Search

POST NEWChiboi4u's Posts
Forum :  Topic : 

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2017-01-02 22:58:55     Post subject: A Fresh Perspective...About Kim Burrell's Rant....

My response as published at http://gbmnews.com/wp/archives/22894

I woke up this morning to the maelstrom created by Pastor Kim Burrell and her virulently homophobic sermon. While my first thought was to ignore the matter, the reality is that as an openly queer African American pastor, I have a dog in the show, particularly because there was a time in my own life when I believed the very things Pastor Burrell preaches. A son of the traditional Black Church, I realized from an early age that my faith community did not affirm alternative sexual expression, relegated men and women to defined roles and required conformity to a strict adherence to what the Bible said. My spiritual formation was heavily influenced by models created by white theologians living in Europe and North America and held little regard for other cultural, sociological, theological or gender points-of-view.

As a young person, I loved God with my whole heart, yet I completely bought into an oppressive theology that affirmed that God did not and could not love me because I was gay, a sinner, and destined for hell. Therefore, rather than living honestly and with integrity, I engaged in a pattern of “church don’t ask, don’t tell” behavior and lived on the “spiritual down low” while pursuing a call to ordained ministry. I was licensed to preach at the historic Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church under the pastorate of the Rev. Dr. Clay Evans at the age of eighteen and for many years ministered within African American evangelical Protestant churches, while not feeling worthy of my pastoral calling. I felt torn between being a member of the African American same gender loving community and the Black Church. Having to combat tropes and stereotypes made it extremely difficult to find a home in either community. I spent many days feeling a painful combination of anger, shame, and sadness. I did not want to live, attempted to take my life, but could not die.

It was only when I began to shed the oppressive theologies that I had grown up with, that I learned that God is neither punitive nor petty. Reading books authored by Herndon L. Davis (Black, Gay and Christian), Bishop Yvette Flunder (Where the Edge Gathers: Building a Community of Inclusion), Dr. Horace L. Griffin (Their Own Receive Them Not: African American Lesbians and Gays in Black Churches), and Dr. Cheryl B. Anderson (Ancient Laws and Contemporary Controversies: The Need for Inclusive Interpretation) have been foundational in helping me to develop a personal theology of acceptance. Exposure to the affirming ministries of Rev. Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr. (Trinity UCC), Bishop Phyllis Pennese (Pillar of Love Fellowship UCC), Rev. Edwin Sanders (Metropolitan Interdenominational Church and Rev. Dr. Sharon Ellis Davis (God Can Ministries UCC) have created a safe space for me to live authentically as African American queer person. Lastly, my matriculation to the Samuel DeWitt Proctor School of Theology, taught me that I also have the privilege of creating and engaging in theology, rather than just assimilating and regurgitating credos learned from my youth.

While the flames of indignation burn brightly concerning Pastor Burrell’s and others rhetoric, I am reminded that it is paramount that African American queer folk create and sustain ministries that are places of radical inclusion, extravagant welcome and relentless hospitality. We must stop supporting pastors and ministries that feed our egos while starving our souls. There are pastors, churches, ministries, faith based organizations and fellowships that will not prostitute us or the gifts that God has graced us with. It's time to come home... for all things have been made ready. Come home.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2014-08-20 18:29:04     Post subject: i had no idea Rally's was Checker's.

They weren't always the same company. They merged about 10 years ago.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2013-04-21 03:09:17     Post subject: Has anybody ever met a Celebrity?

Politicians
President Obama (when he was a State Senator)
Rev. Jesse Jackson
Jesse Jackson, Jr.

Recording Artists
Mary Mary
Vickie Winans
Martha Wash
R. Kelly
Kirk Franklin
Beyonce
Karen Clark Sheard
Gene Viale

Actors
Countess Vaughn
Mel Jackson
T'Keyah Crystal Keymah
Chip Fields
Forum : General Discussions Topic : 

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2012-02-11 20:33:05     Post subject: How do you feel about Whitney Houston's Death?

I am deeply saddened at the transition of Whitney Elizabeth Houston. She provided the soundtrack of my life. A beautiful and talented woman, my thoughts and prayers go out to her friends and family.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2011-04-17 06:55:26     Post subject:

1 and she knows about my sexuality and is fine with it.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2011-03-05 16:38:44     Post subject:

Miracle Whip all the way.
Forum : General Discussions II Topic : 

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2011-03-05 01:03:03     Post subject:

Just one...........my Man.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2011-02-01 19:42:37     Post subject:

My guy and I have been together for nearly ten years, got married in Acapulco last year and will have a civil union in June of this year.
Forum : Religion Topic : 

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2010-10-22 19:16:32     Post subject:

The following is an annotated list of the most popular modern English translations.

Contemporary English Version (CEV), is a completely new translation published by the American Bible Society in 1995. Originally intended as a children's translation, it uses a very simple, contemporary style. It is independent of traditional translations and freer of "biblical" terms. This is an especially good translation for people who speak English as a second language.

English Standard Version (ESV) is an "essentially new literal translation" follows the tradition of the King James, American Standard Version, and Revised Standard Version. Published in 2001 by Crossway, it was developed by a translation team of more than 100 scholars, with the goal of being very accurate (word for word), and yet very readable.

Good News Bible (Today's English Version) (TEV), completed in 1976, was translated by Robert G. Bratcher with six other scholars. This very free, though very accurate, translation avoids the use of traditional biblical vocabulary and communicates especially well with youth and the unchurched. Also published by the American Bible Society.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB) is another new word-for-word translation that strives to be both literally accurate and readable. It is not as literal as the ESV or NASB, but is more so than the NIV. The Holman published by Broadman & Holman in 2003, is the product of nearly 100 scholars.

The Living Bible (LB), completed in 1971, is Kenneth N. Taylor's paraphrase of the American Standard Version. Easy to read and once immensely popular, it is often criticized for adding too much commentary to the biblical text. Published by Tyndale House, although apparently no longer available from them.

The Message (Msg) - Eugene Peterson completed this paraphrase of the entire Bible in 2002. Peterson takes great liberties with words in his attempt to effectively communicate both the original thoughts and tone of the Scripture. The result is a very earthy, informal language. Published by NavPress.

New American Standard Bible (NASB) - completed in 1971, was produced by 54 conservative Protestant scholars sponsored by the Lockman Foundation. This version is very literal in vocabulary and word order, although the resulting English is quite wooden. It often is preferred by those who want an English version that reflects the grammar of the original. An Update was published in 1995 which seeks to use more modern English while preserving the literal nature of the translation.

New International Version (NIV), completed in 1978, was the product of 115 evangelical scholars. Within a decade it became the best-selling English version. It combines contemporary, literary English with traditional biblical vocabulary. The NIV is copyrighted by the International Bible Society.

New King James Version (NKJV), released in 1982, involved 119 contributors. It updates the vocabulary and grammar of the King James Version, while preserving the classic style and beauty. Although it uses the same Hebrew and Greek texts as the original, it indicates where other manuscripts differ. Published by Thomas Nelson.

New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) of 1985 revised and updated the text and notes of the Jerusalem Bible of 1966. This version, translated by two Catholic scholars, is an elegant, literary rendering (perhaps the most poetic since the KJV). The notes reflect a modern, liberal perspective.

New Living Translation (NLT), published in 1996, is the product of 90 Bible scholars from around the world, from various theological backgrounds and denominations. This is a very readable translation, while remaining more faithful to the original texts than the Living Bible (see above). Also published by Tyndale.

New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) - published in 1989 by the National Council of Churches, revises the Revised Standard Version of 1952. While following the literal tradition of the RSV, the NRSV eliminates much of the archaic language. One distinctive is the use of gender inclusive pronouns to replace male pronouns when the original writers meant both men and women. The NRSV does not change masculine pronouns referring to God, however.

Revised English Bible (REB), completed in 1989, is a thorough revision of the New English Bible. Like the original, it was translated by a committee of British scholars, representing all the major Christian traditions in the United Kingdom. The more archaic language was omitted and a more conservative approach was taken toward some of the difficult passages. Many readers find it to be an excellent translation for personal reading and study, though its British idioms make it less popular in the U.S.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2010-09-06 15:15:35     Post subject:

We had the MacBook Pro and IPad and the Sony VAIO, HP and Dell notebooks

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2010-08-03 00:43:28     Post subject:

May the blessings of God that make one rich and add no sorrow be yours today and forevermore.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2010-07-25 19:15:24     Post subject:

I have five and my guy has nine. Both of us plan on getting more.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-11-01 20:19:40     Post subject:

jiggah08 wrote:
NO, I DONT THINK SO BECAUSE GOD MADE ME DIS WAY, AND I BELIEVE IN HIM AND HE ABIDES IM ME AS WELL, SO IF I GO TO HELL FOR BEING GAY, IMMA BUSS IT WIDE OPEN WIT A PAIR OF GASOLINE DRAWS ON.....
The sum of who God feels about us is encapsulated in John 3:16, 17, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten so, that whosoever believes on Him would not perish but have everlasting life. For the Father sent His Son not to condemn the world but the world through Him might be saved."

Another great verse about God's love is found in Romans 5:8, "But God commended his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." In this verse and in John 3:16, we find no conditions placed on God's love for us. God doesn't say, "as soon as you clean up your act, I'll love you; " nor does He say, "I'll sacrifice my Son if you promise to love Me." In fact, in Romans 5:8, we find just the opposite. God wants us to know that His love is unconditional, so He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for us while we were still unlovable sinners. We didn't have to get clean, and we didn't have to make any promises to God before we could experience His love. His love for us has always existed, and because of that, He did all the giving and sacrificing long before we were even aware that we needed His love.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-08-26 20:59:55     Post subject:

Anthony - Clerk, Internal Revenue Service
Michael - Bagger, Chain Grocery Store

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-07-26 22:28:58     Post subject:

[quote="circus_freak"]ANYONE[/quote]

Part of the problem is you were not clear in how you communicated. You stated that when you told your sister, she replied I wanted him or something to that affect. Your use of wording gave the impression that your sister was affirming that she wanted him when you meant to indicate that she was accusing you of wanting him.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-06-22 20:27:23     Post subject:

Thanks for the kind sentiment.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-06-16 21:01:39     Post subject:

WASHINGTON President Barack Obama, under growing criticism for not seeking to end the ban on openly gay men and women in the military, is extending benefits to same-sex partners of federal employees.

Obama plans to announce his decision on Wednesday in the Oval Office, a White House official said Tuesday. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because the president hadn't yet signed the presidential memorandum.

The official said Obama would release more details on Wednesday.

The decision is a political nod to a reliably Democratic voting bloc that in recent weeks has grown frustrated with the White House's slow movement on their priorities.

Several powerful gay fundraisers withdrew their support from a June 25 Democratic National Committee event where Vice President Joe Biden is expected to speak. Their exit came in response to a June 12 Justice Department brief that defended the Defense of Marriage Act, a prime target for gay and lesbian criticism. Justice lawyers argued that the law allowed states to reject marriages performed in other states or countries that defy their own standards.

The legal arguments including citing incest and sex with minors sparked rebellion among gay and lesbian activists who had been largely biting their tongues since Obama won election. They had objected to the Rev. Rick Warren's invitation to participate in the inauguration despite his support for repealing gay marriage in California.

Their January protest won the invitation of Episcopal Bishop V. Gene Robinson, whose consecration as the first openly gay bishop divided and almost split his denomination.

Gays and lesbians later fretted as the White House declined to intervene in the cases of enlisted military members facing courts martial for defying the Clinton-era "don't ask, don't tell" policies. White House officials say they want Congress to repeal the policy as part of a "lasting and durable" solution, instead of intervening on individual cases.

"The president agreed that ... the policy wasn't working for our national interests, that he committed to change that policy, that he's working with the secretary of defense and the joint chiefs on making that happen," White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said last month.

In the meantime, the administration has tried to make small, quiet moves to extend benefits to gays and lesbians. The State Department has promised to give partners of gay and lesbian diplomats many benefits, such as diplomatic passports and language training.

But without a specific change in the Federal Employees' Health Benefits Program, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton's promises left out financial benefits such as pensions. Obama's move could make that shift.

Gay and lesbian activists had expected Obama to take action some time in June, which is gay pride month.

John Berry, the highest-ranking gay official in the administration and the de facto human resources chief for the administration, told a gay rally last weekend that Obama planned to take action on benefits soon.

Berry, who heads the Office of Personnel and Management, has repeatedly told reporters that he expected the White House to turn to legislation to give domestic partners access to federal health and retirement plans.

But Obama so far has sent only one piece of legislation to the Hill a pay-as-you-go measure that is part of his wooing of fiscally conservative Democrats.

Instead, Obama will use his signature instead of legislation to achieve the benefits parity sought by same-sex couples.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-06-14 02:02:31     Post subject:

I feel just fine. I attend a church that is affirming of it theology toward GLBTQ people.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-06-07 18:12:31     Post subject:

[quote="chantelle"][quote="vain_return"]gladys[/quote]y u got to write so small lol ... dorthy[/quote]

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-05-30 20:23:40     Post subject:

[quote="ya_boy_jay"]IMA CAPRICORN PPL TELL ME IMMA a$$hole, selfish.stubborn, too cocky, that's why my ass aint got no friends lol[/quote]

WOW SAME HERE (DURAG)

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-05-30 20:21:51     Post subject: Re: EVER MESSED WITH A CAPRICORN? WAS IT BAD OR GOOD?

[quote="rick_james2"]I SEE ALOT OF TALKS ABOUT OTHER SIGNS,YET NOT MANY ABOUT CAPRICORNS

THEY SAY WE ARE EVIL,STRONG CREATURES,OF THE MOST POWERFUL ZODIAC TYPES ALONGSIDE SCORPIOS(NON BIASED ASSERTION).YET IT SEEMS ALOT OF PEOPLE BECOME ANNOYED AT CAPRICORNS EMOTIONAL COLDNESS.I CERTAINTLY CATCH FLACK FOR BEING A COLD HEARTED FUKK ON HERE.
[/quote]

SOUND LIKE ME (DURAG)

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-05-30 20:13:56     Post subject: Re: WOULD U SUCK HIS DICK?

[quote="jnyerere89"]WOULD U GUYS SUCK HIS DICK?

YES!!!! OOPS DID I SAY THAT

[/quot [/quote]

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-04-21 23:52:30     Post subject:

[quote="franchise_2010"]AIR FORCE!!! I gotta rep my airmen. I served in the Air Force and it was some of the best years of my life.

Saw great places, met great people and I had the best job..... My job was to help kill people and blow up foreign government property!
[/code][/quote]

Did you work in EOD?

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-04-17 18:03:33     Post subject:

[quote="al_roker"]Is going on disability an option? I have a friend on disability because of his mental disorder.[/quote]

Workplace disability benefits fall under short or long term and can sometimes require (1) more stringent qualification than federal benefits, (2) requirement that participants apply for federal assistance, and (3) reduction of workplace disability benefits if qualified for federal benefits.

Social Security disability (SSDI) is only a viable option if he has obtained enough work credits to earn the benefit.

Supplemental Security Income (SSI) generally doesn't pay an amount that would allow anyone to live even at the poverty level. $674.00 is the current rate for 2009

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-04-17 17:51:52     Post subject:

[quote="_aristocrat"]I think it is best for you to explain you disorder to those who are around you especially when it comes to your job; so, when you have a lashing out it is easier for those at your job to deal with it and better handle the situation.[/quote]

That opens up all types of complications in the workplace. He's under no legal obligation to do so, and might subject himself to workplace discrimination by doing so.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-04-10 19:49:00     Post subject:

Joel A. Rogers and Dr. Auset Bakhufu have both written books documenting that at least five former presidents of the United States had Black people among their ancestors. If one considers the fact that European men far outnumbered European women during the founding of this country, and that the rape and impregnation of an African female slave was not considered a crime, it is even more surprising that these two authors could not document Black ancestors among an ever larger number of former presidents. The presidents names include Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Warren Harding, and Calvin Coolidge.

The best case for Black ancestry is against Warren G. Harding, our 29th president from 1921 until 1923. Harding himself never denied his ancestry. When Republican leaders called on Harding to deny the "Negro" history, he said, "How should I know whether or not one of my ancestors might have jumped the fence." William Chancellor, a White professor of economics and politics at Wooster College in Ohio, wrote a book on the Harding family genealogy and identified Black ancestors among both parents of President Harding. Justice Department agents allegedly bought and destroyed all copies of this book. Chancellor also said that Harding's only academic credentials included education at Iberia College, which was founded in order to educate fugitive slaves.

Andrew Jackson was our 7th president from 1829 to 1837. The Virginia Magazine of History Volume 29 says that Jackson was the son of a White woman from Ireland who had intermarried with a Negro. The magazine also said that his eldest brother had been sold as a slave in Carolina. Joel Rogers says that Andrew Jackson Sr. died long before President Andrew Jackson Jr. was born. He says the president's mother then went to live on the Crawford farm where there were Negro slaves and that one of these men was Andrew Jr's father. Another account of the "brother sold into slavery story can be found in David Coyle's book entitled "Ordeal of the Presidency" (1960).

Thomas Jefferson was our 3rd president from 1801 to 1809. The chief attack on Jefferson was in a book written by Thomas Hazard in 1867 called "The Johnny Cake Papers." Hazard interviewed Paris Gardiner, who said he was present during the 1796 presidential campaign, when one speaker states that Thomas Jefferson was a mean-spirited son of a half-breed Indian squaw and a Virginia mulatto father. In his book entitled "The Slave Children of Thomas Jefferson," Samuel Sloan wrote that Jefferson destroyed all of the papers, portraits, and personal effects of his mother, Jane Randolph Jefferson, when she died on March 31, 1776. He even wrote letters to every person who had ever received a letter from his mother, asking them to return that letter. Sloan says, "There is something strange and even psychopathic about the lengths to which Thomas Jefferson went to destroy all remembrances of his mother, while saving over 18,000 copies of his own letters and other documents for posterity." One must ask, "What is it he was trying to hide?"

Abraham Lincoln was our 16th president from 1861 to 1865. J. A. Rogers quotes Lincoln's mother, Nancy Hanks, as saying that Abraham Lincoln was the illegitimate son of an African man. William Herndon, Lincoln's law partner, said that Lincoln had very dark skin and coarse hair and that his mother was from an Ethiopian tribe. In Herndon's book entitled "The Hidden Lincoln" he says that Thomas Lincoln could not have been Abraham Lincoln's father because he was sterile from childhood mumps and was later castrated. Lincoln's presidential opponents made cartoon drawings depicting him as a Negro and nicknamed him Abraham Africanus the First."

Calvin Coolidge was our 30th president, and he succeeded Warren Harding. He proudly admitted that his mother was dark because of mixed Indian ancestry. However, Dr. Bakhufu says that by 1800 the New England Indian was hardly any longer pure Indian, because they had mixed so often with Blacks. Calvin Coolidge's mother's maiden name was "Moor." In Europe the name "Moor" was given to all Black people just as the name Negro was used in America.

All of the presidents mentioned were able to pass for White and never acknowledged their Black ancestry. Millions of other children who were descendants of former slaves have also been able to pass for White. American society has had so much interracial mixing that books such as The Bell Curve, discussing IQ evaluations based solely on race, are totally unrealistic.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-03-25 19:23:23     Post subject:

Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)
11For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-02-14 17:20:59     Post subject:

Beyonce and Marc Nelson - After All Is Said And Done - The Best Man Soundtrack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8pOoBqiLYo
Forum : Religion Topic : 

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-01-09 21:04:37     Post subject: Re: Gay and Christian my experience

[quote="navyblack78"]So when people ask about being gay and Christian I can say I know and see how God is working in my life. My views of sex have completely changed and although negative thoughts pop in my head all the time I know how to combat them.. I know that God has called me to speak to people who are hurting and everything in my life has lead up to this including being GAY.

So when I look at my life and the changes that have been made and where I am now, I know that the bible is not made up(and I know what people say the bible says about homosexuality , and I have a response to that ,but this post is long enough.) (Should you have any questions about that hit me up)

And for those of you who say the bible is not real and made up by men rather than the inspired word of God then I have challenge for you bold enough to try it.

And if you actually managed to read all of this then it was written for you.[/quote]

I STAND IN AGREEMENT WITH YOU CONCERNING THIS!

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2009-01-02 15:47:33     Post subject:

Anthony
December 10th - Sagittarius

Michael
January 15th - Capricorn

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2008-12-25 17:59:10     Post subject:

Management and Program Analyst
Forum : Music Topic : 

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2008-12-21 03:08:36     Post subject:

That's it. I'm going to go out and purchase everything she's recorded. She is the truth.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2008-12-20 05:08:21     Post subject:

Kelly Price - For Every Mountain
http://search.live.com/video/results.aspx?q=for%20every%20mountain%2C%20kelly%20price&docid=218671874063&FORM=TVVR

Trin-i-tee 5:7 - I Will Lift
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbaArJn8fyM

Fantasia - Total Praise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDS3Nn_RRAU

Yolanda Adams- Just A Prayer Away & Tis So Sweet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOGpGDyfYTA

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2008-12-06 15:51:55     Post subject:

I was circumcized as an adult at the age of 22. The surgery and the recovery weren't too bad. The only draw back was when I would get an erection, which would tug as the stitches. A week or so later, I removed them myself, it was too aggravating.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2008-11-29 09:41:26     Post subject:

[quote="gq101"]Thats soo sad to hear homie.......forealz.....

....but how many times is this same thread going to be made....... Confused:[/quote]

It never ceases to amaze me how many of the brothers responding to forums of this type are either insensitive, ignorant or misinformed to the dynamics that come to play when one is sexually molested/raped.

For many of the fellas who chose to respond, this is the first time , they have ever gotten the courage to give voice to their pain and tell their personal truths.

Rather than be supportive, we would rather engage in non value added discussions concerning the latest Beyonce vs ??? thread, when was the last time I jacked off discussion, or a myriad of other meaningless conversations that don't benefit anyone.

Fellas, even though many don't agree or support the notion, we are a community and called upon to be in solidarity with and supportive of one another.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2008-11-28 19:59:33     Post subject:

Uh, about 10 hours ago. It was great too!

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2008-11-07 08:31:55     Post subject: Re: McCain 2012 - No Bottoms Please

[quote="erotikflava"]Obama doesn't care about Black people. You won't get a free check or any free cheese. Stop waiting for a handout. Get a job.

You think you're gonna get free housing and free money? Ha![/quote

Check out change.gov. While it doesn't deal with African-Americans directly, it does address the new administration's plan for dealing with civil rights which overwhelmingly affect us.

Plan to Strengthen Civil Rights
“The teenagers and college students who left their homes to march in the streets of Birmingham and Montgomery; the mothers who walked instead of taking the bus after a long day of doing somebody else's laundry and cleaning somebody else's kitchen — they didn't brave fire hoses and Billy clubs so that their grandchildren and their great-grandchildren would still wonder at the beginning of the 21st century whether their vote would be counted; whether their civil rights would be protected by their government; whether justice would be equal and opportunity would be theirs. . . . We have more work to do.”

— Barack Obama, Speech at Howard University, September 28, 2007

The Problem
Pay Inequity Continues: For every $1.00 earned by a man, the average woman receives only 77 cents, while African American women only get 67 cents and Latinas receive only 57 cents.

Hate Crimes on the Rise: The number of hate crimes increased nearly 8 percent to 7,700 incidents in 2006.

Efforts Continue to Suppress the Vote: A recent study discovered numerous organized efforts to intimidate, mislead and suppress minority voters.

Disparities Continue to Plague Criminal Justice System: African Americans and Hispanics are more than twice as likely as whites to be searched, arrested, or subdued with force when stopped by police. Disparities in drug sentencing laws, like the differential treatment of crack as opposed to powder cocaine, are unfair.

Barack Obama and Joe Biden's Plan

Strengthen Civil Rights Enforcement
Obama and Biden will reverse the politicization that has occurred in the Bush Administration's Department of Justice. They will put an end to the ideological litmus tests used to fill positions within the Civil Rights Division.

Combat Employment Discrimination
Obama and Biden will work to overturn the Supreme Court's recent ruling that curtails racial minorities' and women's ability to challenge pay discrimination. They will also pass the Fair Pay Act to ensure that women receive equal pay for equal work and the Employment Non-Discrimination Act to prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.

Expand Hate Crimes Statutes
Obama and Biden will strengthen federal hate crimes legislation, expand hate crimes protection by passing the Matthew Shepard Act, and reinvigorate enforcement at the Department of Justice's Criminal Section.

End Deceptive Voting Practices
Obama will sign into law his legislation that establishes harsh penalties for those who have engaged in voter fraud and provides voters who have been misinformed with accurate and full information so they can vote.

End Racial Profiling
Obama and Biden will ban racial profiling by federal law enforcement agencies and provide federal incentives to state and local police departments to prohibit the practice.

Reduce Crime Recidivism by Providing Ex-Offender Support
Obama and Biden will provide job training, substance abuse and mental health counseling to ex-offenders, so that they are successfully re-integrated into society. Obama and Biden will also create a prison-to-work incentive program to improve ex-offender employment and job retention rates.

Eliminate Sentencing Disparities
Obama and Biden believe the disparity between sentencing crack and powder-based cocaine is wrong and should be completely eliminated.

Expand Use of Drug Courts
Obama and Biden will give first-time, non-violent offenders a chance to serve their sentence, where appropriate, in the type of drug rehabilitation programs that have proven to work better than a prison term in changing bad behavior. [/quote]

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2008-08-01 22:44:49     Post subject: Re: IF YOU FATHERED A LITTLE GIRL-WHAT WOULD YOU NAME HER?

[quote="mab3l"]
Quote:
chiboi4u"
Quote:
"mab3l"
Quote:
"chiboi4u"
Quote:
"leo_804va85"IF YOU FATHERED A LITTLE GIRL-WHAT WOULD YOU NAME HER?

I am the father of an 11 year old. She is name Imani Neale'

Imani means faith in Swahili and Neale' after Zora Neale Hurston.

Chyle... I almost purnched you in yo damn head....
Imani means UNITY!
Look it up, dumbass!

You da reason we nappy-headed lil bastards runnin round here ny wit names like "Licorice" and dont know what da hell it is. Yet you say "Twizzler!" and dey want one!

WIKIPEDIA.COM, baby...... USE IT!

Bruh,

No need for the personal attack. Imani means faith. I don't have to look it up on wikipedia. I'm certain of what it means. Oh and for the record, Umoja means unity in Swahili. Perhaps you should do a better search before you seek to tear someone else down.

See ya'll...
Dat was sexy hy he jus did dat!....
Chyle ain't jump all about or hafta type real loud.....

You PHENOMINAL, baby!
You earned my respect.... and a Formal Apology....

I, Mabel Willow Streeter-Jenkins-Washington-Thomas-Simmons
Do hearby apologize to this well mannered gentleman, fa disin his baby' name....(still gone do mo research)...
But I ran outah my Glaucoma medicine dis murnin, and so Madea kinda bitchy..

Carry on~
[/quote]

LOL

It kewl. No worries, Madea.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2008-08-01 22:04:41     Post subject: Re: IF YOU FATHERED A LITTLE GIRL-WHAT WOULD YOU NAME HER?

[quote="mab3l"]
Quote:
"chiboi4u"
Quote:
"leo_804va85"IF YOU FATHERED A LITTLE GIRL-WHAT WOULD YOU NAME HER?

Chyle... I almost purnched you in yo damn head....
Imani means UNITY!
Look it up, dumbass!

You da reason we nappy-headed lil bastards runnin round here ny wit names like "Licorice" and dont know what da hell it is. Yet you say "Twizzler!" and dey want one!

WIKIPEDIA.COM, baby...... USE IT![/quote]

Bruh,

No need for the personal attack. Imani means faith. I don't have to look it up on wikipedia. I'm certain of what it means. Oh and for the record, Umoja means unity in Swahili. Perhaps you should do a better search before you seek to tear someone else down.

chiboi4u

Senior

Matteson
Illinois
United States

PostPosted: 2008-08-01 21:50:22     Post subject: Re: IF YOU FATHERED A LITTLE GIRL-WHAT WOULD YOU NAME HER?

[quote="leo_804va85"]IF YOU FATHERED A LITTLE GIRL-WHAT WOULD YOU NAME HER?[/quote]

First Page 1 2 Last Page 

Change Online Status: Status Update: