Search

POST NEWUnngghh's Posts
Forum : General Discussions Topic : 

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2017-12-06 15:36:56     Post subject: Facebook is to Myspace, as __________ is to BGCLIVE....

Facebook:Myspace::ThugsForSex:BGC
Forum :  Topic : 

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2017-09-01 15:30:46     Post subject: Anyone watch wrestling?

It's low-budget, but the good folks at bwnvideo (dot com) will help satisfy a few grown men's fantasies around these parts! (Living near the "arena"... or, "room of the house"... here in ATL grants me lots of peeks at the "talent" during tapings!)

I do miss having wall-to-wall wrestling orgs on all day on Saturdays, before the McMahon-ification of most of them. Philly-based ECW, Dallas-based World Class Wrestling, and the old New Orleans-based UWF were the best of the bunch. Even GLOW out there in Vegas was a bunch of fun.

Still, Ring of Honor, Lucha Libre (CMLL), Lucha Underground, and whatever the six-sided ring folks call themselves now (Anthem/GFW/TNA) fill the bill adequately during the week these days, whenever WWE Raw+Smackdown becomes too dull and predictable.

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2017-08-23 17:58:29     Post subject: I trying to understand, Please Clarify for Me

1. To establish someone, anyone, willing to agree with them wholeheartedly.
2. See #1

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2017-02-27 11:19:21     Post subject: Get Out was so much.

Haven't seen it, but I gotta admit, from the ads, I thought it was going to be HOR-RI-BLE. Like Madea Halloween-meets-Scary-Movie-6 kind of bad. I also get instantly skeptical about flicks that come out during movie awards season.

I am SO glad to be wrong about this, particularly because I expect a certain scale of quality laughs from Mr. Peele (even "Keanu" wasn't all that bad!). I don't really like horror genre, but this sounds so good from the reviews I can't wait to peep it this weekend.

Watching "I Am Not Your Negro", I suspect, may turn out to be the perfect appetizer for this!

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2016-12-02 08:29:42     Post subject: What's the most Whoreish part of Altanta?

Don't sleep on the Southside! West End, EAV, and (North and) South DeKalb have their share of (ho)tspots, too. And for a little multicultural action, nothing beats Buford Highway!

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2016-10-25 15:23:59     Post subject: The sports world and transgenders

In short, post-DADT and post-sodomy laws and post-marriage inequality, transphobia and homophobia is BAD for business. Unless your business is Hobby Lobby or something.

The major pro and NCAA sports draw in HUGE business revenues, well beyond anything they could have dreamed up back in the dusty 1990s. Revenues for themselves in terms of ad buys and sponsorships, and for the secondary businesses (hotels, restaurants, gift shops) that benefit from their presence, especially in the case of major events (Championship Games, All-Star Weekends).

Those big-biz sponsors (Chick-fil-A's a lil slow in coming along, but still, lol) are the driving force behind many of the leagues' expanding assertiveness on LGBTQ+ issues. Many of those corporations are striving to remain highly rated in things like GLAAD's corporate index. For them, cisgender LGB and transgender consumer concerns are inextricable.

The performers (athletes) at the sporting events may not be LGBTQ+... but for those athletes, they may have family members or associates who are, and they are not trying to have a negative experience causing them and others to keep money in their wallets/pockets/purses. League employees (from the commissioners on down to the field crews, bands and cheerleaders) and their families travel in droves as well.

Even if they don't travel, people of all stripes watch major events on TV. And with the money these companies are spending now, they can't afford a negative connotation on the basis of LGBTQ+ treatment (by the leagues or their host cities/states... Mike Pence, I'm looking at you...) cutting into precious ratings.

This is not to say that these leagues wouldn't be growing more progressive (despite the predictable fits and starts over stuff like locker rooms, or head-to-head contact-sports competition) over time, on their own. It's just that the Invisible Hand of the market continues to pat the sports leagues on the butt, encouraging them to move forward, perhaps faster than they'd imagine they'd have to.

The most remarkable shift forward in my opinion is in the UFC. Probably as right-wing from top-to-bottom on LGBTQ rights, these days, they stamp out even the slightest public utterance of homophobia/transphobia by their competitors in an instant these days. That stuff would've been left unchecked just five years ago. Dana White is no LGBTQ savior by any means. But he knows the deal, when it comes to avoiding major sponsorship pulls just because of his jocks going too far in hyping up their relative sense of hypermasculinity.

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2016-10-14 11:03:01     Post subject: BGC Crisis: Search Engines

Often for my BGC Quarterback Watch thread I'll go search for a particular pic of a player, and find (through Google Image Search) that it's already linked via a prior BGC thread.

Similar situation pops up for me on RealJock. Pics posted on their forums usually wind up high on the Google image search findings. Often the forum-posted pic shows up in searches before the one from the original link.

While I don't mind the Google Image issue personally, I can easily see how others could and should be concerned, if they're trying to maintain some sense of privacy from people outside of this site.

For those folks, I'd encourage using non-face deafult pics. Also, in forums, as an alternative to posting Internet pics outright, you could consider just linking to the image as a URL... [url]image HTTP link[/url], and describe what's on the link for those interested. Finally, consider using a BGC profile name that's unique to BGC (i.e., don't use your Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat/OtherForums names here).

BGC Admin has sort of let things go in various respects, so I wouldn't expect a technical fix anytime soon.

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2016-09-10 18:31:46     Post subject: Atlanta

I got tired of Real Housewives Love Hip Hop Little Women Saying Yes to the Dress Everything "Atlanta" Plastic, and especially the shtick of showing big skylines and fancy houses before the scene shifts into drama you'd sooner find on Stewart Ave than Lenox Rd.

Although it's not a "reality" show, Glover is doing a nice job of turning "reality" on its head with a "realer" perspective of young kids and adults here on the come-up and the "realities" they face, in their homes and on the streets. It's more "reality" as a fictional drama, after just 2 episodes, than anything else I've seen from any "reality" show with the word "Atlanta" slapped on it.

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2016-05-18 08:51:29     Post subject: Mississippi Schools Desegregation Again

One More Time, Sing It, Nina!

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2016-05-06 08:45:44     Post subject: Post a car that describes your BGC persona...........

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2016-05-02 11:09:48     Post subject: Who's watching Fear the walking dead?

Yeah, how bout Strand, huh? Surprised a lot of viewers with that angle. He's most viewers' fave character (him and the druggie guy) because he's trying to keep it real, instead of trying to save everybody who's screaming for help on the high seas. It's safe to say that'll all change after this last episode! I doubt Strand's gonna get hypothermia.

We'll find out what happened to Abigail's compound soon now that they've reached Mexico's border. (I'm quietly hoping Mexico built that wall that now-Zombie Trump made them pay for and keeping Americans out! lol)

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2016-01-19 06:46:07     Post subject: Republicans Commitee cuts ties with NBC because...

Republican candidates like softballs, not fastballs, served up to them. If they could get away with just doing Faux Newz/FBN/CBN, they would.

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2016-01-14 13:11:45     Post subject: Private LGBT K-12 School to Open in ATLANTA...THOUGHTS?

It's been very well-developed (props to the Unitarians for helping get it off the ground), but it's likely to be to $$$$$$ for many of the young LGBT students (of parents without re$ource$) who could use it. I wish Pride School well in their endeavor.

I also agree, though, the existing public school districts (which are being hack-jobbed by the state on many fronts in favor of "charter" schools, but that's another issue) needs to do more to provide support, but they're too hamstrung by state "politRics" as well as uber-religious school board electees.

For those with the means to afford it, the school will do well. Pride School's an alternative that's good to have, but for LGBT youngsters and LGBT parents, it's just scratching the surface of a solution.

Forgive me if someone mentioned above, but there is a public NYC school ["Harvey Milk High"] that has been around for awhile that's aimed to support LGBT high school students, among others.

http://schools.nyc.gov/SchoolPortals/02/M586/default.htm

The downside is it serves as a crutch for other abusive schools in the district who would rather move kids rather than deal with internalized homophobia: "Your son's being bullied here? Why don't you transfer him downtown to the Harvey Milk School?" The upside is even without the school, anti-LGBT sentiment would not be well addressed at a school or systemwide level, so at least it's an alternative for parents who find its openness conducive to quality education.

I'll also note that the OP link about the school is from Breitbart, which is the notorious anti-(anything racial/gender/sexual minority) site for the conservative crowd. This link will provide more even-handed news (without the predictably nasty Con commentary in the comments section):

http://www.ajc.com/ap/ap/georgia/school-for-lgbt-youth-called-first-of-its-kind-in-/npxFY/

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2016-01-06 15:43:58     Post subject: Oregon Federal Building Takeover Compared to Ferguson, MO

(Image by Angela Jimenez, for Minnesota Public Radio)

(Talib Kweli, via Instagram)"When unarmed #blacklivesmatter protesters showed up to peacefully protest at Mall Of America, this is a fraction of the police that showed up, dressed in militarized gear."

"They secured the fuck out of that escalator."

"Remember this image as you watch this Oregon protest go down. Those are armed white men who stated clearly that they would use violence. Not unarmed peaceful protesters. So where are the police? Where are the talking heads on the news calling them terrorists(?)"

"It seems that when armed white men make a stand, police remember their training and focus on deescalation out [of] respect for life."

"This land they trying to claim was stolen from Native Americans. This ain't even a real cause."

"It's not about guns or states rights or cattle. It's about white men realizing their era of privilege is ending. And the government is giving them a pass just like they daddy got a pass after pointing guns at police two years ago."

"Do they have a right to protest? Sure."

"But so do unarmed black people.
"

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2016-01-06 15:29:09     Post subject: I hope Odell Beckham Jr. never comes out.

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2016-01-06 15:16:59     Post subject: Oregon Federal Building Takeover Compared to Ferguson, MO

BUNDY BUNCH: "We're here! Guns at the ready to fight back against those Black Lives Matter scoundrels!"

PRO-HAMMOND PROTESTORS: "What are you yahoos talking about? This is redneck Oregon! We're out here protesting the Bureau of Land Management!"

BUNDY BUNCH: "Oh! See, when you guys said y'all were protesting BLM, we all thought..."

PROTESTORS: "Yeah, whatever. You got any tarps?"

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-12-15 12:14:44     Post subject: White Cop Who Abused 13 Black Women Faces All-White Jury

UPDATE!

"How Could You DO This, My Fellow White People? (sniff!) This Is Not How This Game is Supposed to Work!"

Sobbing Daniel Holtzclaw Appears to Mouth 'How Could You Do This' at All-White Jury That Convicted Him

http://jezebel.com/sobbing-daniel-holtzclaw-mouthed-how-could-you-do-this-1747517789

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-12-03 16:24:07     Post subject: White Cop Who Abused 13 Black Women Faces All-White Jury

Legal advocate Damario Solomon-Simmons reports:

...it was a surreal and disappointing scene that was more like 1915 than 2015. First, we quickly noticed that not only were there no Black jurors, there were not any Black lawyers, bailiffs, clerks, or security personnel in the courtroom. In fact, (National Bar Association President Ben Crump) immediately leaned over and stated to me that the “only thing Black in this trial are rape victims and the Judge’s robe.”

Next, we were disappointed to see that, while defendant Holtzclaw was allowed to attend the trial in a suit and free from handcuffs or restraints, some of the alleged victims were actually forced to testify while shackled and “dressed out” in jail orange jump suits.

Lastly, we were disappointed to find out that many of the victims didn’t have proper representation or support to help them navigate the confusing and complicated legal proceedings.

This is emblematic of a legal system that is embarrassingly void of Black participation except as defendants, too often treats Blacks as “guilty until proven innocent,” and is undeniably slanted in favor of our White, wealthy, and connected citizens such as Holtzclaw.

More, in the NewsOne interview:

http://newsone.com/3276754/exclusive-black-women-rape-victims-are-under-assault-during-daniel-holtzclaw-trial/

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-12-03 14:06:47     Post subject: After reading about the whole tiger mandingo case.....

UPDATE! Free Tiger Mandingo?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/steventhrasher/a-black-body-on-trial-the-conviction-of-hiv-positive-tiger-m#.rlvWpLB7b

So this wasn't worth a new thread, although I don't doubt someone missing this post will make one when they read the piece above.

Buzzfeed reviewed the trial and discovered a tainted jury pool, contradictory witnesses, and an incompetent (possibly homophobic?) public defender. An excerpt:

Under Missouri law, HIV-positive people must tell all their sexual partners that they are infected, even if they practice safe sex. Johnson was accused not merely of keeping his HIV status to himself, but of willfully lying to his partners, telling them he was HIV-negative before engaging in what the prosecutor would call the most “dangerous” form of sex: ejaculating without a condom into the rectums and mouths of his sex partners.

As his lawyer tried to negotiate a plea deal, the 23-year-old Johnson rejected the idea, even after a friend visited him in jail and begged him to reconsider, and even though Johnson said he had spent months in solitary confinement, not even allowed to go to church. He was innocent, he said, and had confidence in the American criminal justice system. So on May 11, he was in St. Charles County court, where the judge and the lawyers began to choose the 12 jurors who would decide if he would spend the rest of his life in prison.

No one had shown up to support him. His own mother wasn’t there; she would arrive late and leave before his trial ended. His only ally that morning was his public defender, Heather Donovan, a petite white woman in a gray suit, and she stood up in front of the pool of potential jurors and told them that her client was…guilty until proven innocent.

Amid groans in the courtroom, the judge, Jon Cunningham, reminded Donovan that she’d meant to say the opposite: that her client was innocent until proven otherwise.

Things never got better for Johnson, who has become one of the most highly publicized targets of America’s controversial HIV laws, which make it a crime for HIV-positive people to have sex without first disclosing that they have the virus. When actor Charlie Sheen announced that he is HIV-positive last month, he said that at least two of his sexual partners had been “warned” about his health status. But another of his sex partners came forth to say the actor never told her that he has HIV, potentially opening him up to prosecution under California’s law.

Many prosecutors defend HIV laws as offering just punishment for behavior that can help transmit the virus. But critics say the laws unjustly place all responsibility on the person with the virus: While Johnson faced up to life in prison, his partners bore no legal liability, even though they all willingly engaged in unprotected sex acts during casual hookups with “Tiger.”

While I do think a 30-year sentence was harsh, I also think Johnson's gullibility about the fairness of the legal process did him in. One state north, a white guy serving a 25-year sentence was freed upon appeal to the state Supreme Court. Iowa did not completely scrap the law, though. People convicted like Johnson was could still get 5 years in prison.

Here's Johnson's fellow college student-"victim".

“I let him come in me,” the student said. He wanted bareback sex, he said, because Johnson was “huge,” “only my third black guy,” and — as he said Johnson told him yet again — “clean.”

The student said he has barebacked with multiple “friends and ex-boyfriends,” situations in which “we trusted each other. I mean, I don’t just let anybody do it.” Yet he also said he had bareback sex “with people I barely knew.” In those cases, he said, “I knew they were clean,” sometimes just “by looking at them.”

I'm just going to assume somebody at the trial asked the student to demonstrate he was HIV-negative in, and near, the time before he Grindr'd Johnson. But with the representation he got, it's hard to make that assumption. It's quite possible Johnson is "guilty" only of having just enough conscience to reveal his HIV-status FIRST, after the sexual encounters.

If Johnson wasn't born with HIV... and he wasn't one of those mythical "bug-chasers"... didn't someone "illegally" transmit the disease to him? Where is that person's trial?

That possibility (that the other student was already HIV-positive at the time of his encounters with Johnson) would open up "reasonable doubt" to a "reasonable", fair and impartial juror, a member of the type of jury Johnson was entitled to. Alas, here was the small-town jury pool...

(per Buzzfeed)

* Of 51 potential jurors only one appeared to be “non-white.”
* Half said they believed being gay was a choice.
* Two-thirds intimated that they believed being gay was a sin.
* All the jurors identified as straight and HIV-negative.
* All the jurors said they believed HIV-positive people who do not inform their partners of their status should be prosecuted.

And here was his one legal representative...

* She declined to acknowledge Johnson for most of the trial, “even neglecting to greet him most times he was led into court.”
* She “brought up prejudice and racism rarely” while weeding out potential jurors during "voir dire."
* She started crying while questioning a medical expert and accused the prosecutor of personally attacking her before telling the judge, “You are going to need to have a new trial in a few minutes because I am going to be disqualified.” Then she apparently stormed out of the courtroom.
* And most damning of all, she seemed to allow Johnson’s accusers to contradict themselves on the stand without attempting to impeach them.

Missouri Justice! If Johnson finally gets good advocacy, he may get a favorable appeal similar to the Iowa guy. (In Iowa's case, the Court ruled that an effective counsel would NOT have encouraged him to plead guilty, as it was much clearer, in his case, he could not have been the transmitter to the accuser.)

One of Johnson's former partners noted: “Getting 30 years for exposing someone to HIV is just silly. It would be better for him if he’d killed someone instead.

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-12-01 15:48:46     Post subject: So what happened to Derrick Gordon? (GOOD READ)

Excellent article by ESPN!

Derrick's been struggling to deal with the slings-and-arrows of people wanting him to be more than he is, combined with his waning dreams of becoming more than he is on the court.

The interview with the Seton Hall coach is telling. Coaches would much rather not deal with issues when they don't know how to do so.

He's doing just fine with his Pirate teammates these days. Coming off the bench, he's averaging 10.0 points per game and hitting 46 percent of his shots, certainly not a star but pretty good for a Division I collegiate guard.

In bigger, more recent personal news for Derrick: His twin brother Darryl (who, as you can imagine, he's very close to) is free from prison!

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/gordons-other-half-twins-reunited-after-ones-stay-prison-n465856

The face is very similar to his own, but Darryl Gordon's dreadlocks and smaller stature make for distinct differences between the fraternal twins. With Derrick in the middle of his Seton Hall debut, the two lock eyes.

"It's go time," Darryl tells his brother from a row behind the team's bench.

One minute and 45 seconds later, Gordon knocks down a shot from behind the arc, his first field goal as a Pirate. In response, Darryl throws both of his arms straight into the air. Their mother, Sandra, is jumping up and down next to him as she screams, "Go Derrick!" The Hall leads Dartmouth 18-17.

"Seeing us here at games is definitely going to push (Derrick)," Darryl said of his family's presence.

Family is one of the reasons Derrick chose Seton Hall when he decided to transfer from the University of Massachusetts. A native of Plainfield, N.J. - just 19 miles from the Prudential Center - the graduate transfer from UMass can now expect his family at most of his games.

"It's beautiful because now we can come to all the games - at least the home ones," Sandra said. "I think by us being here it kind of helps him focus on shooting that ball more and playing his game."

Derrick admits that seeing his family in the stands, especially his twin, does indeed push him. After all, the sight of Darryl at his games is not exactly something Derrick is used to.

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-11-12 16:48:45     Post subject: White Men Arrested For Threatening Murder Of Black Students

Is there any real constructive reason to be using Yik Yak? Anything, aside from: "Scribbling bigoted stuff on restroom walls is so 1978?"

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-11-11 08:52:40     Post subject: Black Students In Missouri Campus Being Terrorized

Thankfully, the Klan story turned out to be a hoax, certainly initiated by people who like to build hysteria off of any current controversy. The Black student union leader apologized overnight for furthering faulty information that sparked the #PrayforMizzou unease.

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-11-06 07:00:00     Post subject: Your erogenous zones

I won't list em all, but some underrated ones:

* Backs of the thighs, particularly on the insides

* Bottom edge of the triceps

* High edge of the upper palm, near the fingers

* Inside lower leg, behind the ankle

* Top of the a$$crack, where the back starts

* Perimeum (not so much underrated, just under-explored!)

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-11-04 12:11:22     Post subject: Scot-Free: No Charge for Officer in Black Youth Killing

Speaking of Memphis, Fox Sports producers recently did a nice job on NBA player Lorenzen Wright's unsolved murder from about six years ago.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/10/19/lorenzen-wright-murder-mystery-memphis-grizzlies

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-11-04 11:59:33     Post subject: White Cop Who Abused 13 Black Women Faces All-White Jury

If justice worked the way it should, the jury would've looked a little more like this:

...except with some ladies in the mix.

(too much Chappelle's Show love from me today!)

Also, I always hear how Irish folks complain that "Paddy" is as offensive as the N-word to them, but until you showed the derivation of "Paddy Wagon" I never understood why. Thanks for the info!

Btw, you got a thread coming on Fox Lake? That would save me a lot of trouble. Cop steals from his office, lies about a black suspect, stages his own death... and "Black Lives Matter" got dragged by the media for all of it. It's the New Normal!

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-10-28 16:15:47     Post subject: East Indian Florida Officer Shot and Killed Black Man

Here's another #RealMan who is actively seeking justice for Corey Jones. And it's another NFL relative (don't write anything on your eyeblack, Anquan! We don't need you to get fined!)

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article41612145.html

“How do you go from waiting for help on the side of the road to dead?” (San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Anquan) Boldin asked Tuesday. “For me, that doesn’t add up.”

Boldin is the most recognizable member of a family desperately seeking answers about the shooting, and he says he is willing to use his NFL prominence to ensure justice is served for Jones, 31, who grew up with Boldin, 35, in Palm Beach County.

“His granddad and my granddad are brothers,” Boldin said. “That’s a cousin I’ve known his entire life. ... Every Sunday you find him in church playing the drums. I think if you talk to anybody, you understand that he was just a good kid all around, which only adds more to the frustration of, ‘How does this happen?’ ”...

Among the questions Boldin wants answered: Did Raja identify himself as a police officer? Did he look up the license plate to see who the vehicle belonged to or if it was stolen? And why was Jones’ body found 80 to 100 feet from his vehicle?

Boldin said there’s been a lack of transparency.

“I find it hard to grieve when you don’t know,” he said. “And at this point, that’s all my family’s asking for – the questions that have yet to be answered. That’s the least you can do.”

Boldin, who has played 13 seasons in the NFL, won a Super Bowl with the Ravens and is among the most fiery players on Sundays, said he’s not out “to bash law enforcement.” He said he has relatives who are police officers and that, through his Pahokee, Fla.-based foundation, has developed ties to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Department.

“I know what the job entails; I know the dangers that come with it,” Boldin said. “I understand all of it. But I also understand that every person that’s sworn in isn’t worthy of a badge. And for those that aren’t, they shouldn’t be on the force, period. To me, it seems that he was ill-equipped to handle the situation outright. And his mistakes cost us a family member. And we’ve seen that happen too often. And on the back end, there’s no justice for it...”

Boldin said he’s followed the cases involving Trayvon Martin, Eric Garner and other recent high-profile deaths of black men and that he has always sympathized with what the families involved have endured.

“But when it hits home, it’s a completely different moment,” he said. “I can’t even explain it to you, the feeling that you have. It’s one thing to see it happen on TV at a distance. But when it hits home, it’s surreal. And the fact that it happens so often, sometimes we get numb to it. ‘Oh, that’s just another incident.’ And I don’t think each individual case gets the attention that it needs – at all.

Boldin has two sons, and he said he doesn’t want them to fear the police.

“I want my son to grow up respecting law enforcement, not fearing, ‘If I break down, I can’t call the police’ or, ‘If I’m in a sticky situation, I can’t call the police,’ ” he said. “The police are here to protect and serve. That’s what they’re sworn to do; that’s what they’re paid to do.

“But there’s instances where that doesn’t happen. My cousin wasn’t protected. They didn’t serve him. He needed assistance. But instead he got a death sentence.

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-10-26 14:44:08     Post subject: SINCE WHEN BGC MEMEBERS BECOME GRAMMAR TECHERS ?!

*MEMBERS *TEACHERS

(sorry! couldn't help it! lol)

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-10-25 11:20:33     Post subject: Rutgers

GO TSUONJ! Smile

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-10-25 10:48:53     Post subject: East Indian Florida Officer Shot and Killed Black Man

More details on Corey's shooter.

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/news/corey-jones-shooting-officer-who-shot-him-a-study-/nn8fM/

For years, Nouman Raja’s personal and policing lives have been filled with contradictions.

He told Atlantis police the mentally ill need to be approached with compassion but resorted to fists and Tasers when confronted with psychiatric patients at JFK Medical Center. He never finished a four-year college degree but speaks six languages and until this week, taught courses at Palm Beach State College.

He had a defunct company, IRS liens and a pending foreclosure in 2007, but came back financially by this year, having paid off the back tax bills by 2010 and closed on a $400,000, 2,600-square-foot home this spring. He got high marks for professionalism by supervisors while on the Atlantis police force, but botched two criminal cases.

He expressed concern about using deadly force in the line of duty, but went to work with large knives strapped to his uniform, according to a person who knows him but asked not to be identified.

And he was praised for teaching others in law enforcement how to safely handle risky traffic stops, but last week shot and killed Corey Jones as the 31-year old waited on a highway ramp for a tow truck.

Raja was wearing jeans, a T-shirt and a baseball cap when he got out of the van without his badge, said Crump, who spoke after a briefing with State Attorney Dave Aronberg...

Raja, who has received death threats, did not respond to calls for comment. The BlackDove Group, a Tequesta-based firearms company, quickly removed its Facebook page from public view after inquiries from The Palm Beach Post about photos linking Raja to the firm.

At Palm Beach State College, where he was slated to teach four courses at the law enforcement academy this semester, Raja is now on paid administrative leave, pending the college’s review of circumstances surrounding the shooting, “or the conclusion of your current teaching assignments, whichever occurs first.”

Though his grandfather was a police chief in Pakistan, Raja, a naturalized citizen since 2001, didn’t immediately seem headed for a career in law enforcement.

Raja said he smoked pot once, in the summer of 1995, and got busted with his fellow high school seniors the same year after blocking the Mechanicsburg, Pa., senior high school parking lot with cinder blocks. Problems with car insurance cost him a brief license suspension in New York.

After high school, he worked at a motorcycle sales and repair shop, installed security systems and briefly worked in sales at Al Packer Ford in Palm Beach County. But in late 2007, he quit his job at a Jiffy Lube in Delray Beach to concentrate on his studies. He was enrolled, along with his brother, at the Palm Beach State College police academy.

Raja graduated second in his class. His brother, now a Palm Beach County Sheriff’s deputy, finished first.

By then, Raja had encountered significant financial problems. Two small Boynton Beach businesses he co-owned had folded, according to corporate records, and the IRS filed to collect just under $10,000 in back business taxes from Raja. He faced foreclosure on a condo and was considering filing for bankruptcy.

After he was hired in 2008 by the Atlantis Police Department, though, the adverse financial court filings subsided.

Raja came to Atlantis with definite ideas of what kind of officer he wanted to be. And he seemed to be a good fit for the gated town of 1,200, with its large numbers of retirees and people seeking treatment at JFK.

He had taken care of his father and mother, both heart patients, he told interviewers, so he was respectful of the elderly. When dealing with the mentally ill, he said, it was important to be compassionate, and not take their actions personally...

His first few years on the Atlantis force brought praise from superiors. In 2010, for instance, the director of the FBI’s Terrorist Screening Center commended him for alerting the agency to a possible terrorist. In 2012, an FDLE course evaluator observing Raja teaching bias-based profiling and handling high-risk traffic stops gave him top marks. In 2014, Raja was promoted to sergeant.

But Raja did not always follow policy. In 2011, he stopped a driver who parked in the JFK Medical Center parking lot, then sped away, forcing pedestrians to jump out of the car’s path. Police pursuits are dangerous, and Raja already had identified the driver, so a pursuit wasn’t necessarily warranted. But he hopped in his patrol car and went after the driver anyway, a violation of department policies.

Two other significant incidents followed. In one, Raja wrote up a patient at JFK after narcotics were found in her possession. But Raja didn’t file a case with prosecutors or turn in the drugs to the department as evidence.

Raja turned over the pills and finished the report after the department confronted him about the missing casework.

However, while going through Raja’s inbox looking for the narcotics case paperwork, the police chief found two other reports not filed with the state attorney for prosecution, including the case of a battery on a hospital employee. Raja’s actions botched any chance of bringing charges in either the battery or the narcotics case.

“Officer Raja was derelict in the performance of his duties,” an investigation concluded. He received a written reprimand, and was warned another such incident could result in a suspension.

At JFK Medical Center, Raja racked up a string of at least 14 “use-of-force” incidents in two years, almost all involving mentally ill patients.

Aggressive and psychotic patients can pose real safety risks. “It can be difficult,” said one officer, “but if you are aggressive toward them, they are more likely to be aggressive toward you.”

Raja, he said, had a reputation for freely wielding stun guns — and he would sometimes appear at the hospital wearing one of his knives.

In January 2014, a kicking, flailing woman bit Raja’s finger. She did not let go. He slugged her.

Three months later, a 37-year-old Lake Worth woman was brought to the ER to be involuntarily admitted to the hospital’s psychiatric unit.

She bolted.

Raja caught her after she made it to the other side of Congress (Avenue). Another police officer followed, where he heard Raja yelling for the woman to stop. Then, writes the officer in a report, “She went to the ground.” On her back, she kicked Raja twice in the face, according to the report, and was attempting to kick him again when he slugged her, twice, near her eye.

Raja was uninjured. The woman was admitted to the jail with one eye swollen shut, her booking photo shows. She was charged with battery on a law enforcement officer.

In another incident, a 24-year-old Colorado man refused to get into his hospital bed. After Raja, another officer and medical staff moved him onto the bed, the psychiatric patient began taking swings. Raja Tasered him once, in the stomach.

The man knocked Raja’s arm away. Raja stunned him again under the left arm, then, after five seconds, Tasered him three more times in the same place.

A photo attached to the report shows a wound below the left arm.

In 2010, a 70-year-old woman in a red Toyota minivan parked sideways in the hospital parking lot. An officer called for backup after she said the elderly woman tried to run her over.

Raja and another officer approached the parked car. The woman refused to open the door. They banged on the window. She opened the door but clenched her hands around the steering wheel.

Raja unholstered his Taser, turned it on and pointed it at her, ordering her out of the minivan, according to an Atlantis police report. She stayed put. He grabbed her arm and pulled her to the ground using a “modified” arm locking technique and handcuffed her.

She was charged with aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer, according to the report.

Raja’s Atlantis personnel file showed no indication superiors found fault with those or any other incidents.

Raja left Atlantis in April to take a job with the Palm Beach Gardens Police Department, a job that came with a roughly $10,000-a-year pay cut.

The pay cut likely was cushioned by Raja’s reported $3,200 a month, 24-hours a week part time job teaching law enforcement courses at Palm Beach State College.

He remains on administrative leave from both jobs pending completion of the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s office’s probe into the Jones shooting.

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-10-25 10:21:13     Post subject: East Indian Florida Officer Shot and Killed Black Man

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/crime-law/corey-jones-shooting-fbi-joins-pbso-at-i-95-scene/nn8nc/

PALM BEACH GARDENS — Hours after Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw announced the FBI was joining his department’s investigation into the Corey Jones shooting death, a team of more than a dozen PBSO and FBI investigators descended on the site where the 31-year-old drummer was fatally shot by Palm Beach Gardens undercover police officer Nouman Raja.

In an apparent move to seek transparency in the investigation, Bradshaw asked the federal agency to help probe the details surrounding the Oct 18, 3:15 a.m. shooting that occurred after Jones’ Hyundai Santa Fe broke down on the southbound I-95 off-ramp at PGA Boulevard.

This move should be immediate, at least by state investigative officers (re: Missouri)

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-10-23 16:37:59     Post subject: East Indian Florida Officer Shot and Killed Black Man

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/vince-wilfork-speaks-out-on-the-shooting-death-of-close-friend-corey-jones

Houston Texans {and former New England Patriots} defensive tackle Vince Wilfork went to high school with Jones, and ahead of Sunday’s game against the Miami Dolphins, shared his thoughts on his friend’s death:

“[A]t the end of the day, you have somebody’s child, you have somebody’s family member that’s dead. We have to deal with it. It’s that simple. Like I said, everything has consequences in life. Anything you chose to do in life, it has consequences. You have to be able to deal with those consequences. Right now, we’re going to deal with these consequences and hopefully the right thing will happen. That’s what we’re praying for, that’s what we’re pushing for and we’re not going to stop pushing either.

“I tell my kids to treat everyone with respect no matter if you’re wrong or right, especially when you’re dealing with law enforcement.

“[Y]ou never can get the true answer and that’s what we search for,” Wilfork said. “That’s what we’re going to search for. The only person that knows what happened is that cop and Corey. He’s deceased now, so are we going to get the true answer? We don’t know.

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-10-23 15:32:24     Post subject: Guess who's going to be teaching at Wake Forest University

Jalen's Fab Five documentary and subsequent conversations showed all the animosity that remains between he and Webber. Webber has always seemed bitter that Rose has been able to talk at length about the Michigan days while Webber has been forced to remain quiet.

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-10-23 08:20:31     Post subject: Guess who's going to be teaching at Wake Forest University

GO C-WEBB!

Side note: Can he FINALLY get out from under the restriction where he can't even say the words "Michigan" or "Fab Five" in public? That's such a ridiculous thing, going on two decades after-the-fact.

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-10-23 07:38:15     Post subject: East Indian Florida Officer Shot and Killed Black Man

SO, nine-plus hours of #RealMen talk and here we are!

By my back-of-napkin word count, we got one mention of Corey Jones (thank you tightbooty), no mention of officers and police issues.

Staying on topic. That's what

Not
Interested in
Goofy
Gabbing
About
Zoo Animals

do! Ain't that right, random rapper meme? lol

In that N.*.G.G.*.Z. spirit, here's my morning contribution to the fray: the statewide fight for officer bodycams:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/opinion/os-ed-corey-jones-body-cameras-20151022-story.html

Another police shooting, this one in South Florida last weekend, has grabbed headlines nationally and added to tensions and distrust between minority communities and law enforcement — due in large part to some critical unanswered questions.

Answers to those questions might have been readily available if the officer involved had been wearing a body camera, or if his vehicle had a dashboard camera. It's a lesson for his agency, the Palm Beach Gardens Police Department, and others in Florida
— and across the nation — that have yet to adopt this technology.

Corey Jones, a 31-year-old black man from Boynton Beach, was shot and killed at 3:15 a.m. Sunday in an encounter with Palm Beach Gardens police Officer Nouman Raja. Jones was a part-time drummer whose car had broken down, after a late-night gig, on an Interstate 95 ramp in Palm Beach Gardens. He was armed but didn't fire his gun.

Though in plain clothes, Raja was on duty and driving an unmarked police vehicle. Lawyers for Jones' family say he was shot three times by Raja.

Questions still lingered on Thursday. Among them: Did Raja identify himself as a police officer? Did Jones approach the officer with his gun? Did he point it? What did the two men say to each other? What led Raja to shoot?

"If this officer had been equipped with a body camera, there would be evidence to show what was the confrontation — if there was one — and what happened prior to the shooting," state Rep. Shevrin Jones told the Miami Herald. "The evidence is now up to the officer because Corey Jones is no longer living."

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office and Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office each are investigating. Gov. Rick Scott has offered the help of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to local investigators. Leaders in the Legislature's Black Caucus have asked for an independent probe.

The Jones family's lawyer, Benjamin Crump, believes there could be footage available from other video surveillance cameras in the area of the shooting. If so, authorities should of course review it, and release it to the public as soon as possible. But it would be unlikely to be as conclusive as video from a body or dashboard camera.

This month, results were released of a yearlong study of the use of body cameras by officers in the Orlando Police Department. That study by the University of South Florida found that citizens' complaints against officers wearing cameras declined by about 30 percent. Injuries to officers with the cameras and the suspects they arrested dropped even more sharply.

Really, though, Florida? You needed a "study" for this? And why wasn't FAMU in on this research action?

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-10-23 07:24:19     Post subject: I want Jackie Christie's husband. Doug Christie.

Have we actually reached that day where Jackie is more famous than Doug? I'm getting old.

At least they're still together, I guess?

Matt Barnes and his estranged wife Gloria Govan have replaced the Christies as the NBAs King and Kween of Krazy.

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-10-22 19:07:43     Post subject: East Indian Florida Officer Shot and Killed Black Man

We've squeezed all the substance out of the real topic anyway. So I'll get out the way and let these "Real Men" talk. It's dinner time, anyway.

THE C**N-CALLOUT OLYMPICS CONTINUEZ!

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-10-22 19:02:54     Post subject: East Indian Florida Officer Shot and Killed Black Man

unngghh wrote:
1445345263 WE NOW RETURN TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED... yeah, you know!
retrn2covenant wrote:
1445555882 How so very rude of you to just some in here and try to take over my thread. It's clear to me that you have no home training.

Who does that?!

Why thank you! I await my obligatory two lashes with a wet noodle! lmao

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-10-22 17:50:07     Post subject: East Indian Florida Officer Shot and Killed Black Man

WE NOW RETURN TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED... yeah, you know!

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-10-22 16:53:10     Post subject: Delaware police shoot man in wheelchair

And Law Enforcement Inc. has already been excusplaining this for weeks now.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/10/05/cop-expert-defends-shooting-man-wheelchair/73415820/

“Usually we get it right. Sometimes we get it wrong,” {Sheriff of nearby Wicomico County, Maryland, Mike} Lewis said. “But I see absolutely nothing wrong that the (Wilmington) officers did in this particular case.”

Officers were responding to a 911 call about a man who had shot himself, said Lewis, noting that the man “already made a decision to end his own life.”

“These police officers are ordering him clearly on the video tape to drop the gun,” Lewis said. “The amateur videographer, who’s videotaping this with his cellphone, you can hear him say ‘Drop the gun, cuz.’ ‘Get your hands up.’

“So he’s making his own independent observations.”

Yet McDole refused to drop the gun, Lewis said.

“It’s not a good feeling,” Lewis said of killing someone. “It absolutely eats your insides out that you have to take a human life. But one thing that’s changed dramatically over the years with suspects is that they have been emboldened, they have become very defiant and the rules are no longer adhered to.

Suspects have become emboldened? More defiant? Is there some sociological study Sheriff Lewis is basing this on? Or is this from the American Journal of Shooting From the Hip? Even if he's remotely right... way to go, War on Drugs, you're doing a great job keeping everyone in check! [/sarcasm] More likely, the White population in Lewis' county dropping below 70% is what has his office fearful of more "emboldened" criminals.

Adding insult to injury? The gentlemen's mother "crashed" (their words) the Mayor's press conference on the matter, seeking answers. She then went after somebody she THOUGHT called the cops on her son, allegedly assaulting and threatening her.

No cops have been arrested. But she sure was!

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/local/2015/09/29/mother-man-shot-wheelchair-arrested/73022540/

unngghh

Senior

Atlanta
Georgia
United States

PostPosted: 2015-10-22 16:35:16     Post subject: East Indian Florida Officer Shot and Killed Black Man

Same article above:

Jones' body was found about 80 to 100 feet away from his vehicle and his gun was found somewhere between the vehicle and his body.

This adds to the perception that Corey could have been fleeing, weapon in hand, when the plainclothes officer in an unmarked car presented himself. He also could have been shot at closer range, then stumbled further away from his vehicle when he died.

The more sinister scenario would involve a plant of Corey's discovered gun, but there's no way to prove that unless the cop(s) forgot to get Corey's fingers on the trigger. This cop teaches friggin' criminal justice classes, so even I won't go that far without evidence.

Of course, being in an unmarked police-issued white van with tinted windows, there was also NO car camera. So we're all left with another case of He Said, The Other Guy Would Say If He Wasn't Dead, and The Rest of Us Squabbling Amongst Each Other Unnecessarily.

A reminder that this incident occurred on a freeway at 3:15 in the morning. So visibility for everyone involved, including the cop shooter, is sketchy unless Corey's car happened to break down directly under a road lamp.

A helpful witness in this case might be the tow-truck operator Corey reportedly ordered. What did he/she see, and how did the cop(s) approach him/her upon arrival? Did they attempt to run him/her off before he/she could figure out what was going on?

Roy Black, a Miami-based trial attorney, has been practicing law for 45 years and has represented more than 100 police officers, many facing potential charges after shootings. Authorities are making a mistake by not releasing more information about the shooting, including a detailed account of Raja’s statement, he said. Instead, several key questions remain including whether Jones pointed his gun at Raja and whether the officer identified himself.

“The unfortunate part of this event is probably both parties acted lawfully according to Florida law,” Black said. “You have a right to be armed. You have a right to discharge your weapon if you are in fear of great bodily harm or death. Probably both of the people out there thought they were in great bodily harm because the other person was armed.

Had the bullets gone flying first in the other direction, Corey Jones would be Public Enemy Number One on Faux Newz, and we'd be getting #AllLivesMatter'd to death on Twitter for the death of a cop, regardless of the circumstances that suggest Corey was merely Standing His Ground. Corey's brother (a former NFL player) doesn't want to play the online reindeer games. He just wants his brother back.

Clinton Jones, Jr. added that he and his brother also weren't raised to see racial differences and that his younger brother had friends and band members of many races.

"No disrespect about black lives matter but all lives matter," the older brother said. "This is not a black thing. My brother didn't see color. I didn't see color."

Did the plainclothes officer in an unmarked van see a lawfully-armed Concealed Carry holder protecting his property on the highway in the middle of the night? Or did HE see color?

All Lives Matter. Unfortunately, Some Lives always seem to Matter more than Others'.
First Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last Page 

Change Online Status: Status Update: