Search

POST NEWChiboi4u's Posts
Forum :  Topic : 

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2017-01-02 22:58:55     Post subject: A Fresh Perspective...About Kim Burrell's Rant....

My response as published at http://gbmnews.com/wp/archives/22894

I woke up this morning to the maelstrom created by Pastor Kim Burrell and her virulently homophobic sermon. While my first thought was to ignore the matter, the reality is that as an openly queer African American pastor, I have a dog in the show, particularly because there was a time in my own life when I believed the very things Pastor Burrell preaches. A son of the traditional Black Church, I realized from an early age that my faith community did not affirm alternative sexual expression, relegated men and women to defined roles and required conformity to a strict adherence to what the Bible said. My spiritual formation was heavily influenced by models created by white theologians living in Europe and North America and held little regard for other cultural, sociological, theological or gender points-of-view.

As a young person, I loved God with my whole heart, yet I completely bought into an oppressive theology that affirmed that God did not and could not love me because I was gay, a sinner, and destined for hell. Therefore, rather than living honestly and with integrity, I engaged in a pattern of “church don’t ask, don’t tell” behavior and lived on the “spiritual down low” while pursuing a call to ordained ministry. I was licensed to preach at the historic Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church under the pastorate of the Rev. Dr. Clay Evans at the age of eighteen and for many years ministered within African American evangelical Protestant churches, while not feeling worthy of my pastoral calling. I felt torn between being a member of the African American same gender loving community and the Black Church. Having to combat tropes and stereotypes made it extremely difficult to find a home in either community. I spent many days feeling a painful combination of anger, shame, and sadness. I did not want to live, attempted to take my life, but could not die.

It was only when I began to shed the oppressive theologies that I had grown up with, that I learned that God is neither punitive nor petty. Reading books authored by Herndon L. Davis (Black, Gay and Christian), Bishop Yvette Flunder (Where the Edge Gathers: Building a Community of Inclusion), Dr. Horace L. Griffin (Their Own Receive Them Not: African American Lesbians and Gays in Black Churches), and Dr. Cheryl B. Anderson (Ancient Laws and Contemporary Controversies: The Need for Inclusive Interpretation) have been foundational in helping me to develop a personal theology of acceptance. Exposure to the affirming ministries of Rev. Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr. (Trinity UCC), Bishop Phyllis Pennese (Pillar of Love Fellowship UCC), Rev. Edwin Sanders (Metropolitan Interdenominational Church and Rev. Dr. Sharon Ellis Davis (God Can Ministries UCC) have created a safe space for me to live authentically as African American queer person. Lastly, my matriculation to the Samuel DeWitt Proctor School of Theology, taught me that I also have the privilege of creating and engaging in theology, rather than just assimilating and regurgitating credos learned from my youth.

While the flames of indignation burn brightly concerning Pastor Burrell’s and others rhetoric, I am reminded that it is paramount that African American queer folk create and sustain ministries that are places of radical inclusion, extravagant welcome and relentless hospitality. We must stop supporting pastors and ministries that feed our egos while starving our souls. There are pastors, churches, ministries, faith based organizations and fellowships that will not prostitute us or the gifts that God has graced us with. It's time to come home... for all things have been made ready. Come home.
Forum :  Topic : Represent your Degrees & Diplomas!!!

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2015-12-16 19:35:58     Post subject: Represent your Degrees & Diplomas!!!

2015-12-15 03:21:25

Associate of Arts (Liberal Arts) - 1995
Associate of Arts (Business Administration) - 2000
Bachelor of Science (Business Management) - 2000
Masters of Divinity (Systematic Theology) - 2014
Doctorate of Ministry - 2018

2015-12-15 23:04:08

Wow, are you going to open up a church?
Congratulations and blessings going for your doctorate!

I'm bi-vocational and currently pastoring a congregation.
Forum :  Topic : Represent your Degrees & Diplomas!!!

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2015-12-15 22:29:35     Post subject: Represent your Degrees & Diplomas!!!

Associate of Arts (Liberal Arts) - 1995
Associate of Arts (Business Administration) - 2000
Bachelor of Science (Business Management) - 2000
Masters of Divinity (Systematic Theology) - 2014
Doctorate of Ministry - 2019

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2014-08-20 18:29:04     Post subject: i had no idea Rally's was Checker's.

They weren't always the same company. They merged about 10 years ago.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2013-04-21 03:09:17     Post subject: Has anybody ever met a Celebrity?

Politicians
President Obama (when he was a State Senator)
Rev. Jesse Jackson
Jesse Jackson, Jr.

Recording Artists
Mary Mary
Vickie Winans
Martha Wash
R. Kelly
Kirk Franklin
Beyonce
Karen Clark Sheard
Gene Viale

Actors
Countess Vaughn
Mel Jackson
T'Keyah Crystal Keymah
Chip Fields
Forum : Religion Topic : WHICH CHRISTIAN DENOMINATION OR RELIGION DO YOU BELONG TO?

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2012-06-16 20:30:29     Post subject: WHICH CHRISTIAN DENOMINATION OR RELIGION DO YOU BELONG TO?

United Church of Christ
Forum :  Topic : Are you Going To Church???

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2012-06-10 10:18:25     Post subject: Are you Going To Church???

Enroute to God Can Ministries UCC in the next hour.
Forum : General Discussions Topic : 

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2012-02-11 20:33:05     Post subject: How do you feel about Whitney Houston's Death?

I am deeply saddened at the transition of Whitney Elizabeth Houston. She provided the soundtrack of my life. A beautiful and talented woman, my thoughts and prayers go out to her friends and family.
Forum : General Discussions Topic : MAN TITTS

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2011-08-12 00:15:48     Post subject:

The condition is called gynecomastia. It's not as rare as one would think. Although it would seem as if the brothers cited in the interview have extreme cases of the disorder.
Forum : Music Topic : RACISM IN DISNEY

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2011-08-10 22:25:25     Post subject:

Parental Death
Bambi: Bambi is told by his father, that his mother was shot by hunters
Lion King: Simba had two parents, his father Mufasa was murdered
The Jungle Book: Mowglis parents are gone
Tarzan: Young Tarzan is adopted by Kala after his parents are killed in a leopard attack
Dinosaur: Aladars mother is killed in a Carnotaur attack
The Hunchback of Notre Dame: Quasimodos parents are ambushed by Judge Frollo
Atlantis: Milos father is alone
Finding Nemo: Nemos mother is killed before he is born
The Fox and The Hound: Tod is taken in after his mother is killed by a hunter
Pollyanna: Lost both of her parents

Child Abandonment
Peter Pan: Lost boy, a.k.a. Orphan
Oliver & Company: Homeless kitten meets homeless gang of dogs
The Rescuers: Bernard and Bianca venture to rescue a little orphan girl
Lilo & Stitch: Only Lilo and her sister Nani

Single Parent Family
Dumbo: Mrs. Jumbo is all alone
Toy Story: Never saw Andys father
Pocahontas: Her single father Powhatan
Beauty & The Beast: Belles single father Maurice
The Little Mermaid: King Triton has no Queen
Aladdin: Jasmines father, The Sultan, has no wife
Pinnochio: He only has a creepy father
Snow White: Snow White has The Evil Queen as her stepmother
Cinderella: Lady Tremaine is Cinderellas evil stepmother
Mary Poppins: Nanny to children of a Banker
Chicken Little: Single father Buck Cluck
The Parent Trap: Single Parents are united by their children
The Mighty Ducks: Charlies single mom almost hooks up with Coach Bombay who only had a father
Pirates of the Caribbean: Elizabeth Swann and Will Turner only have fathers

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2011-04-17 06:55:26     Post subject:

1 and she knows about my sexuality and is fine with it.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2011-03-05 16:38:44     Post subject:

Miracle Whip all the way.
Forum : General Discussions II Topic : 

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2011-03-05 01:03:03     Post subject:

Just one...........my Man.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2011-02-01 19:42:37     Post subject:

My guy and I have been together for nearly ten years, got married in Acapulco last year and will have a civil union in June of this year.
Forum : Religion Topic : 

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2010-10-22 19:16:32     Post subject:

The following is an annotated list of the most popular modern English translations.

Contemporary English Version (CEV), is a completely new translation published by the American Bible Society in 1995. Originally intended as a children's translation, it uses a very simple, contemporary style. It is independent of traditional translations and freer of "biblical" terms. This is an especially good translation for people who speak English as a second language.

English Standard Version (ESV) is an "essentially new literal translation" follows the tradition of the King James, American Standard Version, and Revised Standard Version. Published in 2001 by Crossway, it was developed by a translation team of more than 100 scholars, with the goal of being very accurate (word for word), and yet very readable.

Good News Bible (Today's English Version) (TEV), completed in 1976, was translated by Robert G. Bratcher with six other scholars. This very free, though very accurate, translation avoids the use of traditional biblical vocabulary and communicates especially well with youth and the unchurched. Also published by the American Bible Society.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB) is another new word-for-word translation that strives to be both literally accurate and readable. It is not as literal as the ESV or NASB, but is more so than the NIV. The Holman published by Broadman & Holman in 2003, is the product of nearly 100 scholars.

The Living Bible (LB), completed in 1971, is Kenneth N. Taylor's paraphrase of the American Standard Version. Easy to read and once immensely popular, it is often criticized for adding too much commentary to the biblical text. Published by Tyndale House, although apparently no longer available from them.

The Message (Msg) - Eugene Peterson completed this paraphrase of the entire Bible in 2002. Peterson takes great liberties with words in his attempt to effectively communicate both the original thoughts and tone of the Scripture. The result is a very earthy, informal language. Published by NavPress.

New American Standard Bible (NASB) - completed in 1971, was produced by 54 conservative Protestant scholars sponsored by the Lockman Foundation. This version is very literal in vocabulary and word order, although the resulting English is quite wooden. It often is preferred by those who want an English version that reflects the grammar of the original. An Update was published in 1995 which seeks to use more modern English while preserving the literal nature of the translation.

New International Version (NIV), completed in 1978, was the product of 115 evangelical scholars. Within a decade it became the best-selling English version. It combines contemporary, literary English with traditional biblical vocabulary. The NIV is copyrighted by the International Bible Society.

New King James Version (NKJV), released in 1982, involved 119 contributors. It updates the vocabulary and grammar of the King James Version, while preserving the classic style and beauty. Although it uses the same Hebrew and Greek texts as the original, it indicates where other manuscripts differ. Published by Thomas Nelson.

New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) of 1985 revised and updated the text and notes of the Jerusalem Bible of 1966. This version, translated by two Catholic scholars, is an elegant, literary rendering (perhaps the most poetic since the KJV). The notes reflect a modern, liberal perspective.

New Living Translation (NLT), published in 1996, is the product of 90 Bible scholars from around the world, from various theological backgrounds and denominations. This is a very readable translation, while remaining more faithful to the original texts than the Living Bible (see above). Also published by Tyndale.

New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) - published in 1989 by the National Council of Churches, revises the Revised Standard Version of 1952. While following the literal tradition of the RSV, the NRSV eliminates much of the archaic language. One distinctive is the use of gender inclusive pronouns to replace male pronouns when the original writers meant both men and women. The NRSV does not change masculine pronouns referring to God, however.

Revised English Bible (REB), completed in 1989, is a thorough revision of the New English Bible. Like the original, it was translated by a committee of British scholars, representing all the major Christian traditions in the United Kingdom. The more archaic language was omitted and a more conservative approach was taken toward some of the difficult passages. Many readers find it to be an excellent translation for personal reading and study, though its British idioms make it less popular in the U.S.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2010-09-06 15:15:35     Post subject:

We had the MacBook Pro and IPad and the Sony VAIO, HP and Dell notebooks

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2010-08-03 00:43:28     Post subject:

May the blessings of God that make one rich and add no sorrow be yours today and forevermore.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2010-07-25 19:15:24     Post subject:

I have five and my guy has nine. Both of us plan on getting more.
Forum : General Discussions Topic : WAS JESUS KILLED BECAUSE HE WAS GAY?

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2010-07-09 19:27:42     Post subject:

home21 wrote:
as funny as this is to me(and it's is funny as hell) I know from church history that this was a question that they did have to deal with because because John is called the one who Jesus loved a few times in the bible and because in one of the deaths of jesus in the text a random naked man is running past crying and people say this may have been his lover others say it may have been John, but how straight can he be? he was a 33 year old virgin(and i use that in a long way)who walked around with 12 other virgins all the time... sounds gay to me
Jesus remained unmarried. As for the disciples, some of them such as Peter were married. The gospels speak of Jesus healing Peter's mother-in-law.
Forum : General Discussions Topic : WAS JESUS KILLED BECAUSE HE WAS GAY?

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2010-07-09 19:20:37     Post subject:

anti-intellect wrote:
heckatight2010 wrote:
The "disciple whom he loved" being John is no more a plausible thought than the "disciple whom he loved" being Mary who washed his feet.

It's all conjecture because no where in the text does it plainly suggest either.

One's social location dictates interpretation. If you feel so moved to believe it was because of a homosexual relationship, that's fine. But if you believe that that interpretation is the sole and proper interpretation superior to others, thats where I have to get off board.
I just asked a question.

I never said anything was superior to anything.
I actually had a similar conversation with several members of my church leadership team last Sunday afternoon. The conversation was very uncomfortable for many, yet liberating for others. We should be clear that the Scriptures do not speak of sexual orientation in any form. They speak of sexual activity and behavior. As such, we don't know if Jesus was heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, asexual or intersexed. The problem for many of us is that we find it impossible to image God as being anything other than what is found in the dominant culture.
Forum : General Discussions Topic : THE REAL TEA ON JESUS!

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-11-14 21:58:19     Post subject:

anti-intellect wrote:
Jesus was born to an un-wed mother, within a minority framework, under Roman occupation, with a repressive government. Then at the age of 33 (like many black men) he was tried in a mock court, by a biased jury and corrupt judge, and sentence to capital punishment.
Your exegesis (interpretation) is right on!

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-11-01 20:19:40     Post subject:

jiggah08 wrote:
NO, I DONT THINK SO BECAUSE GOD MADE ME DIS WAY, AND I BELIEVE IN HIM AND HE ABIDES IM ME AS WELL, SO IF I GO TO HELL FOR BEING GAY, IMMA BUSS IT WIDE OPEN WIT A PAIR OF GASOLINE DRAWS ON.....
The sum of who God feels about us is encapsulated in John 3:16, 17, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten so, that whosoever believes on Him would not perish but have everlasting life. For the Father sent His Son not to condemn the world but the world through Him might be saved."

Another great verse about God's love is found in Romans 5:8, "But God commended his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." In this verse and in John 3:16, we find no conditions placed on God's love for us. God doesn't say, "as soon as you clean up your act, I'll love you; " nor does He say, "I'll sacrifice my Son if you promise to love Me." In fact, in Romans 5:8, we find just the opposite. God wants us to know that His love is unconditional, so He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for us while we were still unlovable sinners. We didn't have to get clean, and we didn't have to make any promises to God before we could experience His love. His love for us has always existed, and because of that, He did all the giving and sacrificing long before we were even aware that we needed His love.
Forum : General Discussions Topic : CAN A MAN FUC ANOTHER MAN AND STILL BE STRAIGHT

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-10-09 21:15:08     Post subject:

Sexual orientation, as defined by the APA, is "distinguished by an enduring emotional, romantic, sexual or affectionate attraction to individuals of a particular gender.

The three commonly recognized aspects of sexual orientation are heterosexuality (sexual attraction to people of the opposite gender), bisexuality (sexual attraction to people of both the male and female gender), and homosexuality (sexual attraction to members of the same gender).

Sexual orientation differs from sexual behavior in that it involves an individual's feelings and perception of their own sexuality.

Sexual identity is a term that, like sex, has two distinctively different meanings. One describes an identity roughly based on sexual orientation, the other an identity based on sexual characteristics, which is not socially based but based on biology, a concept related to, but different from, gender identity.

Sexual identity describes how persons identify their own sexuality. This may or may not relate to actual sexual orientation. Sexual identity is more closely related to sexual behavior than sexual orientation is.

Sexual behavior or sexual practices or sexual activities refers to the manner in which humans experience and express their sexuality. It encompasses a wide range of activities, such as strategies to find or attract partners (mating and display behavior), interactions between individuals, physical or emotional intimacy, and sexual contact.
Forum : General Discussions Topic : Obama Won't Stop Telling Lies

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-09-11 19:24:32     Post subject:

lj20851 wrote:
chiboi4u wrote:
lj20851 wrote:
The Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) is the governments second largest government agency, second only to the Department of Defense. The Veterans Health Administration (VHA), a government controlled single-payer system, which the President is a proponent of, has a 2009 annual budget of $44.5 billion, while providing healthcare to 7.85 million patients. As large as it is, it pales in comparison to the population of the United States, which last estimates reported to be over 308 million. Do the math. $44.5 billion divided by 7.85 billion patients equates to $5,669 per patient, per year. Can the private sector compete with those numbers?

A larger problem arises based on President Obamas statement today. The president claims that he can cover an additional 46 million people on a budget of $80 to $90 billion dollars a year (which we do not have). Do the math. That equates to $1,739 to $1,956 per person. These are real numbers, they do not lie. This does not take into account the millions of people that will be thrust into the system for a variety of reasons, and the cost to insure them..

To put this into perspective, the VA spends half that amount ($44.5 billion) to cover only 7.85 million people, yet the President is raising the VAs budget in 2010 to $52.5 billion, a 10% increase. By comparison, his claims do not make sense. A long standing government controlled health care system operates on a budget that equates to $5,669 per person, yet they need a raise to increase the quality of care, while the president claims he can operate the same type of government controlled health care system, operating on a budget that equates to $1,739 to $1,956 per person, per year.
If you are going to provide information about the Department of Veterans
Affairs you should be completely honest and give all of the information:

The Department of Veteran Affaris has three main subdivisions, known as Administrations, each headed by an Undersecretary:

Veterans Health Administration - responsible for providing health care in all its forms, as well as for medical research, Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs), and Regional Medical Centers.

Veterans Benefits Administration - responsible for initial veteran registration, eligibility determination, and five key lines of business (benefits and entitlements): Home Loan Guaranty, Insurance, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, Education (GI Bill), and Compensation & Pension

National Cemetery Administration - responsible for providing burial and memorial benefits, as well as for maintenance of VA cemeteries

The Department of Veteran Affairs had a 2009 budget of about $87.6 billion that coverered and array of services to include education, home loans, deferred compensation, pension, survivors' benefits, burial, vocational rehabilitation, employment, and life insurance.

Veterans Health Administration while a good model due to its ability to leverage cost containment on patient services it is not the only model. Another model would be the Federal Employee Health Benefits program. The Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) is a system of "managed competition" through which employee health benefits are provided to full-time permanent civilian employees and qualified retirees of the United States Government. The FEHBP allows insurance companies and employee associations such as labor unions to develop health, dental, and allied plans to be marketed to governmental employees.
I don't see how ANYTHING you wrote rebuts what that article stated. LOL The bottom line is the VA spends $44.5B of that budget on healthcare for 7.85M. That's high, absurd, and ridiculous.
While seeming intelligent, you possess an overall lack of understanding of the topic that your are speaking on at least from the perspective of the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA). In my humble opinion VA falls outside of the scope of your argument. VA provides services to a isolated segment of the population. It provides a full range of preventive outpatient and inpatient services within its own health care system. This health care system includes 1557 facilities making it the largest in the country. These include:

Preventive Care
Immunizations
Physical Examinations
Health Care Assessments
Screening Tests
Health Education Programs

Ambulatory (Outpatient) Diagnostic and Treatment Services
Emergency outpatient care in VA facilities
Medical
Surgical (including reconstructive/plastic surgery as a result of disease or trauma)
Chiropractic Care
Mental Health
Bereavement Counseling
Substance Abuse

Hospital (Inpatient) Diagnostic and Treatment
Emergency inpatient care in VA facilities
Medical
Surgical (including reconstructive/plastic surgery as a result of disease or trauma)
Mental Health
Substance Abuse

Medications and Supplies
Prescription medications
Over-the counter medications
Medical and surgical supplies

Once an individual is enrolled in the VAs health care system, they can be seen at any VA facility across the country.

VA operates an annual enrollment system that helps to manage the provision of health care by providing an overall population of beneficiaries. VA applies a variety of factors in determining a veterans eligibility for enrollment. There are 8 priority levels with those enrolled in the priority groups 1-6 receiving FREE inpatient and outpatient care. While those at priority groups 7-8 paying co-payments according to financial ability.

VA is requesting $47.4 billion in direct appropriation for 2010 for the three medical care appropriations, an increase of over $4.6 billion (11%) over the 2009 level excluding the $1 billion from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. .

VA expects to treat nearly 6.1 million patients, an increase of 2.1% over the number of patients treated in 2009. This is nowhere near the 7.85 million patients number you quoted. Of those 6.1 million patients, VA projects it will treat nearly 4 million veterans in priority levels 1-6, an increase of more than 104,000. This represents an increase of 2.7% over the number of these patients VA treated in 2009. Again these veterans in priority groups 1-6 patients are treated at no cost. Key components of the 2010 appropriation include the following:

providing access to more than 500,000 previously ineligible veterans by 2013
$4.6 billion (up $288 million) to expand inpatient residential, and outpatient mental health programs
$440 million to improve access to care in rural and highly rural areas
$5.9 billion (up $663 million) to expand institutional and non-institutional long term care services
Expand proven homeless programs and launch anew $26 million pilot project to work with other
federal agencies and non-profits to reduce homelessness among veterans most at risk
$183 million (up $15 million) to meet the specific needs of women veterans

For the sake of your argument it would be better to use either Medicare or Medicaid which are federally subsided universal healthcare programs or the as previously stated the Federal Employees Health Benefit plan.

http://www.va.gov/budget/summary/2010/Fast_Facts_VA_Budget_Highlights.pdf
http://www.va.gov/budget/summary/2010/Volume_2-Medical_Programs_and_Information_Technology.pdf
Forum : General Discussions Topic : Obama Won't Stop Telling Lies

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-09-11 16:07:26     Post subject:

lj20851 wrote:
The Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) is the governments second largest government agency, second only to the Department of Defense. The Veterans Health Administration (VHA), a government controlled single-payer system, which the President is a proponent of, has a 2009 annual budget of $44.5 billion, while providing healthcare to 7.85 million patients. As large as it is, it pales in comparison to the population of the United States, which last estimates reported to be over 308 million. Do the math. $44.5 billion divided by 7.85 billion patients equates to $5,669 per patient, per year. Can the private sector compete with those numbers?

A larger problem arises based on President Obamas statement today. The president claims that he can cover an additional 46 million people on a budget of $80 to $90 billion dollars a year (which we do not have). Do the math. That equates to $1,739 to $1,956 per person. These are real numbers, they do not lie. This does not take into account the millions of people that will be thrust into the system for a variety of reasons, and the cost to insure them..

To put this into perspective, the VA spends half that amount ($44.5 billion) to cover only 7.85 million people, yet the President is raising the VAs budget in 2010 to $52.5 billion, a 10% increase. By comparison, his claims do not make sense. A long standing government controlled health care system operates on a budget that equates to $5,669 per person, yet they need a raise to increase the quality of care, while the president claims he can operate the same type of government controlled health care system, operating on a budget that equates to $1,739 to $1,956 per person, per year.
If you are going to provide information about the Department of Veterans
Affairs you should be completely honest and give all of the information:

The Department of Veteran Affaris has three main subdivisions, known as Administrations, each headed by an Undersecretary:

Veterans Health Administration - responsible for providing health care in all its forms, as well as for medical research, Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs), and Regional Medical Centers.

Veterans Benefits Administration - responsible for initial veteran registration, eligibility determination, and five key lines of business (benefits and entitlements): Home Loan Guaranty, Insurance, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, Education (GI Bill), and Compensation & Pension

National Cemetery Administration - responsible for providing burial and memorial benefits, as well as for maintenance of VA cemeteries

The Department of Veteran Affairs had a 2009 budget of about $87.6 billion that coverered and array of services to include education, home loans, deferred compensation, pension, survivors' benefits, burial, vocational rehabilitation, employment, and life insurance.

Veterans Health Administration while a good model due to its ability to leverage cost containment on patient services it is not the only model. Another model would be the Federal Employee Health Benefits program. The Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) is a system of "managed competition" through which employee health benefits are provided to full-time permanent civilian employees and qualified retirees of the United States Government. The FEHBP allows insurance companies and employee associations such as labor unions to develop health, dental, and allied plans to be marketed to governmental employees.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-08-26 20:59:55     Post subject:

Anthony - Clerk, Internal Revenue Service
Michael - Bagger, Chain Grocery Store
Forum : General Discussions Topic : BGC brothers I need you! Can you help me?

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-08-26 17:32:29     Post subject:

helovesu2much wrote:
BGC Fam,

Thanks for taking a minute to read this as I hope you can help me out regarding a matter that is very dear to my heart.

If you have read any of my forums there is a particular user posting replies on ALL of my forums filled with some pretty strong allegations. In them he makes several claims.

1- That I'm Lying about my childhood molestation and being hiv+
2-That I'm against "Gay Rights"
3-That I have repeatedly saying that gays are evil & deserve hiv
4- That I clearly state that gays are going to hell
5-That I am using my page to "scam" people

Will you do me a tremendous favor? I want my page to be used to educate and inspire but I need REAL & UNBIASED feedback. Will you read the story on my page as well as some of my forums and tell me if you see any evidence that these claims against me are facts. i have read my material posted on here over and over again and i don't see how my sharing my journey and life and an HIV diagnosis could cause me to be so verbally attacked and slandered. So I need some mature brothers to give me your HONEST feedback. By so doing you will be helping me to better help others.

LUVYA2LYFE - Pastor
Just wanted to drop a note your way - Be encouraged and pay no attention to the naysayers.

God is not man that he should lie nor the son of man that he should repent. Has he not said and he shall not do it? Has he not spoken and will he not make it good? - Numbers 23:19-21
Forum : College Stories Topic : REP your Degree(s) OR currently working Degree(s)

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-08-14 20:37:25     Post subject:

AA - Liberal Arts
AA - Business Administration
BS - Business Management
MA - Urban Ministry (Pending)
MA - Social Justice (Pending)
Forum : Music Topic : What song are u listening to right now?

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-07-31 03:22:58     Post subject:

ANDREA BOCELLI AND HEATHER HEADLEY - THE PRAYER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwkKD2XMmlA

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-07-26 22:28:58     Post subject:

[quote="circus_freak"]ANYONE[/quote]

Part of the problem is you were not clear in how you communicated. You stated that when you told your sister, she replied I wanted him or something to that affect. Your use of wording gave the impression that your sister was affirming that she wanted him when you meant to indicate that she was accusing you of wanting him.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-07-25 23:35:48     Post subject:

Whitney Houston - I Didn't Know My Own Strength

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qozGIra3i2A
Forum : Transgender Discussions Topic : R.I.P E. Lynn Harris

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-07-25 14:10:32     Post subject: Re: R.I.P E. Lynn Harris

[quote="azay"]well sad to see such a great writer past away. E. Lynn Harris novels were the best i've read all of them down to the last one "Basketball Jones" which was set in New orleans, my home town... he was everything to me and love getting wraped up in his great stories.

I've read everything he ever written/published with the exception of his memoir. I can remember when his first novel Invisble Life came out. It was the first time I saw myself captured in contemporary print and was instrumental in my own coming out story.

Two of my favorite of his works are:

And This Two Shall Pass
If This World Was Mine
So what were some of your fav novels from the late Mr. Harris?[/quote]

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-06-22 20:27:23     Post subject:

Thanks for the kind sentiment.
Forum : General Discussions Topic : THREELATIONSHIPS -1+1+1-

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-06-18 06:22:57     Post subject:

[quote="romance_2000"]King Solomon (bible) had 700 wives and 300 cocubines (girlfriends)

so when you look at the concept of a threeway relationship in contrast to this, it's not such an extreme concept.
[/quote]

I don't think this is a good example, because King Solomon's relationships were generally related to political alignment more than anything else.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-06-16 21:01:39     Post subject:

WASHINGTON President Barack Obama, under growing criticism for not seeking to end the ban on openly gay men and women in the military, is extending benefits to same-sex partners of federal employees.

Obama plans to announce his decision on Wednesday in the Oval Office, a White House official said Tuesday. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because the president hadn't yet signed the presidential memorandum.

The official said Obama would release more details on Wednesday.

The decision is a political nod to a reliably Democratic voting bloc that in recent weeks has grown frustrated with the White House's slow movement on their priorities.

Several powerful gay fundraisers withdrew their support from a June 25 Democratic National Committee event where Vice President Joe Biden is expected to speak. Their exit came in response to a June 12 Justice Department brief that defended the Defense of Marriage Act, a prime target for gay and lesbian criticism. Justice lawyers argued that the law allowed states to reject marriages performed in other states or countries that defy their own standards.

The legal arguments including citing incest and sex with minors sparked rebellion among gay and lesbian activists who had been largely biting their tongues since Obama won election. They had objected to the Rev. Rick Warren's invitation to participate in the inauguration despite his support for repealing gay marriage in California.

Their January protest won the invitation of Episcopal Bishop V. Gene Robinson, whose consecration as the first openly gay bishop divided and almost split his denomination.

Gays and lesbians later fretted as the White House declined to intervene in the cases of enlisted military members facing courts martial for defying the Clinton-era "don't ask, don't tell" policies. White House officials say they want Congress to repeal the policy as part of a "lasting and durable" solution, instead of intervening on individual cases.

"The president agreed that ... the policy wasn't working for our national interests, that he committed to change that policy, that he's working with the secretary of defense and the joint chiefs on making that happen," White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said last month.

In the meantime, the administration has tried to make small, quiet moves to extend benefits to gays and lesbians. The State Department has promised to give partners of gay and lesbian diplomats many benefits, such as diplomatic passports and language training.

But without a specific change in the Federal Employees' Health Benefits Program, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton's promises left out financial benefits such as pensions. Obama's move could make that shift.

Gay and lesbian activists had expected Obama to take action some time in June, which is gay pride month.

John Berry, the highest-ranking gay official in the administration and the de facto human resources chief for the administration, told a gay rally last weekend that Obama planned to take action on benefits soon.

Berry, who heads the Office of Personnel and Management, has repeatedly told reporters that he expected the White House to turn to legislation to give domestic partners access to federal health and retirement plans.

But Obama so far has sent only one piece of legislation to the Hill a pay-as-you-go measure that is part of his wooing of fiscally conservative Democrats.

Instead, Obama will use his signature instead of legislation to achieve the benefits parity sought by same-sex couples.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-06-15 20:36:42     Post subject:

I Will Lift - Trinitee 5:7

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-06-14 02:02:31     Post subject:

I feel just fine. I attend a church that is affirming of it theology toward GLBTQ people.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-06-07 18:12:31     Post subject:

[quote="chantelle"][quote="vain_return"]gladys[/quote]y u got to write so small lol ... dorthy[/quote]

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-05-30 20:23:40     Post subject:

[quote="ya_boy_jay"]IMA CAPRICORN PPL TELL ME IMMA a$$hole, selfish.stubborn, too cocky, that's why my ass aint got no friends lol[/quote]

WOW SAME HERE (DURAG)

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-05-30 20:21:51     Post subject: Re: EVER MESSED WITH A CAPRICORN? WAS IT BAD OR GOOD?

[quote="rick_james2"]I SEE ALOT OF TALKS ABOUT OTHER SIGNS,YET NOT MANY ABOUT CAPRICORNS

THEY SAY WE ARE EVIL,STRONG CREATURES,OF THE MOST POWERFUL ZODIAC TYPES ALONGSIDE SCORPIOS(NON BIASED ASSERTION).YET IT SEEMS ALOT OF PEOPLE BECOME ANNOYED AT CAPRICORNS EMOTIONAL COLDNESS.I CERTAINTLY CATCH FLACK FOR BEING A COLD HEARTED FUKK ON HERE.
[/quote]

SOUND LIKE ME (DURAG)
First Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last Page 

Change Online Status: Status Update: