, but this is such a complex issue, I'm not sure our friends letter does or says enough to adequately express of the complexities of this issue. To me the letter presents white men who date black men almost as a caricature, this is what racism has done to black folks and in particular black men. If a person undertakes a relationship with someone of a different race or culture, then you have to be willing to learn about, understand and to some degree be involved in the issues that effect that person via his cultural/racial experience. To be a black man in America is definitely a unique experience. However, to see me only as a victim of racism or as someone who is oppressed is limited in so many ways, human beings are much more complex than that and there are so many more dimension to me than my experience of racism. The common ground that we all stand on is that we are human and as such we deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. You and your man should start with treating each other with dignity, and respect each other, I believe if you do this it will create a safe place to deal with whatever issue may arise (this is assuming you are in a relationship with a black man).

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2015-01-07 16:15:29     Post subject: I'm just not into black guys. Not sorry about it.

getitwet2x2009 wrote:
1419347997 Besides, who can't see the beauty in black skin? It's one of the most beautiful things in all of creation.

zokoyish wrote:
1420304454 The music background to that was actually good.
Wow, that is truly beautiful to watch. It is so interesting, their singing was so great. Thanks for the posting that!

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2015-01-03 00:34:38     Post subject: I'm just not into black guys. Not sorry about it.

3rdsun wrote:
1419347997 I also, think we have to look at peoples motives. If a person says they do not date blacks or they place in their profile "no blacks'. What is the motive? Are they saying this because they are racist and don't like black people? Or are they a person who is just not attracted to other races. One case would be racist and one would not be. I interact with, have had friendships with non-blacks but I am mostly attracted to black men, that is just my personal preference, it is not because I have a personal bias against other races. I don't hate white people or any other race or ethnic group. So it just depends on the person's motives.
bird-fu-doggyfu wrote:
1419540166 I can't see the motive in making it clear that you are excluding all but one race. You aren't doing that. The guy in the article is not only doing it, but is proud of doing it.
3rdsun wrote:
1419555519 My point is that it seems to me this guy is just saying he is not attracted to black, which is no big deal. Some people are not attracted to fat people, some are, so people not attracted to short people, some people are. If a person would but into his profile, not attracted to men under 5'5 would we be so upset or accuse the guy of being bigoted against short people or is he just a guy who is not attracted to short people? Guys on this site have lots of likes and dislikes, the younger guys often set age limits, such as no one over 35, some guys want only guys who are physically fit etc. These are all preference, sometimes they are annoying but they are what some guys prefer or what they don't prefer. If a guy is not into black guy, that is just what he does not prefer. If he was on a site saying that he hated all black people and everyone else should as well. If he was saying that the races should not mix or something like that, I would consider that racist. One guy saying that he is not into black guys is no big deal.
bird-fu-doggyfu wrote:
1419603174 Didn't he rule out all races that weren't White? Again, this isn't a preference. It's exclusion. Preference leaves open the opportunity for exceptions. This thread has forced racist Blacks to support racist Whites.
3rdsun wrote:
1419871599 I think we will just have to agree to disagree. I just don't see this as racist, especially because as a black man I am mostly not interested in white guys. Does that make me racist? Who you are attracted to sexually is not a political statement. Nor is it about race relations. When I have told guys that I am not really that interested in white guys, they have told me that I am racist, but I just don't think so. I don't mistreat or hate anyone because of their race, I just have my preferences, what I see as attractive. Like I said we will just have to agree to disagree on that one. If this guy is racist it is not because of who he is attracted to.
bird-fu-doggyfu wrote:
1419890272 You aren't totally excluding. He is.
3rdsun wrote:
1420180117 Still not racist!
bird-fu-doggyfu wrote:
1420181714 Well, one definition of racism is treating people differently based solely on their race.
3rdsun wrote:
1420256556 Homosexual men are not attracted to women. Are we biased because of that? This man is just not attracted to black men. Can he do something to make himself attracted to people for whom he has no attraction? He has told us that he hates black folk or mistreats or discriminates against them, he just does not want to date them.
bird-fu-doggyfu wrote:
1420260761 We are born with a sexual attraction for human males. I don't think we are born with a sexual attraction to only human males from 1 race.
Once again we simply agree to disagree. If the guy is not attracted to me because he is not attracted to black guys that is just him. When I think about attraction, I think about how it is for me. I am attracted to whom I am attracted to, it is not a political statement, it is how he feels, emotional and biological. I am not attracted to big guys, don't hate them, just not interested in dating them. Same thing!

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2015-01-02 21:42:36     Post subject: I'm just not into black guys. Not sorry about it.

3rdsun wrote:
1419347997 I also, think we have to look at peoples motives. If a person says they do not date blacks or they place in their profile "no blacks'. What is the motive? Are they saying this because they are racist and don't like black people? Or are they a person who is just not attracted to other races. One case would be racist and one would not be. I interact with, have had friendships with non-blacks but I am mostly attracted to black men, that is just my personal preference, it is not because I have a personal bias against other races. I don't hate white people or any other race or ethnic group. So it just depends on the person's motives.
bird-fu-doggyfu wrote:
1419540166 I can't see the motive in making it clear that you are excluding all but one race. You aren't doing that. The guy in the article is not only doing it, but is proud of doing it.
3rdsun wrote:
1419555519 My point is that it seems to me this guy is just saying he is not attracted to black, which is no big deal. Some people are not attracted to fat people, some are, so people not attracted to short people, some people are. If a person would but into his profile, not attracted to men under 5'5 would we be so upset or accuse the guy of being bigoted against short people or is he just a guy who is not attracted to short people? Guys on this site have lots of likes and dislikes, the younger guys often set age limits, such as no one over 35, some guys want only guys who are physically fit etc. These are all preference, sometimes they are annoying but they are what some guys prefer or what they don't prefer. If a guy is not into black guy, that is just what he does not prefer. If he was on a site saying that he hated all black people and everyone else should as well. If he was saying that the races should not mix or something like that, I would consider that racist. One guy saying that he is not into black guys is no big deal.
bird-fu-doggyfu wrote:
1419603174 Didn't he rule out all races that weren't White? Again, this isn't a preference. It's exclusion. Preference leaves open the opportunity for exceptions. This thread has forced racist Blacks to support racist Whites.
3rdsun wrote:
1419871599 I think we will just have to agree to disagree. I just don't see this as racist, especially because as a black man I am mostly not interested in white guys. Does that make me racist? Who you are attracted to sexually is not a political statement. Nor is it about race relations. When I have told guys that I am not really that interested in white guys, they have told me that I am racist, but I just don't think so. I don't mistreat or hate anyone because of their race, I just have my preferences, what I see as attractive. Like I said we will just have to agree to disagree on that one. If this guy is racist it is not because of who he is attracted to.
bird-fu-doggyfu wrote:
3rdsun wrote:
1420180117 Still not racist!
bird-fu-doggyfu wrote:
1420181714 Well, one definition of racism is treating people differently based solely on their race.
Homosexual men are not attracted to women. Are we biased because of that? This man is just not attracted to black men. Can he do something to make himself attracted to people for whom he has no attraction? He has told us that he hates black folk or mistreats or discriminates against them, he just does not want to date them.

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2015-01-02 00:28:37     Post subject: I'm just not into black guys. Not sorry about it.

3rdsun wrote:
bird-fu-doggyfu wrote:
3rdsun wrote:
bird-fu-doggyfu wrote:
3rdsun wrote:
bird-fu-doggyfu wrote:
Still not racist!

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2014-12-29 10:46:39     Post subject: I'm just not into black guys. Not sorry about it.

3rdsun wrote:
bird-fu-doggyfu wrote:
3rdsun wrote:
bird-fu-doggyfu wrote:
I think we will just have to agree to disagree. I just don't see this as racist, especially because as a black man I am mostly not interested in white guys. Does that make me racist? Who you are attracted to sexually is not a political statement. Nor is it about race relations. When I have told guys that I am not really that interested in white guys, they have told me that I am racist, but I just don't think so. I don't mistreat or hate anyone because of their race, I just have my preferences, what I see as attractive. Like I said we will just have to agree to disagree on that one. If this guy is racist it is not because of who he is attracted to.

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2014-12-25 18:58:39     Post subject: I'm just not into black guys. Not sorry about it.

3rdsun wrote:
bird-fu-doggyfu wrote:
My point is that it seems to me this guy is just saying he is not attracted to black, which is no big deal. Some people are not attracted to fat people, some are, so people not attracted to short people, some people are. If a person would but into his profile, not attracted to men under 5'5 would we be so upset or accuse the guy of being bigoted against short people or is he just a guy who is not attracted to short people? Guys on this site have lots of likes and dislikes, the younger guys often set age limits, such as no one over 35, some guys want only guys who are physically fit etc. These are all preference, sometimes they are annoying but they are what some guys prefer or what they don't prefer. If a guy is not into black guy, that is just what he does not prefer. If he was on a site saying that he hated all black people and everyone else should as well. If he was saying that the races should not mix or something like that, I would consider that racist. One guy saying that he is not into black guys is no big deal.

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2014-12-25 14:36:14     Post subject: I'm just not into black guys. Not sorry about it.

I also, think we have to look at peoples motives. If a person says they do not date blacks or they place in their profile "no blacks'. What is the motive? Are they saying this because they are racist and don't like black people? Or are they a person who is just not attracted to other races. One case would be racist and one would not be. I interact with, have had friendships with non-blacks but I am mostly attracted to black men, that is just my personal preference, it is not because I have a personal bias against other races. I don't hate white people or any other race or ethnic group. So it just depends on the person's motives.

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2014-12-25 14:01:57     Post subject: I'm just not into black guys. Not sorry about it.

gigglemaestro wrote:
1419347997 Thoughts on this article?

Iím a fit, masculine, relatively good-looking white top, 5 foot 10 inches, blue eyes, short hair. My tribe is ďclean cut,Ē and Iím one of those Grindr profiles you click that says ďwhite for white only.Ē You should see my message history: I get so many messages from people calling me racist, some of them black guys but also some from other races too (including white guys), and they constantly tell me that my personal preferences are racist, that Iím misguided, brainwashed. But the truth is much more straightforward: Iím just not attracted to black men.

Thereís something I canít explain that just doesnít feel a sexual attraction to them. You know, chemistry. Itís as simple as that. Iím not attracted to black guys in the same way that I donít like girls. Itís all a question of preference.

I know it wonít look great when I say Iím not racist because I have lots of black gay friends, but I do. We were all talking about this the other day at a dinner party because one of my black friends who, incidentally, only likes white guys, told me how much it hurts him to read profiles where guys say they arenít interested in black guys, or Asian guys, or whatever it is. He tells me that once he wrote a guy and the guy responded to him, in all caps, NO BLACK, as if he was shouting. Thankfully, my friend hasnít seen my Grindr profile a) because I blocked him ó weíre already friends and he doesnít need to know when Iím trolling for tail ó and b) because my pic is of my torso so he wouldnít know if it was me anyway.

He told me it makes him feel so undesirable, worthless, even invisible when he sees racial preferences in a personís profile.

So thatís when I told him that maybe he should put ďonly into white guysĒ to advertise that fact to prospective suitors. Surely there are white guys out there who like black dudes. He told me he tried that and got a shit ton of messages from black guys telling him he was racist against his own kind.

He asked me to think about how invisible he is in the gay world and told me about how he never feels beautiful or attractive because he might send 25 messages to hot white guys on Grindr, but almost none of them respond. As Iím hearing him say this I realize how easy it is for me to find someone to hook-up with. I make the mistake of admitting that when I write someone they typically respond right away, so I donít really understand what heís going through.

When I say this Iím immediately checked on my white privilege. Iím told that the reason I get messages right away is because Iím white, that most everyone wants a white guy, so people are thrilled that I give them the time of day. Being a white gay male, they tell me, means that I get the luxury of being picky and getting to choose the perfect sexual partner, whereas everybody else settles for whatever debris they can get (provided they are even into people outside of their race).

We continue talking and my friend goes on to say how mainstream gay culture is only for white gay men and there are no mainstream movie or television shows or pornography that eroticizes men of color the way that white guys are, and he tells me that people who are only into white guys are brainwashed by societal beauty norms. ďBut doesnít that mean youíre brainwashed, too?Ē I go. He agrees, then goes on a rant about how white beauty is idealized for everyone. He told me that if youíre into black men and youíre not black, itís almost as if you have some kind of fetish.

As I listened to him all I kept thinking to myself was that I donít mean to hurt anybodyís feelings. I put ďwhite for white onlyĒ in my profile because Grindr is not really the place to make friends or to set up meaningful connections. Itís a meat-market. People go on it knowing exactly what they want to find and will search for that and that alone until they find it, so listing personal preferences isnít about being racist as it is a way to weed people out and get the fast fix youíre seeking. When I go to McDonaldís I know exactly what Iím going to order, what tastes good to me, what I like, and I order that thing every time. I dip my fries in BBQ sauce every time, and thatís just the way it is.

I like white guys and I feel no remorse or guilt about that whatsoever. Iím white! But having black friends and latino friends and hearing them talk about the shitty gay world weíre in, Iíve been wondering if maybe I have been brainwashed in some way. I did grow up in a reaaaaaaalllllly white suburb, and no one in my family has ever dated outside of their race, and I do think my parents would freak out if I brought a black guy or an Asian guy home (theyíre ok with The Gay), and I do worry about cultural differences and whether we would have anything in common, and Iíve never seen a black dick before in real life and the thought of a different colored penis does sort of weird me out. But honestly, maybe itís just that I donít have the balls to try something I havenít tried before.

I think it's good that he's aware. He doesn't have to date black men. I grew up around 99% Caucasians, but I turned out liking all types of men. I am not enlightened because I do. It just means I am that much of a whore, maybe.

Granted, I do have reservations about dating a non-black man, but that doesn't have to do with attraction.

What bothers you more?

Black men not into black men?

Latinos not into black men?

Do you feel white guys not into black men are racist?

Personally, I have been an exception. As in black guys who are not typically into black guys have been into me, and racists of other races have wanted to date me. I suspect it is due to my personality, so..if you want somebody, try it. They just might let you be their exception.
3rdsun wrote:
1419409026 It is not racist to be attracted to or not attracted to black men. If you are a white guy and you are into other white guys, that is not racist at all. If you are a black man into white men, then that is just your business. People like what and whom they like. It is not racist to be attracted to specific kinds of people. However, I think it is a little interesting to white and not like white men or be black and not like black men, but to each his own, you like what you like and you love whom you love etc.
bird-fu-doggyfu wrote:
1419468601 Yea, using race as a sole factor in excluding all other races ain't one bit racist.
If someone is just not attracted to a certain race it is not racist, it is a preference. Honestly, for the most part I am not that attracted to white men. That is just my preference, that is just what it is. Racism is when I am denied rights that are due to me because of my race or ethnicity, such as education or fair and equable treatment under the law. If someone is not attracted to black men that is just his preference, I really don't care and it may be something but it is not racist.

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2014-12-24 02:17:06     Post subject: I'm just not into black guys. Not sorry about it.

gigglemaestro wrote:
1419347997 Thoughts on this article?

Iím a fit, masculine, relatively good-looking white top, 5 foot 10 inches, blue eyes, short hair. My tribe is ďclean cut,Ē and Iím one of those Grindr profiles you click that says ďwhite for white only.Ē You should see my message history: I get so many messages from people calling me racist, some of them black guys but also some from other races too (including white guys), and they constantly tell me that my personal preferences are racist, that Iím misguided, brainwashed. But the truth is much more straightforward: Iím just not attracted to black men.

Thereís something I canít explain that just doesnít feel a sexual attraction to them. You know, chemistry. Itís as simple as that. Iím not attracted to black guys in the same way that I donít like girls. Itís all a question of preference.

I know it wonít look great when I say Iím not racist because I have lots of black gay friends, but I do. We were all talking about this the other day at a dinner party because one of my black friends who, incidentally, only likes white guys, told me how much it hurts him to read profiles where guys say they arenít interested in black guys, or Asian guys, or whatever it is. He tells me that once he wrote a guy and the guy responded to him, in all caps, NO BLACK, as if he was shouting. Thankfully, my friend hasnít seen my Grindr profile a) because I blocked him ó weíre already friends and he doesnít need to know when Iím trolling for tail ó and b) because my pic is of my torso so he wouldnít know if it was me anyway.

He told me it makes him feel so undesirable, worthless, even invisible when he sees racial preferences in a personís profile.

So thatís when I told him that maybe he should put ďonly into white guysĒ to advertise that fact to prospective suitors. Surely there are white guys out there who like black dudes. He told me he tried that and got a shit ton of messages from black guys telling him he was racist against his own kind.

He asked me to think about how invisible he is in the gay world and told me about how he never feels beautiful or attractive because he might send 25 messages to hot white guys on Grindr, but almost none of them respond. As Iím hearing him say this I realize how easy it is for me to find someone to hook-up with. I make the mistake of admitting that when I write someone they typically respond right away, so I donít really understand what heís going through.

When I say this Iím immediately checked on my white privilege. Iím told that the reason I get messages right away is because Iím white, that most everyone wants a white guy, so people are thrilled that I give them the time of day. Being a white gay male, they tell me, means that I get the luxury of being picky and getting to choose the perfect sexual partner, whereas everybody else settles for whatever debris they can get (provided they are even into people outside of their race).

We continue talking and my friend goes on to say how mainstream gay culture is only for white gay men and there are no mainstream movie or television shows or pornography that eroticizes men of color the way that white guys are, and he tells me that people who are only into white guys are brainwashed by societal beauty norms. ďBut doesnít that mean youíre brainwashed, too?Ē I go. He agrees, then goes on a rant about how white beauty is idealized for everyone. He told me that if youíre into black men and youíre not black, itís almost as if you have some kind of fetish.

As I listened to him all I kept thinking to myself was that I donít mean to hurt anybodyís feelings. I put ďwhite for white onlyĒ in my profile because Grindr is not really the place to make friends or to set up meaningful connections. Itís a meat-market. People go on it knowing exactly what they want to find and will search for that and that alone until they find it, so listing personal preferences isnít about being racist as it is a way to weed people out and get the fast fix youíre seeking. When I go to McDonaldís I know exactly what Iím going to order, what tastes good to me, what I like, and I order that thing every time. I dip my fries in BBQ sauce every time, and thatís just the way it is.

I like white guys and I feel no remorse or guilt about that whatsoever. Iím white! But having black friends and latino friends and hearing them talk about the shitty gay world weíre in, Iíve been wondering if maybe I have been brainwashed in some way. I did grow up in a reaaaaaaalllllly white suburb, and no one in my family has ever dated outside of their race, and I do think my parents would freak out if I brought a black guy or an Asian guy home (theyíre ok with The Gay), and I do worry about cultural differences and whether we would have anything in common, and Iíve never seen a black dick before in real life and the thought of a different colored penis does sort of weird me out. But honestly, maybe itís just that I donít have the balls to try something I havenít tried before.

I think it's good that he's aware. He doesn't have to date black men. I grew up around 99% Caucasians, but I turned out liking all types of men. I am not enlightened because I do. It just means I am that much of a whore, maybe.

Granted, I do have reservations about dating a non-black man, but that doesn't have to do with attraction.

What bothers you more?

Black men not into black men?

Latinos not into black men?

Do you feel white guys not into black men are racist?

Personally, I have been an exception. As in black guys who are not typically into black guys have been into me, and racists of other races have wanted to date me. I suspect it is due to my personality, so..if you want somebody, try it. They just might let you be their exception.
It is not racist to be attracted to or not attracted to black men. If you are a white guy and you are into other white guys, that is not racist at all. If you are a black man into white men, then that is just your business. People like what and whom they like. It is not racist to be attracted to specific kinds of people. However, I think it is a little interesting to white and not like white men or be black and not like black men, but to each his own, you like what you like and you love whom you love etc.

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2014-12-09 09:08:13     Post subject: Racist At The White House!?

getitwet2x2009 wrote:

Code:
The Republican congressional aide who wrote a widely-disseminated Facebook post criticizing President Barack Obama's daughters says that she is resigning today.

Elizabeth Lauten, the communications director for Tennessee Rep. Steven Fincher, told NBC News by phone Monday that her resignation is already "in the works."

In a post that went viral over the weekend, Lauten wrote that Sasha and Malia Obama should have shown "a little class" during the annual Thanksgiving ceremony to pardon two turkeys at the White House.

"Rise to the occasion," she wrote. "Act like being in the White House matters to you. Dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar."

Lauten later deleted that post and penned an apology on Facebook, writing that she now sees "more clearly just how hurtful my words were."

Read more at: http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/elizabeth-lauten-gop-aide-who-criticized-obama-daughters-resign-n258931

Call me crazy, but I don't see anything wrong with dressing casually when someone other than you has welcomed live farm animals into your home.

Have these white people learned nothing during, since the dark ages? It was those very same unsanitary practices that cause every instance of plague in Europe, which the black moors had to educate them against.

Although, Obama isn't technically one of us, he is still a black man. Iit pains me to see that even from the highest office in the land, white people still manage to find a way to look down on people of color.
damnedindustry wrote:
1417479708 That's cool, that ho showed her true feelings and got a great big backlash from social media to be fired, but the ho resigned. I have no idea why white people think that they can say what they want, lash out and there not be any repurcussions. Those girls are tall and long legged, their dressing is perfect for their ages. Their behavior is that of teenage girls and they more than likely just like any teenagers don't want to hear their corny a$$ daddy joke.

That ho was way out of line, when the Bush ho's were out partying and drinking and getting drunk. The Kennedy kids were younger, but even they weren't perfect. And this ho went on to attack these kids and their parents, So it just goes to show that "they" white people, think they are better than blacks...that's just a given. That b!tch should've been fired if she hadn't resigned.
getitwet2x2009 wrote:
1417487962 You actually get it. We are a people that never have been much for pretentiousness, pomp and circumstance. I'm sure the girls thought to themselves, "I'm not dressing up to be around a damn farm animal!"

White people are all about keeping up the appearances regardless of how ridiculous it is. I'm not really sure why Obama would even continue such a ridiculous tradition when there are actually innocent people on death row who could use a presidential pardon.

The whole thing smacks of white supremacy cloaked in the trademark subtlety of white men. It's like they're rubbing freedom and justice in our faces. Hell! Even the bird is white, and I know damn well someone could've found a black turkey somewhere, headed for the dinner table to be pardoned.
damnedindustry wrote:
1417527460 Well I do get it, white people have been upset for as long as President Obama has been in office, and anything that they could dissect from this family they have and continue to do. Why, because President Obama has no skeletons, they had been searching and looking for something to find out on this man, including when he was in an interview and swatted a fly and killed it on camera, oh those white people went up. "Oh he killed a fly, he should've just fanned the poor little feller away, not kill it." He was on vacation in Hawaii, the camera's caught him wearing thong sandals and the media went up about, saying it was unacceptable - the man was on vacation, what is he suppose to wear a suit. Like I said, white people will try to tear the greatest black man down, and this President, is the closest thing to a perfect black man, married, no police record that has hindered him from being President, he has a great family, hold's the highest offce, he doesn't have several baby momma's and these crackers still aren't happy. That b!tch was jealous and angry that the Obama girls are in the White House, it had nothing to do with them making faces, because she went on the attack about their clothing, to their parents, so it was a bunch of anger that had built up and she blew. Her a$$ should never work again.
3rdsun wrote:
1417709013 Lets be clear it is the racist people in this country. Let's remember that it took lots of white votes to get Mr. Obama into the White House. So it is clearly not all white people. There is however a very vocal group of whites including many in congress that look for any opportunity to try and embarrass or discredit Mr. Obama in anyway. That woman was way out of line in her comments about the Obama children and her attack on the character of President and Mrs. Obama. Mr. Obama is the duly elected president of the United State and he is due the respect that office brings and he nor his family have done nothing to bring shame to the office or the white house. That chick should have been fired and she really was, she was basically forced to resigned (reading between the lines she was fired). As well she should have been, even the racist republicans knew she went too far! Note: I am not saying that all republicans are racist.
damnedindustry wrote:
1417740609 Sure, I know it took a lot of white votes, but also lets not forget, blacks turned out in record numbers to vote President Obama into the White House. Yes I realize the general term that they use when a person is given the option to resign or be terminated, so that the person will not mess up their retirement package etc. And yes he should be get the utmost respect being the Commander, but being a black man, he has been ridiculed far worse than any president of the united states, especially when being called a Nigger by members of the press, members of the parties and any white person that felt he should not be in the White House. I guarantee you that they will repaint, refurnish that entire white house once he's out of office.
3rdsun wrote:
1417758090 I agree with you and I think I said basically the same thing, the amount of scrutiny that he has been subject to has been enormous, and more than others. This president did not lead us into two wars that have dragged on for over ten years. The USA basically went in and overthrew a sovereign government. They have done everything to make him seem incompetent, to discredit him to paint him as anti-constitution, anti-American and anything else negative you can think of that is why there was such a strong reaction to the comments of this woman. Many of us like you are sick of the vocal minority trying to discredit him and attack his character. As far as when the Obamas leave the White House, when there is a change of Presidents there is always a redecorating or even remodeling so that will be no big deal, they won't go too far with that because the White House is basically a museum, that is a little bit much. The real issue is that I see so much anger toward President Obama and some of it right from the beginning some of the "republicans" were about to have a stroke when the man go into the office. Some of the ways they come at him seems like hate to me. So I really think there is some racism in the mix somewhere (that is a bit of sarcasm).
damnedindustry wrote:
1417831028 So True. Yea I knew about the redecorating of the White House when a new Family moves in, I was being sarcastic when I said they will actually, take down wall paper, fumigate, refurnish etc., because black folk laid there heads there. You know how stupid they are, back in the slave days blacks could cook, clean, birth and raise their children and live certain parts of the big plantations, while other slaves weren't allowed inside, It shows how their frame of mind works or their beginning phase of dividing us as a people. Some whites were okay with voting Obama in, but they were unsure of what he would do, and if there would be an uprising of blacks since he as a black man would be president. His administration would be of various races and gender, which I applauded him for because it showed is view of the world as not just black and white. Like you said, they hate him, not because of his ideals so much, but more for the fact that they wanted him so bad to have skeletons in his closet that they could use to tear him down, but there were none. So they started tearing down his agenda, making him seem like he was not working with the Republicans and that he was overriding the ideals of bringing the two parties together. So it's hate and a vendetta to ensure that he leaves office without a legacy and that he has done none of the things he promised a Predient, including his Affordable Health Care Obamacare . They want to rid the people of this, to include his name being attached to it. They are some very vindictive and evil people. I can truly see he's tired of dealing with them, and Michelle can't hide her frustration..and one would have to heave a very strong back to deal with what I'm sure they are putting them through. I remember a friend of mines pastor talked to President Obama his first year in office, and he and the pastor talked a long time, and he told him that he needed a lot of prayer because people don't know what they are taking him through. So the pastor that Sunday told his congregation about the conversation and that we all need to pray for our President. And I can definitely understand what he's going through because they can be some of the most pettiest, selfish, vendictive group of people on this earth.
Sometimes I am a little to serious. LOL!

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2014-12-04 23:41:30     Post subject: Racist At The White House!?

getitwet2x2009 wrote:

Code:
The Republican congressional aide who wrote a widely-disseminated Facebook post criticizing President Barack Obama's daughters says that she is resigning today.

Elizabeth Lauten, the communications director for Tennessee Rep. Steven Fincher, told NBC News by phone Monday that her resignation is already "in the works."

In a post that went viral over the weekend, Lauten wrote that Sasha and Malia Obama should have shown "a little class" during the annual Thanksgiving ceremony to pardon two turkeys at the White House.

"Rise to the occasion," she wrote. "Act like being in the White House matters to you. Dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar."

Lauten later deleted that post and penned an apology on Facebook, writing that she now sees "more clearly just how hurtful my words were."

Read more at: http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/elizabeth-lauten-gop-aide-who-criticized-obama-daughters-resign-n258931

Call me crazy, but I don't see anything wrong with dressing casually when someone other than you has welcomed live farm animals into your home.

Have these white people learned nothing during, since the dark ages? It was those very same unsanitary practices that cause every instance of plague in Europe, which the black moors had to educate them against.

Although, Obama isn't technically one of us, he is still a black man. Iit pains me to see that even from the highest office in the land, white people still manage to find a way to look down on people of color.
damnedindustry wrote:
1417479708 That's cool, that ho showed her true feelings and got a great big backlash from social media to be fired, but the ho resigned. I have no idea why white people think that they can say what they want, lash out and there not be any repurcussions. Those girls are tall and long legged, their dressing is perfect for their ages. Their behavior is that of teenage girls and they more than likely just like any teenagers don't want to hear their corny a$$ daddy joke.

That ho was way out of line, when the Bush ho's were out partying and drinking and getting drunk. The Kennedy kids were younger, but even they weren't perfect. And this ho went on to attack these kids and their parents, So it just goes to show that "they" white people, think they are better than blacks...that's just a given. That b!tch should've been fired if she hadn't resigned.
getitwet2x2009 wrote:
1417487962 You actually get it. We are a people that never have been much for pretentiousness, pomp and circumstance. I'm sure the girls thought to themselves, "I'm not dressing up to be around a damn farm animal!"

White people are all about keeping up the appearances regardless of how ridiculous it is. I'm not really sure why Obama would even continue such a ridiculous tradition when there are actually innocent people on death row who could use a presidential pardon.

The whole thing smacks of white supremacy cloaked in the trademark subtlety of white men. It's like they're rubbing freedom and justice in our faces. Hell! Even the bird is white, and I know damn well someone could've found a black turkey somewhere, headed for the dinner table to be pardoned.
damnedindustry wrote:
1417527460 Well I do get it, white people have been upset for as long as President Obama has been in office, and anything that they could dissect from this family they have and continue to do. Why, because President Obama has no skeletons, they had been searching and looking for something to find out on this man, including when he was in an interview and swatted a fly and killed it on camera, oh those white people went up. "Oh he killed a fly, he should've just fanned the poor little feller away, not kill it." He was on vacation in Hawaii, the camera's caught him wearing thong sandals and the media went up about, saying it was unacceptable - the man was on vacation, what is he suppose to wear a suit. Like I said, white people will try to tear the greatest black man down, and this President, is the closest thing to a perfect black man, married, no police record that has hindered him from being President, he has a great family, hold's the highest offce, he doesn't have several baby momma's and these crackers still aren't happy. That b!tch was jealous and angry that the Obama girls are in the White House, it had nothing to do with them making faces, because she went on the attack about their clothing, to their parents, so it was a bunch of anger that had built up and she blew. Her a$$ should never work again.
3rdsun wrote:
1417709013 Lets be clear it is the racist people in this country. Let's remember that it took lots of white votes to get Mr. Obama into the White House. So it is clearly not all white people. There is however a very vocal group of whites including many in congress that look for any opportunity to try and embarrass or discredit Mr. Obama in anyway. That woman was way out of line in her comments about the Obama children and her attack on the character of President and Mrs. Obama. Mr. Obama is the duly elected president of the United State and he is due the respect that office brings and he nor his family have done nothing to bring shame to the office or the white house. That chick should have been fired and she really was, she was basically forced to resigned (reading between the lines she was fired). As well she should have been, even the racist republicans knew she went too far! Note: I am not saying that all republicans are racist.
damnedindustry wrote:
1417740609 Sure, I know it took a lot of white votes, but also lets not forget, blacks turned out in record numbers to vote President Obama into the White House. Yes I realize the general term that they use when a person is given the option to resign or be terminated, so that the person will not mess up their retirement package etc. And yes he should be get the utmost respect being the Commander, but being a black man, he has been ridiculed far worse than any president of the united states, especially when being called a Nigger by members of the press, members of the parties and any white person that felt he should not be in the White House. I guarantee you that they will repaint, refurnish that entire white house once he's out of office.
I agree with you and I think I said basically the same thing, the amount of scrutiny that he has been subject to has been enormous, and more than others. This president did not lead us into two wars that have dragged on for over ten years. The USA basically went in and overthrew a sovereign government. They have done everything to make him seem incompetent, to discredit him to paint him as anti-constitution, anti-American and anything else negative you can think of that is why there was such a strong reaction to the comments of this woman. Many of us like you are sick of the vocal minority trying to discredit him and attack his character. As far as when the Obamas leave the White House, when there is a change of Presidents there is always a redecorating or even remodeling so that will be no big deal, they won't go too far with that because the White House is basically a museum, that is a little bit much. The real issue is that I see so much anger toward President Obama and some of it right from the beginning some of the "republicans" were about to have a stroke when the man go into the office. Some of the ways they come at him seems like hate to me. So I really think there is some racism in the mix somewhere (that is a bit of sarcasm).

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2014-12-04 14:05:47     Post subject: Racist At The White House!?

mr2good14 wrote:
1417479138 [/fon3t] ONE STUPID PERSON DOESN'T SPEAK FOR A ENTIRE RACE OF PEOPLE
So please kill it about white people as a group all because of. A individual
Who happened to be white voiced her opinion and now lost her job Wich I don't
Believe is fair at all
3rdsun wrote:
1417710201 As I just said in response to someone else, I know not all white folks are racist. Many people and ethic/racial groups have racist attitudes. However, I do believe there has been a lot of racist attitudes expressed toward this president. Also, the republican machine is always on the attack against a democratic president, they seem to specialize in dirty tricks. They can't come up with any scandal to distract him or the country so they find anything they can to try and make him look bad. They don't want to work with him on developing policies and laws and they blame him for not working with them. John Boehner said that his goal was to ensure that Mr. Obama was a one term president, he has openly and actively worked against this president in every way. I think some of the vitriol and anger is true racism. LET ME BE CLEAR I KNOW NOT ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE AGAINST MR. OBAMA NOR ARE ALL WHITE PEOPLE RACIST!
mr2good14 wrote:
1417720351 Never said that you called all white people racist...dweeb what I said
Stop putting everyone I one category and that wasn't totally directed at just
You
I didn't take it that way at all. I was agreeing with you that we need to be careful about the generalizations. So of he comments that I have read have been a little sweeping as in saying "white people this" or "white people that". That was all I was saying. I agree with what you said 100%. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding of what I said or if I was not clear.

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2014-12-04 10:23:21     Post subject: Racist At The White House!?

mr2good14 wrote:
1417479138 [/fon3t] ONE STUPID PERSON DOESN'T SPEAK FOR A ENTIRE RACE OF PEOPLE
So please kill it about white people as a group all because of. A individual
Who happened to be white voiced her opinion and now lost her job Wich I don't
Believe is fair at all
As I just said in response to someone else, I know not all white folks are racist. Many people and ethic/racial groups have racist attitudes. However, I do believe there has been a lot of racist attitudes expressed toward this president. Also, the republican machine is always on the attack against a democratic president, they seem to specialize in dirty tricks. They can't come up with any scandal to distract him or the country so they find anything they can to try and make him look bad. They don't want to work with him on developing policies and laws and they blame him for not working with them. John Boehner said that his goal was to ensure that Mr. Obama was a one term president, he has openly and actively worked against this president in every way. I think some of the vitriol and anger is true racism. LET ME BE CLEAR I KNOW NOT ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE AGAINST MR. OBAMA NOR ARE ALL WHITE PEOPLE RACIST!

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2014-12-04 10:03:33     Post subject: Racist At The White House!?

getitwet2x2009 wrote:

Code:

damnedindustry wrote:

getitwet2x2009 wrote:

damnedindustry wrote:
Lets be clear it is the racist people in this country. Let's remember that it took lots of white votes to get Mr. Obama into the White House. So it is clearly not all white people. There is however a very vocal group of whites including many in congress that look for any opportunity to try and embarrass or discredit Mr. Obama in anyway. That woman was way out of line in her comments about the Obama children and her attack on the character of President and Mrs. Obama. Mr. Obama is the duly elected president of the United State and he is due the respect that office brings and he nor his family have done nothing to bring shame to the office or the white house. That chick should have been fired and she really was, she was basically forced to resigned (reading between the lines she was fired). As well she should have been, even the racist republicans knew she went too far! Note: I am not saying that all republicans are racist.

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2014-11-06 14:04:40     Post subject: Happy Post-Election Day!

cosber wrote:
1415197634 Don't forget to set your clocks back 40 years in honor of the new senate!

Have a blessed hump day! Such a wonderful day to be an American and an American of color at that.

I am so very disappointed. I live in South Carolina and it was a Republican sweep in this state. I am must upset about the Senate because they will now give Mr. Obama pure hell for the next two years. Their goal is to make him look inept in every way. They will not work with him and they will not compromise at all.

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2013-11-23 17:07:14     Post subject: What Type Of Guys Do You Attract?

dquell wrote:
1384317019 It seems I always attract the weirdos who haven't had sex in ages and twice my age. It's a little disturbing. What type of men do you attract????
3rdsun wrote:
1384335934 For me it is really fat guys. I nothing against fat people just not a sexual interest of mine for the most part. I am talking the guys and sometimes even girls in the 300+ range. They always seem to be attracted to me. Then there are the guys who are much older than me
dquell wrote:
1384365234 I feel you on that bruh. We always attract the types that we're not attracted to for some odd reason...
I just turned 50 last week here's hoping that the next 50 years goes a little differently LOL!

3rdsun

Senior

Summerton
South Carolina
United States

PostPosted: 2013-11-16 20:01:28     Post subject: What Type Of Guys Do You Attract?

dquell wrote:
1384317019 It seems I always attract the weirdos who haven't had sex in ages and twice my age. It's a little disturbing. What type of men do you attract????
3rdsun wrote:
1384335934 For me it is really fat guys. I nothing against fat people just not a sexual interest of mine for the most part. I am talking the guys and sometimes even girls in the 300+ range. They always seem to be attracted to me. Then there are the guys who are much older than me
dquell wrote:
1384365234 I feel you on that bruh. We always attract the types that we're not attracted to for some odd reason...
The funny/sad thing is that when I try to nicely tell them "thanks but no thanks", they get mad with me like I did something or mislead them in some way. When I tell them right up front I am just not interested. There are people out there who see me and don't like what they see, if it is someone I want to like me then I am obviously disappointed but I can't get mad at someone for liking what they like or in this case not liking what they don't like. Everyone has a prefence. To quote one of my students "At least I'm being honest"!
First Page 1 2 3 4 5 Last Page 

Change Online Status: Status Update: